Assuming unpopular post - diamond lounges

Guest BigRoger

3 hours ago, George C said:

As already said there are so many people that stay for entire time, this goes for diamond and concierge, suite lounge normally isn’t bad. I also like lounge but normally stay less than a hour. 

I guess I haven't experienced what you have for the most part. I never go there for the entire time so I can't say there are so many there for the entire time. I guess you must be one of those that stay for the entire time to be able to say that?

2 hours ago, DaniDanielle said:

Other than the first night, we have enjoyed the Diamond Lounge.  After people leave for first dinner seating it empties out quite a bit.  We like having a quiet place during the day to go also.  I think people should stop suggesting changes!!!!

Agreed!!  Don't change it.

21 minutes ago, George C said:

Brilliance concierge lounge on our Europe trip a few years ago was totally great, amazing staff and concierge and even with drink package it was my favorite bar by far. I once asked for something they didn’t have and bartender offered to go to another bar to get it for us, we declined. 

Exact same thing happened to us....the next day when we were in there again the ingredient was magically there. Charmaine our concierge was awesome!!

16 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

LOL  ....  So you must be god now?  I am constantly amazed at the arrogance of some people on cruise critic.  How dare I have a different experience than yourself?  If you have never experienced it, it is not real?  LOL  Exaggerate much????? LOL    Please forgive me your lordship.

I love Royal.  I too am well past D+  but because of the behavior of some.  I have chosen (and my friends as well).  To avoid the lounges and enjoy the ship.  

And instead of Saying nasty things to these guests, or starting a fight.  We simply chose to leave and not go back.  Seems simple and fair enough?  

I am sure you may have seen a disturbance a time or two but your statement reflects the lounge experience as constant turmoil and over crowded. Interesting as well you want everyone to believe you are the type to walk away from a situation yet your aggressive behavior on the board over multiple topics indicates otherwise. You have a good day ....

1 hour ago, squadron said:

If I have the  figures correct there were between 1200 and 1300 diamonds and diamond pluses and 123 pinnacles on the Snowbird Migration.  The overflow lounge had no seats within minutes of opening.   Maybe needed tow overflow lounges?

LOL! Yeah it was a mess. That's for sure. Service was awful...

1 hour ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

AS a D+  my friends and I hate the lounges.  Mostly full of unhappy complaining people. The thought that someone will plan their day, go to the lounge at 4:30pm and save ten seats for their "friends" coming at 5:30  is laughable.  We simply have better things to do.  We think the 3 drinks are great.  We can do what we want, sit where we want  and enjoy our day.  Unless I am in a suite on the oasis class, I simply am not interested in a lounge.  

Really? Not my experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I am sure you may have seen a disturbance a time or two but your statement reflects the lounge experience as constant turmoil and over crowded. Interesting as well you want everyone to believe you are the type to walk away from a situation yet your aggressive behavior on the board over multiple topics indicates otherwise. You have a good day ....

HI,

I wish you the best, it's clear you are not a happy person and feel the need to attack other people.  But you seem to confuse "aggressive behavior"  with defending MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE  when a complete stranger calls me a liar and says I did not experience something?  LOL  enjoy your Trolling day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, George C said:

As already said there are so many people that stay for entire time, this goes for diamond and concierge, suite lounge normally isn’t bad. I also like lounge but normally stay less than a hour. 

Might be a dumb question, but how do you know they stay there the entire time if you are not staying there the entire time, too??  😉

Seems like you are there longer than an hour to know that.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

HI,

I wish you the best, it's clear you are not a happy person and feel the need to attack other people.  But you seem to confuse "aggressive behavior"  with defending MY OWN PERSONAL EXPERIENCE  when a complete stranger calls me a liar and says I did not experience something?  LOL  enjoy your Trolling day.

Not a troll....been here since the beginning....even before  it was called cruise critic...I have helped and been helped for years. No one called you a liar that I can see. The lounge is and always has been a great and friendly place to meet others sharing like interests. In my opinion, for someone to claim it is consistently a cramped area filled with arguments and a place to avoid....well that is just not a fair depiction and could rob the experience from others. 

27 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

I guess I haven't experienced what you have for the most part. I never go there for the entire time so I can't say there are so many there for the entire time. I guess you must be one of those that stay for the entire time to be able to say that?

No we rarely go in diamond, suites since we can go in suite lounge and get drink package, we all have different taste and we like the better wines . I question  anyone who thinks there wine is ok. 

Edited by George C

Some of you may be missing the point- you don't help lounge crowding by trying to convince people to go there when they don't want to go.

IMHO, if you want more room in the lounge, encouraging more people to NOT go is a better idea.  More room for the people who do want to go.

So there are always terrible people in the lounge- they smell bad, too.  Don't go.

Edited by alfaeric
  • Haha 1

Wow.  I am always amazed at the number of times people on CC report misbehavior by fellow cruisers.  I am closing in on 150 cruises, most on Royal.  Because of my Celebrity status I have always been able to go to a lounge since day 1 on Royal.  I have seen a very small number of “misbehaviors” but none that I can recall in a lounge.  Guess I am either very lucky or block out unpleasant events.  Am missing something?

BTW — I have seen a few people who spend a lot of time in the lounge and leave only for dinner.  But they are mostly people who get up very early, go to events during the day, and leave for their cabin after 8:00.  Different strokes for different folks.  For some the lounge is the event during the evening they like the best.  They enjoy the socializing with fellow cruisers.  We all do the things we like on a cruise — that’s why cruising is so popular!  Please don’t knock people for doing what they enjoy.  Katherine

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, alfaeric said:

Might be a dumb question, but how do you know they stay there the entire time if you are not staying there the entire time, too??  😉

Seems like you are there longer than an hour to know that.

