Am I the only one who is still thinking about going on my cruise?

Danny61231

12 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

PS: Please understand that I am not trying to be argumentative. I can understand how you would make the mistake of thinking MSC was smaller than the competition.

I think their point, which I would agree with and is Factually correct is that MSC Cruises is smaller than the two/three big dogs of the Cruise industry. This is the MSC Cruises forum, and as you correctly point out. The parent company of MSC Cruises is indeed Mediterranean Shipping Company S.A. but this is the forum for MSC Cruises.

We booked with three families for a Caribbean cruise in April. All diamond members. We try to re-schedule. Too many uncertainties. Especially we also have to travel from Europe to the US in order to get on board. We rather delay our trip. Many of our group are doctors, pharmacists, etc. we are not scared of the virus but of the hassle. 

No cruising for the next couple of months 😞

• Like 1

@JP82I was simply trying to paint a more complete picture. Nothing more. Nothing less. Meant no offense. I'm actually starting to agree with size being part of the MSC's customer service issues, but my stance would be that perhaps MSC is too large to manage everything effectively. Perhaps they have grown too fast and spread themselves too thin. Of course, we are all free to disagree, and I do so respectfully :).

For those still thinking of cruising with school aged children, I might suggest you check with your local school districts for updated information. Some are trying to impose a 14 day self-quarantine for anyone who travels internationally over spring break, especially those students who cruised. Parents in my district area already lobbying and it's getting ugly. 

1 hour ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

@JP82I was simply trying to paint a more complete picture. Nothing more. Nothing less. Meant no offense. I'm actually starting to agree with size being part of the MSC's customer service issues, but my stance would be that perhaps MSC is too large to manage everything effectively. Perhaps they have grown too fast and spread themselves too thin. Of course, we are all free to disagree, and I do so respectfully :).

For those still thinking of cruising with school aged children, I might suggest you check with your local school districts for updated information. Some are trying to impose a 14 day self-quarantine for anyone who travels internationally over spring break, especially those students who cruised. Parents in my district area already lobbying and it's getting ugly. 

No I agree with you in that size is against them. Their expansion has been unfathomable really when you look at their history, and I think that comes from not having shareholders. However the rest of the business in terms of capability (be it guest service/ or some of the more technical aspects) has struggled to keep with the expansion of their fleet/footprint.

I'm just stating that they are still number 4 (I don't think we should be bringing their container ship business tot he table), and I think the other 3 have been a little more on point with their ability to respond to this, again Carnival/Princess have had no option but to.

End of the day until I'm told its not possible, I'm still going on my Northern Europe mini cruise in April.

• Like 1

WIll be on Seaside Saturday! 

I will be turning 60 on the cruise and I have MS. 

I am not worried.

We have been on close to 50 cruises.  Never got sick.  

Remember the norovirus? We were on ships where passengers disembarking were confined to their cabins. The ships were cleaned and boarding was delayed.   

I am packing extra meds "just in case" we are delayed getting home.