NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

2 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

$16B assets, $10B liabilities.

that looks pretty good, on paper at least.

$6B wiggle room

16B assets = a fleet of  used cruise ships.
Roll up in the cash for titles loan joint and see how much those "assets" are really worth.

The markets are a few dollars from starting to view Chapter 11 as a significant possibility.  

NCLH's silence right now is deafening.  They have to send someone to CNBC or something to try to calm this somehow or this is going to turn into a real problem.  Maybe they are working on getting the administration to suggest that they would intervene if necessary.  Short of that I would have to think the markets are going to continue to view silence as bad news -- that they have no choice but to be quiet because they have nothing good to say.

It is not going to take long for customers to realize that their deposits at this point are merely short-term unsecured loans.  People are not stupid.  NCLH needs to get out in front of this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Regguy said:

The markets are a few dollars from starting to view Chapter 11 as a significant possibility.  

NCLH's silence right now is deafening.  They have to send someone to CNBC or something to try to calm this somehow or this is going to turn into a real problem.  Maybe they are working on getting the administration to suggest that they would intervene if necessary.  Short of that I would have to think the markets are going to continue to view silence as bad news -- that they have no choice but to be quiet because they have nothing good to say.

It is not going to take long for customers to realize that their deposits at this point are merely short-term unsecured loans.  People are not stupid.  NCLH needs to get out in front of this.

I don't think they need to go Baghdad Bob this.  

5 minutes ago, Regguy said:

NCLH's silence right now is deafening.  They have to send someone to CNBC or something to try to calm this somehow or this is going to turn into a real problem.  .

I am genuinely curious, if you were a NCL fat cat and they sent you over to CNBC what exactly would you tell people that would quell their fears?  What are we missing that would make us all start buying this or ANY cruise stock at this point based on what is currently known?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StackSkipton said:

Is there information anywhere what monthly payment on those liabilities?

My guess is they will start shutting down ships soon to reduce expenses. Not sure if they can lay-off crew with little notice. 

Give it about 14 more days when the death toll in the US is in the 1,000's, and people will walk away from the industry. Deposits? People won't hang around for that, they will be too busy looking for toilet paper, and hiding in their basements. The ships will be empty. Oh, and don't forget that there is a possibility that they will quarantine Seattle, so even if you are a thrill seeker who wants to look death in the eye, you might not be able to get into town..

15 minutes ago, Regguy said:

Well, that's not likely to happen. When was the last time they have been out in front of anything?

But I do think Del Rio and Jim Cramer of CNBC are pretty good buds. Del Rio was always on there talking about how he wishes he had more ships because demand is so high, so maybe that is an opportunity for him to step up. I saw he did a y-o-u-t-u-b-e video not so long ago talking about how safe their ships are.

Call me crazy, but I've been deliberately buying NCLH on the way down....some at 20 and some more today at 16. 

Edited by blcruising

4 minutes ago, dasmonkey said:

I am genuinely curious, if you were a NCL fat cat and they sent you over to CNBC what exactly would you tell people that would quell their fears?  What are we missing that would make us all start buying this or ANY cruise stock at this point based on what is currently known?

Well, you'd need a message directed to markets, not cruisers, which is a very different message.  But that you have a plan.  That your credit facility is adequate, that you can reduce capacity in a way that will keep things moving orderly, and that you can come out of this despite reduced demand.  

Maybe it's just too much of a catch-22 right now.  The more you try to assure investors the more you're going to spook customers and turn the faucet of new money completely off or worse create a run on the bank for those who have deposits into 2021.  

I don't know.  You're probably right.  The fact that they are not doing it suggest that they just don't have something good to say which the markets seem to be taking seriously.

59 minutes ago, KSSS2013 said:

It's ok, I was too lazy to find the correct one. I feel like I should put in a limit order and 10 bucks and see what happens.

You may not want it at $10. It may look good at that price, and then you may think you made a mistake if it gets to $2 a share. There are a lot of companies not around anymore, from bankruptcy. J. C. Pennys looked great at $75 a share, and better at $50, but you really didnt want it at $15. Its at 50 cents a share today. Who'd a thunk.

Fear and greed is what moves this market, not logic, sit on the sidelines, and see what transpires. There will be plenty of time to buy it. But you may never see $50 a share ever again. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Can i get some education from financially smart people?

if the stock goes to $10 and I turn around and vacuum up 100 shares for $1:000, then it goes back to $50 within a year or two, I’ve made $4,000....great.

IF the stock bottoms out, and one of the companies files chapter 11; BUT doesn’t shut down....do stock holders retain that stock? I know companies go bankrupt “for protection” all the time.

i guess my question is...how big a gamble is it really?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSSS2013 said:

That is for NCL Air Shuttle...

Precisely why I asked.

I come here to learn about matters from others who may be more informed than I.

When someone like dasmonkey presents himself as well-versed on a subject but can't attach the correct link, his expertise becomes suspect in my view.  The facts he cites are easily confirmed elsewhere, but....

Yes, it could also be a simple mistake, which an intelligent poster would readily acknowledge.

Edit:  Which I now see that he has done.

Edited by leithbones
edit

13 minutes ago, leithbones said:

Precisely why I asked.

I come here to learn about matters from others who may be more informed than I.

When someone like dasmonkey presents himself as well-versed on a subject but can't attach the correct link, his expertise becomes suspect in my view.  The facts he cites are easily confirmed elsewhere, but....

Yes, it could also be a simple mistake, which an intelligent poster would readily acknowledge.

Edit:  Which I now see that he has done.

LOL!  It was corrected within'  minutes of my cut and paste of the incorrect link once my error was pointed out.

• Like 1