I often wonder this myself. 

M

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheTruthCanHurt said:

I have seen multiple temper tantrums in the lounges, and people disrespecting staff.  It's embarrassing to watch this.. so we simply remove our self from the situation.  Of course there are nice people.   However.  Listening to someone complain, or talk down to the staff is enough to make me not want to go.  Besides?  Whats the point?  there is a whole ship to enjoy your beverage?  Why smash yourself into a crowded room ?

The only crowded place for us was Anthem for the first cruise as Diamond. Since then they added overflow so not a problem. We find a table near the window in DL, in overflow or adjacent lounge (VCL)  and enjoy view, snacks, drinks for 1-2 hours, then use other coupons in Schooner or Bollero's before our dinner.

2 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

Wow.  I am always amazed at the number of times people on CC report misbehavior by fellow cruisers.  I am closing in on 150 cruises, most on Royal.  Because of my Celebrity status I have always been able to go to a lounge since day 1 on Royal.  I have seen a very small number of “misbehaviors” but none that I can recall in a lounge.  Guess I am either very lucky or block out unpleasant events.  Am missing something?

BTW — I have seen a few people who spend a lot of time in the lounge and leave only for dinner.  But they are mostly people who get up very early, go to events during the day, and leave for their cabin after 8:00.  Different strokes for different folks.  For some the lounge is the event during the evening they like the best.  They enjoy the socializing with fellow cruisers.  We all do the things we like on a cruise — that’s why cruising is so popular!  Please don’t knock people for doing what they enjoy.  Katherine

We also too busy enjoying whole thing to pay any attention.

Loved Elite HH and lounge on Celebrity Summit recently.

Btw they do unlimited drinks in almost all bars during HH. Sky lounge was so uncrowded.

3 minutes ago, Lady Hudson said:

....BTW — I have seen a few people who spend a lot of time in the lounge and leave only for dinner.  But they are mostly people who get up very early, go to events during the day, and leave for their cabin after 8:00.  Different strokes for different folks.  For some the lounge is the event during the evening they like the best.  They enjoy the socializing with fellow cruisers.  We all do the things we like on a cruise — that’s why cruising is so popular!  Please don’t knock people for doing what they enjoy.  Katherine

Guess I never thought of it  that way.   Like an  corner bar, where everyone knows your name. 🎵

• Like 3

Last TA on Symphony was best cruise ever. Same Lounge, same couch, same international group of 8, almost every night 4:30 to 8,  husbands left early to play trivia and use the 3 cocktails for Scotch. Overflow at the attic and Jazz on 4. 2600 Diamonds and D+, over 400 pinnacles who filled Dazzles every night.  D lounge may become D+ lounge in the future. Lemon drops, Gin Martinis, Chocolate Martinis and Champagne and wine flowed like water for 14 nights.  Same group sat behind us every night all night. 

70249B0B-4B4B-47C8-9C6B-0F6C24739DEA.thumb.jpeg.0fdea2712227844a8df0542b5a63d1f5.jpeg

Edited by taglovestocruise
  • Like 3

I guess it makes sense to cruise around holidays.

We usually do Christmas & New Year, Memorial Day, Thanksgiving week, Labor Day and sometimes Independence Day (to maximize our vacations 🙂 ) and as a side effect we get less crowded lounges. 

Ships though are usually sold out.

Guest BigRoger

ok Greatly appreciate the energy and engagement on this... but the point I keep tying to make os that the ‘business model’ is not sustainable into the future....

we have had fantastic experiences on big ships in overspills and lounges and on small ships in concierge lounge on smaller ships but EVERY DAY more people reach pinnacle or D+ or D.....

I genuinely think people need to get comfortable with the fact that it will change.... the sailing comments are right (right now) but miss the future.....

3 minutes ago, BigRoger said:

ok Greatly appreciate the energy and engagement on this... but the point I keep tying to make os that the ‘business model’ is not sustainable into the future....

It's not sustainable based on a non-typical cruise of eligible people?  Sorry, I don't see that at all.

I've never really seen overcrowding in the lounges, and we cruise ~4 times a year, so your experience does not correlate with mine.  Why penalize everyone when the issue is really with a handful of cruises?  Makes no sense.

I LOVE the diamond lounges so I do hope Royal

keeps them for us loyal customers!  It’s a great perk and it’s one part of what lured me away from another cruise line where I achieved the highest loyalty status. I really enjoy visiting and meeting new people in the Diamond Lounge. There are so many wonderful folks to meet!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, sandycruzr said:

I LOVE the diamond lounges so I do hope Royal

keeps them for us loyal customers!  It’s a great perk and it’s one part of what lured me away from another cruise line where I achieved the highest loyalty status. I really enjoy visiting and meeting new people in the Diamond Lounge. There are so many wonderful folks to meet!

We also have highest loyalty status with one and can work on several others, but DL among some other nice things RCI has is a key factor very often.

Guest BigRoger

Ok alfaeric to disagree with me.... that’s cool and called debate... differences of opinion....

but please read ALL the post rather than selective bits..... it’s not sustainable because of the GROWING numbers not your own personal experience of the past....

again.... we have had THE SAME positive experiences in the past including even the symphony TA with thousands of high level C&A..... the point is.... it’s not going to work going forward..... because there are going to be too many.....

Guest BigRoger

Ps please dont play the ‘mines bigger than yours’ game.... with me... we also do an average of 4 per year and have 5 this year.....  it doesn’t impress....