NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

On 4/3/2020 at 1:17 AM, cksv said:

That's true... I must have been thinking CCL and RCL.

I've read a year mentioned for Carnival based on their latest round of funding. NCL drew around 1.5B from their credit line with JP Morgan Chase a couple weeks ago and I imagine that will last them anywhere from 3-6 months. I think they'll likely do a bond offering like Carnival, or get another credit line from a bank like Royal, and I think that's already expected and priced in where the stock is today.

CCL is at $8.49 this AM and is expected to go to $8 when the market opens. Think I'll roll the dice and go for it.

• Like 1

I agree with fstuff1 on the prices.  We love NCL as well.  If you look at sailings later in the year (Nov or Dec) the prices are pretty high compared to other lines.  That needs to change or else it could be it for them.

• Like 1

UBS sizes up the balance sheets of the cruise line operators after factoring in the latest cash-preservation moves by Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings (NCLH +7.5%) and Royal Caribbean (RCL +12.5%), as well as the capital raise by Carnival (CCL +12.0%).

Analyst Robin Farley: "CCL's capital raise last week gives it the longest runway of liquidity to stay afloat in a zero-revenue scenario, at about 12-13 months with potential for another 2 months based on prolonged layups, and more beyond that (as we detail below.) That puts CCL further ahead of RCL, which we believe has ~10 months of liquidity in a zero-rev scenario, and NCLH which we believe has ~7-8 months of liquidity in such a scenario."

UBS has a 12-month Buy rating on Royal Caribbean and Neutral ratings on Carnival and Norwegian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

That puts CCL further ahead of RCL, which we believe has ~10 months of liquidity in a zero-rev scenario, and NCLH which we believe has ~7-8 months of liquidity in such a scenario."

It's time for a $10 billion bailout of NCL's U.S. flagged Pride of America ship. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

cdc just announced they're extending the no sail order for cruise ships indefinitely:

tps://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2745329-cdc-extends-no-sail-order-indefinitely-492020/

Mon opening bell is going to be interesting for the cruise lines.

(stock market closed tomorrow for Easter Fri)

Edited by fstuff1
  • Like 1

Agreed FStuff, market ran up cruise stocks this week by 30%+ gains hoping for the best.  The no sail order is in effect for 100 days minimum and until this crises is over, which I am not sure how we plan to sail in fall if 2nd wave crises is predicted.   I am bummed and hope they all survive.

On 4/3/2020 at 11:47 AM, disneykins said:

Just bought this morning. 100 shares so I can get the obc when they start cruising again. If they go bankrupt, I'll lose under $1,000,  I can live with that risk. I also have 7 Cruise Next certificates, I can live with that loss too. I'm in a similar situation with Carnival. I don't want to live in a world where I cant cruise anymore, lol.

Like someone else posted, its a small cap stock in a risky environment, don't use money you need. If I had a million bucks would I put it in one of these stocks---not a chance. But I would put it in the stock market, any of the big tech companies, or other good quality companies. The economy is coming back. One day. If it doesn't, losing a few thousand bucks is the least of my worries.

If bankruptcy is filed would we lose our cruise next coupons, maybe they would allow us to redeem vouchers after BK re-org for customer loyalty and getting on cruises.  I did pay $500 cash my $1000 cruise next vouchers.  

Edited by mrpauly

On 4/7/2020 at 9:58 PM, mianmike said:

It's time for a $10 billion bailout of NCL's U.S. flagged Pride of America ship. 

Not going to happen, because even though the ship is flagged in the US, it is owned by a company that is not incorporated in the US.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Norwegian Cruise Lines (NYSE:NCLH) reportedly hired investment bank Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) to seek financing, which may include selling a part of the company to private equity.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/19/private-equity-is-reportedly-circling-norwegian-cr.aspx (Today, 4/19/20)

Should Norwegian go the all-equity route, it might dilute shareholders. :classic_ohmy:

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Norwegian Cruise Lines (NYSE:NCLH) reportedly hired investment bank Goldman Sachs (NYSE:GS) to seek financing, which may include selling a part of the company to private equity.

https://www.fool.com/investing/2020/04/19/private-equity-is-reportedly-circling-norwegian-cr.aspx (Today, 4/19/20)

Should Norwegian go the all-equity route, it might dilute shareholders. :classic_ohmy:

Better to be diluted and afloat is it not? But we are kidding ourselves if we don't think this would be a good purchase by someone.

Small cruise line, financial troubles/issues, perfect opportunity as I see it. I wonder why MSC is not all over this yet? Private company who would love to get more access to US ports.

Steve

On 4/9/2020 at 9:43 PM, npcl said:

Not going to happen, because even though the ship is flagged in the US, it is owned by a company that is not incorporated in the US.

It was a joke. I figured a $10 billion dollar bailout for single cruise ship would seem ridiculous enough that everyone would know it was a joke.  Next time I'll try to remember to add a disclaimer. 😉

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, mianmike said:

It was a joke. I figured a $10 billion dollar bailout for single cruise ship would seem ridiculous enough that everyone would know it was a joke.  Next time I'll try to remember to add a disclaimer. 😉

I have seen far crazier things from people that have been serious.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, npcl said:

I have seen far crazier things from people that have been serious.

Indeed:

23 hours ago, mscdivina2016 said:

Better to be diluted and afloat is it not? But we are kidding ourselves if we don't think this would be a good purchase by someone.

Eventually, perhaps.  I think those with deep pockets and a vested interest have no real need to jump in yet.  Right now they'd be buying a bunch of expensive to run ships that won't generate revenue for an unknown amount of time.  With the cruise market so uncertain, plus the general economic issues, I can't imagine many investors beating down the door to put their money into NCLH or another line.  Of course, the Saudi investment in CCL was an interesting move that doesn't quite fit with that view, so who knows!

I do think there is a scenario where the future starts looking brighter for cruising yet the lines are still in a cash crunch waiting for that future to arrive.  If debt and equity options dry up or prove impractical, I could see someone acquiring them at dirt cheap price, knowing that they'll need to burn cash for a while.

1 hour ago, AL3XCruise said:

Indeed:

I can't imagine many investors beating down the door to put their money into NCLH or another line.  Of course, the Saudi investment in CCL was an interesting move that doesn't quite fit with that view, so who knows!

That was a very interesting move, but at the level they got in $8. Not bad and that was an attractive price. I also jumped on that ship around $8.50 and jumped off when CDC added 100 days at $11.85.

Now waiting for NCL to drop when they actually realize the sailings they are advertising in May are not going to happen so I can rebuy them as well.

Steve