THE STAR LEGEND IS ON THE MOVE

Barrycat

The Legend has left its anchorage in Lisbon and is on its was to Palermo with a scheduled arrival date of March 12 at 7:00.

i doubt that this indicates any progress on the Breeze with an imminent complete date but it’s something.

With the recently released State Department warning suggesting that cruise ships should be avoided, the out of service status of the Breeze and Legend and the upcoming dry dock for the Spirit may turn out to be well timed. 
This is all a shame

15 hours ago, Barrycat said:

The Legend has left its anchorage in Lisbon and is on its was to Palermo with a scheduled arrival date of March 12 at 7:00.

i doubt that this indicates any progress on the Breeze with an imminent complete date but it’s something.

With the recently released State Department warning suggesting that cruise ships should be avoided, the out of service status of the Breeze and Legend and the upcoming dry dock for the Spirit may turn out to be well timed. 
This is all a shame

Yes it is both good timing and a shame. I heard the State Department statement about not going on cruise ships and took it more to mean that port countries may be a problem and people might not be able to get off than anything to do with illness. Maybe WS should consider new US based itineraries this summer. Start the New England/Canada season early, look at Florida west coast, Gulf of Mexico,  New Orleans.  More west coast. I don't know the logistics but would certainly try to keep 3 ships full by moving them out of Europe this summer. If they leave from US, stay in US ports, etc. it could work. 

Windstar had a Facebook post today showing Breeze in dry dock just after getting painted. The post says she'll be moving to wet dock in a few days. Presumably some work can start on Legend (e.g. removing things) in wet dock if she's there before Breeze is out of dry dock.

On 3/9/2020 at 7:30 AM, sb44 said:

Yes it is both good timing and a shame. I heard the State Department statement about not going on cruise ships and took it more to mean that port countries may be a problem and people might not be able to get off than anything to do with illness. Maybe WS should consider new US based itineraries this summer. Start the New England/Canada season early, look at Florida west coast, Gulf of Mexico,  New Orleans.  More west coast. I don't know the logistics but would certainly try to keep 3 ships full by moving them out of Europe this summer. If they leave from US, stay in US ports, etc. it could work. 

I don't think the US will be any safer than Europe within the next couple of weeks.

16 minutes ago, wripro said:

I don't think the US will be any safer than Europe within the next couple of weeks.

Totally agree but they didn't ask me! Viking ceasing operations is an indicator of what's to come. We are not cancelling either cruise yet but they may not happen.