Questions about the Explorer 2

We had a balcony cabin and there were 2 sockets on the dressing  table, 1 European and 1 US. We took a double adaptor and glad we did as my hair curler had a pre moulded plug that had stiff wire and it would not fit into the socket. Worked with the double adaptor.

Sorry didn't  use ship wifi, used the free wifi in the ports and cafes.

On 3/9/2020 at 10:35 AM, bluewater2111 said:

Hi

Please could you tell me...

How many sockets (do I need an extension lead?) and what type they are..i.e. what adaptors do I need to bring?

How much is the wifi?

Thank you!

We have just returned on 10th March. Wifi is very expensive £15/day. We used free wifi in bars & cafes in the ports. I think there were 3 sockets but you need a European adaptor, however there are 2 USB sockets for charging phones on the bedside lights

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 8:57 PM, SAM48 said:

We have just returned on 10th March. Wifi is very expensive £15/day. We used free wifi in bars & cafes in the ports. I think there were 3 sockets but you need a European adaptor, however there are 2 USB sockets for charging phones on the bedside lights

Ouch that is expensive, my wife uses wifi a lot on cruises. Mind you, the gear they need to track and lock onto satellites doesn't come cheap. Can't answer regarding sockets as our first trip is on 1st August, Iceland and Norway but this looks unlikely.

I've been following Ex 2 on Marinetraffic. It's been anchored off the Yucatan Peninsula for some time. It's now on the move and is heading North at 15 knots about 100 miles East of Miami. Destination unknown and "awaiting orders". She is scheduled to leave Barbados on April 26th for the trans cruise to Newcastle arr 16th May, to start the Baltic season.