Cancelling Cruises because of the C word

davemorton

3 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

New terms and conditions send to us by e-mail. Probably on web site.

Not sure what it means for those who have already paid their balance to date

It means exactly what it says. You get a mix of refund and FCC depending on how far out you are from sail date. 

20 minutes ago, galeforce9 said:

Important changes to your holiday terms

Applicable to holidays departing before 1 September 2020

As your P&O Cruises holiday approaches, we wanted to get in touch to let you know about some important changes we've made to your holiday terms given the current uncertainty surrounding travel. Rest assured, we're doing everything we can to help you navigate this evolving situation. For your latest updates please click here

In this ever-changing environment, we understand that you may well feel in need of some added flexibility, so please read on to consider your options in light of a number of recent enhancements we have made to our cancellation and transfer policies. 

shine.png

Sailing as planned 

If you'd like to keep your existing booking, your ship and crew are ready and waiting to welcome you. We are pleased to be able to offer you some on-board spending money to enhance your holiday; this will be credited to your on-board account and can be used for drinks, spa treatments, room service and shore experiences booked on board.

The amount you'll receive depends upon the number of nights you'll be spending on board with us:

Cruise duration (nights)   On-board spending money per cabin
1-3   £100
4-7   £200
8-14   £400
15+   £600

There's no need to call us; your on-board spending money will be added to your account in time for departure and you will receive an updated booking confirmation in due course to confirm this. 

Transferring your booking 

You also have the option of transferring your holiday to an alternative date should you wish, and you can do this up to 48 hours before departure. Under our temporary highly flexible terms, you can choose to transfer your holiday to any sailing within our published programme. Any holiday, any price, anywhere!

Cancelling your holiday

Should you wish to cancel your holiday, you'll be pleased to know we've temporarily relaxed our cancellation policy given the circumstances. Here's a guide to what you need to know: 

• As you're booked on a P&O Cruises holiday sailing before 31 August 2020, you may now cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure

• Cancelled bookings will receive a Future Cruise Credit equivalent to the cancellation fees and refunds will be given on any remaining monies paid - full details of how this will be applied are outlined in the table overleaf

• Your Future Cruise Credit can be used right up to the end of next year (31 December 2021) and can be redeemed against any P&O Cruises holiday sailing until the end of March 2022

Select Price and Early Saver: Period before departure within which notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises    Cancellation charges    New Interim Policy (assuming cruise paid for in full by required date)
From the date of booking until 91 days before departure    Loss of deposit    FCC given to value of deposit
90 to 57 days    50%   Refund 50%. FCC 50% 
56 to 42 days   60%   Refund 40%. FCC 60%
41 to 16 days    75%   Refund 25%. FCC 75%
15 to 6 days    90%   Refund 10%. FCC 90%
Less than 6 days and up until 2 days prior to departure   100%   Refund 0%. FCC 100%
Less than 2 days prior to departure and failure to embark    100%   No refund or FCC
Saver: Period before departure within which notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises   Original Cancellation charges (percentage of fare)    New Interim Policy (assuming cruise paid for in full by required date)
From the date of booking until 2 days prior to departure    100%    100% FCC
Less than 2 days prior to departure and failure to embark   100%   No refund or FCC

Full details of this interim transfer policy, including Frequently Asked Questions, can be found here. We will be contacting booked guests with a cruise departing from 1 September onwards shortly.

We hope this helps clearly outline all of your options. To make any changes to your booking please call us on 0344 338 8594(local call charges apply), otherwise, we look forward to welcoming you on board soon. 

Thank you for posting.

We have not received anything yet from P&O so really appreciate your post.

Regards Graham.

• Like 1

Just had my mail for our cruise next week, extra £400 OB,  plus the new cancellation terms. Seems pretty reasonable to me.

FCC to be used by 31/12/2021 for cruises up to end March 2022 is a goodly time frame. We are going unless P&O cancel but can't see that on a reposition cruise.

Edited by grush240
  • Like 2

8.03 - just had email from P&O

extract

o   As you're booked on a P&O Cruises holiday sailing before 31 August 2020, you may now cancel up to 48 hours prior to departure

o   Cancelled bookings will receive a Future Cruise Credit equivalent to the cancellation fees and refunds will be given on any remaining monies paid - full details of how this will be applied are outlined in the table overleaf

o   Your Future Cruise Credit can be used right up to the end of next year (31 December 2021) and can be redeemed against any P&O Cruises holiday sailing until the end of March 2022

Select Price and Early Saver: Period before departure within which notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises

Cancellation charges

New Interim Policy (assuming cruise paid for in full by required date)

