Hal volendam 77 night cruise ending soon. ? Any restrictions for passengers disembarking due to Coronavirus

hladygirl

Since this ship is in Brazil now and increased cases of corona virus is in Brazil do you think these passengers might have restrictions in us when disembarking? Know someone on this cruise and thought might want to stay away from them for a period of time.

This is very interesting.  When exactly will this 77 night cruise end?  Not on Marh 22nd, I hope.  That is when my 14 day cruise starts on the Volendam. I was seriously considering cancels before this, but after reading this, it will be a definite cancellation.

I just found an old cruise planner book and see that, yes, indeed the 77 day cruise ends on March 22, the start day of my 14 day cruise.  Who knows that ills will be on that ship upon its return after having many stops in Brazil and their last stop is Santo Domingo in the Dominican Republic, which is the only Caribbean island with Corona Virus as of now.

We were on the 41-day portion of this voyage, and disembarked in Buenos Aires on Feb 15. We were treated exactly as everyone else, no special precautions, nothing.  Ditto arriving in Los Angeles on Feb 19.

21 minutes ago, kwb101 said:

We were on the 41-day portion of this voyage, and disembarked in Buenos Aires on Feb 15. We were treated exactly as everyone else, no special precautions, nothing.  Ditto arriving in Los Angeles on Feb 19.

March is a whole different world from February. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

March is a whole different world from February. 

Not really: the the Princess ship was already quarantined, and precautions were being taken, just not to the extent they are today. 

My opinion OP, your concern is about little.  

For you to have a concern, surely, that is reasonable.  Has there been any negative news about the health situation on good ship Volendam?  No.  

Worry not and plan for a great cruise.  Who knows what the situation will be when the Volendam arrives in Port Everglades later in March?

• Like 1