Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

Okay, there has been a lot of talk on various threads about cancelling cruises, and not cancelling cruises.  I am sure someone said they had already cancelled their cruise because or Corona.  I love a list, so, has anyone cancelled a cruise they were meant to be going on?  By this, I mean the cruise is <90 days away and full payment has been made. 

For disclosure, I am away in about 6 weeks I think it is, but still intend to go. 

• Like 1

I didnt even get chance to book, DH put brakes on any new cruise bookings and today spent a load of our cruise money on a second hand JCB, he is now playing with it in his big shed down the yard. 🙈🙄 I could cry with nothing to look forward to this coming Spring even our fall back holiday destination of Tenerife is off limits. 😥

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

I didnt even get chance to book, DH put brakes on any new cruise bookings and today spent a load of our cruise money on a second hand JCB, he is now playing with it in his big shed down the yard. 🙈🙄 I could cry with nothing to look forward to this coming Spring even our fall back holiday destination of Tenerife is off limits. 😥

My husband wouldn't dare cancel our cruise without us discussing it together. 55 years married and we've always been a team. Every decision has always been a joint decision. That way if anything goes wrong there's no finger pointing.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, 2BACRUISER said:

Good Lad!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

My husband wouldn't dare cancel our cruise without us discussing it together. 55 years married and we've always been a team. Every decision has always been a joint decision. That way if anything goes wrong there's no finger pointing.

That sort of works for us too... 

Michelle decides what she wants, then asks my opinion knowing I dare not say no... 

If I complain later, she says 'but I did ask you'.... 😊

Andy 

• Like 8
  • Haha 4

We are fully paid up and due to sail on the 11th May on the Ventura (our first cruise) not sure where she is sailing at the moment. Anyway we are watching to see how this plays out as my wife has health issues.

Just now, KnowTheScore said:

OP: has anyone cancelled a cruise they were meant to be going on? 

Yes.  Was due to sail in March, cruise fully paid up

Won't be going now.

Did you/would you offer it to someone else if they paid for the name change )and a donation to charity)? 

• Like 3

Do I cancel our holiday on Ventura because  of the remote chance of catching the virus hahahaha no chance whatsoever, and looking on the positive side if people panic and cancel there cruises might be able to pick up some bargains

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Bazrat said:

Do I cancel our holiday on Ventura because  of the remote chance of catching the virus hahahaha no chance whatsoever, and looking on the positive side if people panic and cancel there cruises might be able to pick up some bargains

Thinking the same unfortunately already booked for March, June, Sep, Nov/Dec but there’s one in Jul/Aug we’re monitoring closely think the price will only come down

5 minutes ago, Manx buoy said:

Thinking the same unfortunately already booked for March, June, Sep, Nov/Dec but there’s one in Jul/Aug we’re monitoring closely think the price will only come down

Not if we get in there before you hahahaha 

• Haha 1