From the date of booking until 91 days before departure

Loss of deposit

FCC given to value of deposit

90 to 57 days

50%

Refund 50%. FCC 50%

56 to 42 days

60%

Refund 40%. FCC 60%

41 to 16 days

75%

Refund 25%. FCC 75%

15 to 6 days

90%

Refund 10%. FCC 90%

Less than 6 days and up until 2 days prior to departure

100%

Refund 0%. FCC 100%

Less than 2 days prior to departure and failure to embark

100%

No refund or FCC

Saver: Period before departure within which notice of cancellation is received by P&O Cruises

Original Cancellation charges (percentage of fare)

New Interim Policy (assuming cruise paid for in full by required date)

From the date of booking until 2 days prior to departure

100%

100% FCC

Less than 2 days prior to departure and failure to embark

100%

No refund or FCC

6 minutes ago, staygulf said:

It means exactly what it says. You get a mix of refund and FCC depending on how far out you are from sail date. 

This is part of what I have just read.

You also have the option of transferring your holiday to an alternative date should you wish, and you can do this up to 48 hours before departure. Under our temporary highly flexible terms, you can choose to transfer your holiday to any sailing within our published programme. Any holiday, any price, anywhere!

I have two holidays (Back to Back) booked for May 2021 and have paid a deposit of £50 for each.  Does the above mean that I can transfer this year’s money I have paid to next year’s booking?

Also just received; seems reasonable to me. I'm booked on Arcadia for the one after the worldie, April 12th. If it looks like she'll arrive infection free I'm inclined to go, as the Canaries don't seem to have a problem following the return to the UK of the quarantined tourists from Las Americas (which is 60 miles from where the ship docks anyway) with no positive tests.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tablelamp said:

This is part of what I have just read.

I have two holidays (Back to Back) booked for May 2021 and have paid a deposit of £50 for each.  Does the above mean that I can transfer this year’s money I have paid to next year’s booking?

The terms only cover cruises departing before this September so probably not. I have two cruises for October and January, I think neither would be covered so I will need to decide late June about cancelling the first and forfeiting my deposit.

36 minutes ago, wowzz said:

The new cancellation terms are out. Check the P&O webpage for details.

Thanks.

I just found our email from P&O in my promotions section on Gmail.

We are very happy to get an extra £400 obc.🇬🇧🍺👍🍾

Hi tablelamp under terms and conditions you cannot use on existing bookings .I guess the only way round that would be to cancel existing bookings and rebook but what sort of prices you would get is anybody's guess .

38 minutes ago, dorsetlad said:

Just received an email from P&O,  basically free cancellation for all cruises until the end of August. Additional OBC for those willing to continue with their cruise. Refunds and FCC available in varying amounts. That's the basic theme, but you will see all details when you receive your email. We are due  on Arcadia round Britain in August.

Ive just posted the full email. Not really free cancellation (as in full refund) if you don’t want to book a future cruise, but a very positive step none the less. Need to digest in full, particularly re FCC and whether or not usual restrictions apply. Too busy now but will look later. 

This is part of what I have just read.

“You also have the option of transferring your holiday to an alternative date should you wish, and you can do this up to 48 hours before departure. Under our temporary highly flexible terms, you can choose to transfer your holiday to any sailing within our published programme. Any holiday, any price, anywhere!”

I didn’t make my last post clear.

I am booked and paid to go on a cruise THIS May.   Does the statement above mean that I can transfer thIs May’s holiday to the B to B holiday I have booked for May 2021.

Hi again tablelamp I would think you could meaning you would have a new booking holiday added to two cruises which are back to back plus another new one making three back to back to back of If I understand you correctly hope that helps but check with your ta or p and o 

24 minutes ago, davecttr said:

The terms only cover cruises departing before this September so probably not. I have two cruises for October and January, I think neither would be covered so I will need to decide late June about cancelling the first and forfeiting my deposit.

Your 2 bookings can be transferred to any other cruise without loss of deposit

The OBC offered for those willing to continue with their cruise looks very generous. As it's said to be "per cabin", I'm hoping that as someone who travels solo I will get the full quoted amount rather than half of it. It would be a nice change to actually get a financial benefit from being a single.

• Like 2

I'll have £600 extra OBC. I'm thinking of not pre booking excursions and waiting until I'm on board. What do others plan on doing? The drinks package wouldn't work for me, and spending it in the on board shop tat would be a waste. 

Thank you P&O for putting your passengers first.  This makes a huge difference to me as I was facing losing thousands of dollars as my travel insurance company is refusing to cover cancellations for the virus.  My cruise was not til May but this really gives me peace of mind and a chance to make a wise decision.

• Like 3