Oasis - March 15 2020

Who is still going on this sailing?  We have until tomorrow to decide if we want to cancel so that we can get the Future Cruise Credit with any cancellation penalty.  I want to go SOOO bad but am nervous since so much is going on right now with Coronavirus.  Am I buying into the media hype or being smart???

I'd go!   They're taking all precautions and your plans are in place.  If you're healthy I think it would be a go!   👍  Good luck on whatever you decide!  I wish I was going!

We are still going.  Early 40s,  healthy-ish, job with quarantine provisions if necessary which I don’t think will be an issue.   A friend just came back from a Caribbean cruise with RCL as well and said it’s the safest she’s ever felt on a ship with all the extra precautions.   

8 minutes ago, Philatelyisforme said:

We are still going.  Early 40s,  healthy-ish, job with quarantine provisions if necessary which I don’t think will be an issue.  

having the work time in case of quarantine is nice, I have the time off also, but I was speaking more of spending the time on the ship in quarantine, it not like you can wander around the ship. you are confined mostly to your stateroom. Even in a loft suite i do not want to spend time cooped up in there    

Edited by Tulsacoker

8 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

having the work time in case of quarantine is nice, I have the time off also, but I was speaking more of spending the time on the ship in quarantine, it not like you can wander around the ship. you are confined mostly to your stateroom. Even in a loft suite i do not want to spend time cooped up in there    

I had read somewhere (not confirmed of course) that RCL will only be doing room quarantines if the case arises.   Of course who knows what would happen if the US said it wouldn’t accept it back.   I just have a hard time accepting that our ship would just happen to be first RCL ship this happens to out of how many that sail everyday.  That said, we are packing a bit differently just in case.  A couple more books, my daughter is bringing an extra sketchbook and drawing stuff.   We have a balcony so we get some fresh air at least.   

I agree that everyone needs to make their own decision based on their circumstances.

We have a cruise planned on the Indy (3/30) and are in the "lets wait" stage. We are not scarred of getting sick ..but the quarantine has us concerned. My husband owns a business and it would be difficult to be away that long.

The issue for us is that we are part of a group so I need to find out how the cancellation works for that. We were advised by the group organizer yesterday that they were planning to sail as long as RCCL sails at this point. There was no mention of the cancellation policy for members of the group. This somewhat surprised me because the group is mostly made up of business owners. 

2 hours ago, Tiggercat said:

Who is still going on this sailing?  We have until tomorrow to decide if we want to cancel so that we can get the Future Cruise Credit with any cancellation penalty.  I want to go SOOO bad but am nervous since so much is going on right now with Coronavirus.  Am I buying into the media hype or being smart???

Tomorrow March 12th? I am also on this cruise and debating if we should cancel so just called and was told I have till midnight tonight March 11th. If not all will be lost apart from taxes and fees. Read the fine print and called again agent checked with another department and said 48 hours for FCC.  It's scary that some agents are so untrained or just plain lazy! 

25 minutes ago, Philatelyisforme said:

I just have a hard time accepting that our ship would just happen to be first RCL ship this happens to out of how many that sail everyday

I feel the same way. In contact with someone on the ship now shes saying impeccably clean and so much sanitization is on going. Very strict about temperature checks.

2 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

I feel the same way. In contact with someone on the ship now shes saying impeccably clean and so much sanitization is on going. Very strict about temperature checks.

Are you on the Facebook group for the 15th sailing?    There is someone on the cruise doing a B2B (I believe) and that’s part of the reason we’re still going is because of her reports.   RCL is trying to do as much as they can to keep everyone safe it sounds like. 

We are embarking on Sunday too, Liberty of the Seas. A tiny bit concerned, but we are healthy, packing sanitizing wipes, extra books, deck of cards, etc if we are quarantined on our balcony. We decided we can’t live in fear, need to enjoy the one life we are given!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Philatelyisforme said:

Are you on the Facebook group for the 15th sailing?    There is someone on the cruise doing a B2B (I believe) and that’s part of the reason we’re still going is because of her reports.   RCL is trying to do as much as they can to keep everyone safe it sounds like. 

Yes I am. Her reports make me feel better. Taking my Granddaughter and my son seems ok with it just concerned about quarantine and missing 2 weeks school.  

23 minutes ago, Lovetocruise2002 said:

We were on this sailing and we cancelled last night.  It wasn't the virus that we feared, it was the possible quarantine when we get back to Canada.  As is well though as moved our Oasis sailing to August and got a way better cabin out of it.

August was also a thought but if it got worse would they extend FCC for another booking?