NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

I'm only slightly bitter that I purchased in early January......  🤪 I wasn't planning on selling anytime soon as I picked it up for the on-board credit, so let's hope it will go back up in the next 10-15 years (I have no doubt things will bounce back)    

• Like 1

Going to buy a bunch when it hits about $8-9, then hope the company doesn't go bankrupt Lol. I'm waiting for any announcement from they have halted any work on new ships

Edited by Laszlo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, arjay9 said:

I'm only slightly bitter that I purchased in early January......  🤪 I wasn't planning on selling anytime soon as I picked it up for the on-board credit, so let's hope it will go back up in the next 10-15 years (I have no doubt things will bounce back)    

It will be way back up again well before 10-15 years.   The global markets, not just cruise stocks are resetting with what many consider a much needed correction.  Now, saying that...no telling what the bottom will be right now.  It's an ugly global sell off.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Hrhbob said:

I was SO very proud of myself when i bought my NCL stock when it dove down to $33. As we speak it is at $21.52!  Well heck....

Me too! But I waited until $32 🤪

Is there a minimum number to buy? I’m think 25 here and there while the price is low and then sell to keep my 100 shares. 

55 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

Going to buy a bunch when it hits about $8-9, then hope the company doesn't go bankrupt Lol. I'm waiting for any announcement from they have halted any work on new ships

You may never really get the chance to buy at that level.  I would think that if it gets to $8 it is only temporarily passing through on the way to a lower number that has a very significant chance of Chapter 11 built in.  

If the buy sell decision really comes down to a prediction about chapter 11 or not chapter 11, the price at which you're going to have to make that decision is likely a number north of $8, because below that it's close to game over.  An $8 share price would be forecasting an earning per share of what?  About 50 cents?  A quarter?   Anything is possible but once the thing gets into the teens we're close to a point where you're just basically betting on a binary outcome.  There is little chance that NCLH does not eventually trade at more than $15 in the next few years if it survives.  So, that would become the question.

This is not investment advice.  Maybe it will hit a floor of $8 and everyone will clean up like crazy!

• Like 1

i bought at $28. 😞

going to wait till the dow climbs big for a 1 day recovery thus lifting all stocks, sell all my ncl stock then short it immediately.

i dont see ncl recovering anytime this year 😞

• Like 1

There was another good stock thread going, not sure why a new one was started.  Anyway, I stand firm that I plan to buy at the yearly average end of bad flu season, which is March 15th or so.  I still hold to that plan, and have been saying it since we were at around 40 dollars.  I think the bottom is not far from where we are, and honestly, we we go too much lower, they will be bought for the value of their parts, or go bankrupt.

All 3 of the big 3 cruise ship companies are up to their ears in debt.  None of them has anywhere close to enough cash on hand to make long term payments.  What happens if the government forces a temp shut down of cruise ships.
Bankruptcy becomes a very real possibility for all lines.   Their assets are not something that could be easily liquidated.
Who exactly would be in the market for billions of dollars worth of used cruise ships?

Disclaimer, I have in the past but currently do not own, nor am I short any of these cruise line stocks.
I would very much be a buyer of all 3 when hopefully we sail out of this current storm. 

Edited by dasmonkey
  • Like 1

The cruise lines have to come up with alternative uses of ships in the near future. Maybe vacation to their private island. Absolute testing before boarding. Theme parties cruises. Rock band cruises. USA ports only. It’s time for invention. East Coast Cruise with overnights in big cities. They’ve got to survive. Be creative. Joint venture with Canada and Bermuda. Short term solution. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColeThornton said:

OUCH.   And as a side note, the DJIA at the closing bell finished down 2018 points or 7.8%.  Double OUCH. 

Hang in there folks.

The cruise stocks are falling at a MUCH faster pace than the broader market.  The S&P 500 lost like 7.5 percent today, as did the DOW.  NCLH lost 26 percent.  

1 hour ago, LMaxwell said:

NCL becomes first major cruise line to shore up liquidity by taking out $675M of loans today.  Not a good indicator.  

https://www.seatrade-cruise.com/news/nclh-secures-additional-675m-liquidity-amid-coronavirus-uncertainty

FDR might take a pay cut if they survive this. 

According to this it is just a line.  It says they have not actually drawn on it yet and that they have about 1.5b in credit now.  

This is good news for shareholders.   What you want to know is that they have the means to get through this and come out on the other end.  A scenario in which they have to essentially sell Epic at a big loss to a lender in order to make payroll and meet their obligations to customers is a crummy scenario.  it is one that will require some good fortune and some time to get back to the profitability that they were forecasting when everything was rosy.  But it is a scenario where they can stay as a going concern and come out the other end.  Hopefully, it won't come to that.  That they are being proactive and making bold decisions now to stave off potentially company ending scenarios is good news.  

If I were a shareholder the other thing that I would be looking at right now is whether they are willing to do the hard work of trying to repair some of the loyalty damage that they have done in the last 3 or 4 years.  It has been so very easy.  They were printing money.  They were sailing full.  There was no consequence to slashing and cutting and turning their backs on their best customers.  They need to start making amends now and making sure those people are going to be there for them when they get through this.  These are existential questions.  It's going to take nerves of steel.  

But this is a very good sign that they are ready to take bold action.  I don't know if it's enough to rally the stock for the rest of the week but they have bought some time.  It's the first good news for investors in two weeks.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Regguy said:

What you want to know is that they have the means to get through this and come out on the other end. 

Nobody really knows what "this" entails.  This isn't money needed for capital investment. This is a line to hedge against cash flow restrictions to pay workers, vendors, and ship maintenance.  

You think this is good? That they doubled their liquidity line on the same day Hawaii calls for a 60 day cruise moratorium is no coincidence. 

Seven Short Blasts Followed by one Long is what I think Im hearing!!! 😂

Airlines and Cruise Lines have been living fat again, and most have long since forgotten the post 9-11 economic era for travel. This came out of nowhere for them all. Airlines have massive orders for jets that cant be delayed (most have pushed back those options as long as possible already and the lessors are holding their feet to the fires), NCL and RCL have all new very expensive equipment, and more on the way. 

NCL got big for their britches and as one post just said sold out their loyal past customers for new customers and pricing that had no ceiling (Haven for 16000+ for 7 nights in Alaska!!!) because they could. 

The Govt will provide assistance is my guess, but not to the level they need. NCL has indeed secured financing to get through the near term storm, however if they close ports and markets, Chapter 11 will be the vehicle to get them free of past debt and back on their feet. 

Lesson: Never say never. 

• Like 2