Devestated

Well today was the day to fly to Montego Bay to Join Discovery 2. I was packed and on high alert ready to have some fun.

On Saturday I had an accident and broke and dislocated my toe. I was kept in hospital and need surgery to pin it.

Cruise off ! I am gutted to say the least.

I have been sent home to wait elective surgery next week.

It is sooooo painful.

Home to all my lovely clothes and shoes packed and ready to go now need unpacking and putting away.

The tramadol and very strong pain killers occasionally make me fell like I am swaying on the ship.

Well for all of you on there have a great time enjoy the experience and please raise a glass to me in bar 11.

Oh so sorry for you especially as you would have been going in the right direction and even more so as you're unlikely to get another cruise in before next winter due to the problems in the Med Good luck with your op and I wish you a speedy recovery

• Like 1

Poor you sorry about your cruise but knock.the Tramadol on the head if you can. It's the spawn of the devil akin to heroin and coming off is like going cold turkey, sweats, night terrors, etc. Took it for 3 slipped discs for about a year and was horrific took 6mths to get out of my system. Stick to ibruprofen or co-codamol. Best of 🙏🙂

• Like 1

Was on Tramadol for broken vertebrae for 6 months, was on full 8 per day.

Every time I tried a day off, withdrawal was weird. Now on Codeine and "only" taking them every second day. 

Constipation can also Can rear it's ugly head.

Edited by oxygenbanditnot
Bad predictive spelling.
  • Like 1

On ‎3‎/‎11‎/‎2020 at 6:07 AM, oxygenbanditnot said:

Every time I tried a day off, withdrawal was weird. Now on Codeine and "only" taking them every second day. 

I was on codeine for a while a after back problem and the constipation was nasty. But not as nasty as when I stopped taking it and my intestines started to work again quite suddenly...

15 hours ago, vwgolf said:

I was on codeine for a while a after back problem and the constipation was nasty. But not as nasty as when I stopped taking it and my intestines started to work again quite suddenly...

Same here, My GP gave me a prescription for Co Codamel There was also some Senna on the same note which I thought was strange. Lets just say Doctor knows best.😂

On 3/11/2020 at 6:07 AM, oxygenbanditnot said:

Are you sure it was constipation ?

On 3/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, jaxw17 said:

On Saturday I had an accident and broke and dislocated my toe. I was kept in hospital and need surgery to pin it.

Cruise off ! I am gutted to say the least.

I have been sent home to wait elective surgery next week.

It is sooooo painful.

Ouch, sorry to hear about your pain and loss of cruise, just as you were about to escape the clutches of this awful cold wet weather. Let's hope you were well insured and can get back to the Caribbean in say, Autumn or Winter.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 5:27 PM, ormy said:

Thought this was a cruise forum - not a medical one

In the current climate I think the above topics are intertwined.

Conversations evolve naturally.

Thanks for your input though, very helpful.🙄

Went to TUI TA this morning as we are 70 and have been advised not to cruise (although our cruise hasn't been cancelled yet) got an immediate refund for 2 back to back cruises £5000+ We could also have had £400pp if we had rebooked as part of the cancellation but as we have booked on line for end of June, early September and next April we couldn't really book anything else as we don't know when we could go.

I had booked £300+ excursions but they couldn't help as I'd booked them on line. When I got home I had an email saying my excursions had been refunded.

When we went this morning the news that TUI  had cancelled all cruises, holidays and flights hadn't been released 

Absolutely gutted to not be going away but can't fault TUI AT ALL and at least I got more shares for my dividend due to the low price 👍

Edited by Vitalsign

1 hour ago, Vitalsign said:

Went to TUI TA this morning as we are 70 and have been advised not to cruise (although our cruise hasn't been cancelled yet) got an immediate refund for 2 back to back cruises £5000+ We could also have had £400pp if we had rebooked as part of the cancellation but as we have booked on line for end of June, early September and next April we couldn't really book anything else as we don't know when we could go.

I had booked £300+ excursions but they couldn't help as I'd booked them on line. When I got home I had an email saying my excursions had been refunded.

When we went this morning the news that TUI  had cancelled all cruises, holidays and flights hadn't been released 

Absolutely gutted to not be going away but can't fault TUI AT ALL and at least I got more shares for my dividend due to the low price 👍

You will be in trouble for duplicating your posts VS be warned.😂😂

Edited by Brummijam