Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

5 hours ago, Selbourne said:

Again, sorry to sound like the voice of doom, but I would think the exact opposite would be the case. As they will be trying to impress all the trade press, travel agents etc (especially given a lot of the negative pre PR about Iona from a lot of regular cruisers), I would be absolutely staggered if they didn’t start their cabin allocations for the ‘shake down cruises’ with suites and work down. When I have seen reviews of new ships they are often suites. Also, they will want to make damned sure that those guests paying top dollar get a good first impression, so will want to have ‘snagged’ suites as a priority. To end with a positive, at least if we all get quarantined you will have more walls to climb! 😉

I think if they want to showcase any particular cabins it may be the conservatory suites as this is a new concept.

16 hours ago, kevcharben said:

Travelling on 15th May on Arcadia down to the Canaries.

Fully paid not cancelling, unless P&O decide it for us.

After reading this thread I looked at what my cruise is going for now, I wish I hadn't.

It has gone down significantly from when I booked a few months ago.

This could be The 'C' word or the normal filling up of cabins.

And mine is still £400 pp more than we paid.  Maybe yours it's because it's the Canaries and there are lots of those cruises?  We are the 19 days before you.  I am not including the Saver Fare, only the Select.  The Saver fare on ours is about £50 more than we paid, but we have £220 OBC between us.

Edited by jeanlyon

6 minutes ago, glittergal1 said:

I think anyone cruising on Oceana May 28th should cancel especially as it is going to Venice,  the more passengers who cancel  means it gives us a better chance of a  free cabin upgrade 😁  so cancel away folks as it could get far worse 

Unfortunately for you I suspect P&O will not go to Venice at all. 

So there goes your upgrade. 😎

• Like 1

We have three booked for this year, the first being on Azura on 19th April. Have no plans whatsoever of cancelling and really looking forward to them. If P and O decide to cancel us for any reason we would just book for later in the year.

Has anyone else had an email from P & O today outlining the steps they are taking to counter corona? I'm interpreting it as trying to reassure but also hinting that some port changes may be expected. In our case it refers to our cruise to the med on Azura at the end of June which has a couple of stops in Italy. I've yet to pay the balance on it yet but I intend doing so and, like others, it will only be P & O who cancel it.

Husband has just said he wants to cancel ours 😒

we we have paid the full amount. He isn’t worried about the virus but that we specifically wanted the canaries and won’t be happy if we change to somewhere else. The email we have just received hasn’t helped. I know it’s the greater good but we don’t particularly want medical tests 

21 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

we we have paid the full amount. He isn’t worried about the virus but that we specifically wanted the canaries and won’t be happy if we change to somewhere else. The email we have just received hasn’t helped. I know it’s the greater good but we don’t particularly want medical tests 

So if you cancel, you will be paying for a holiday, but not going anywhere?  

21 hours ago, 2BACRUISER said:

I could cry with nothing to look forward to this coming Spring even our fall back holiday destination of Tenerife is off limits.

Come to the Algarve. Great beaches, great food, golf, tennis, water sports, friendly people... :classic_smile:

32 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

they don't need to cancel all the Canaries.  It's only on Tenerife at the minute?

15 minutes ago, jeanlyon said:

they don't need to cancel all the Canaries.  It's only on Tenerife at the minute?

The virus was in Costa Adeja South Tenerife.

The ship docks in the north so hopefully it might be okay?.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, zoe sproodle said:

Has anyone else had an email from P & O today outlining the steps they are taking to counter corona? I'm interpreting it as trying to reassure but also hinting that some port changes may be expected. In our case it refers to our cruise to the med on Azura at the end of June which has a couple of stops in Italy. I've yet to pay the balance on it yet but I intend doing so and, like others, it will only be P & O who cancel it.

I wouldn't read to much into which cruise you had received the notification from.  I have 5 cruises booked with P&O, with 2 in April this year, however they chose our Iona cruise in June this year to Norway and our Arcadia trip in October 2021 for Northern lights.  

10 minutes ago, jaydee6969 said:

I wouldn't read to much into which cruise you had received the notification from.  I have 5 cruises booked with P&O, with 2 in April this year, however they chose our Iona cruise in June this year to Norway and our Arcadia trip in October 2021 for Northern lights.  

You are absolutely right, I've just checked again and I've got 2 emails, one for June and one for Oct 21 to the Canaries, but nothing for the 3 we have booked between those 2.

3 hours ago, davemorton said:

So if you cancel, you will be paying for a holiday, but not going anywhere?  

No he has said he hopes they will just refund us. I think he’s crazy. 

He says the virus will get worse before it gets better. His immune system is great. The kids are so so and mine is shocking. 

Hes more worried about the itinerary changing as we booked it specifically for Tenerife and there are a lot of ports that we have been to that we wouldn’t want to repeat. 

Hed rather have the £2.5k back. I think that it would drive me crazy to cancel a holiday and we’d not get a deal like that again. 

12 minutes ago, Vampiress88 said:

No he has said he hopes they will just refund us. I think he’s crazy. 

He says the virus will get worse before it gets better. His immune system is great. The kids are so so and mine is shocking. 

Hes more worried about the itinerary changing as we booked it specifically for Tenerife and there are a lot of ports that we have been to that we wouldn’t want to repeat. 

Hed rather have the £2.5k back. I think that it would drive me crazy to cancel a holiday and we’d not get a deal like that again. 

Unless things change, I cant see you getting a refund unfortunately.