AMAWaterways Covid 19 Cancel Policy

AF-1

19 hours ago, Oskie3188 said:

They are cancelling cruises at their discretion and not refunding any money.  They are "offering" what they are calling special insurance so that after you pay for your cruise in full and pay them some more special insurance money and then decide to cancel, you can get a portion of your money back and the rest as a future cruise credit (FCC).  They want your money and they don't guarantee anything.  Yes, after they have your money for over two years they say you can get 100% of your money back assuming that they are still in business.  Any company who is operating as they are now clearly is in financial trouble.  They need your money to continue to operate but for how long? All other cruise companies whether they be ocean going or river when they are cancelling cruises are all offering 100% of the customer's money back and something towards a FCC.  AMAWaterways is completely off base with how they are treating their customers and they don't care.  I have sailed with them several times and this behaviour is indicative of a significant problem.  I will never sail with them again and recommend that if you want a river cruise, look somewhere else.  There are more reputable companies out there.  Stay away from AMAWaterways!

please, please, please increase your font, this is like small print in a contract

6 minutes ago, coevan said:

please, please, please increase your font, this is like small print in a contract

Hi, I echo your sentiment.....I wear readers and it is still very difficult to read font that is so small.

There is a good reason that Cruise Critic is set up with the font size set at 'default' – this allows the website to try to pick the right font for each device, and also allows each reader to use the command-plus/minus to change their screen size to fit their own particular needs.

** sorry for the font size, my system chose the small version **

They are cancelling cruises at their discretion and not refunding any money.  They are "offering" what they are calling special insurance so that after you pay for your cruise in full and pay them some more special insurance money and then decide to cancel, you can get a portion of your money back and the rest as a future cruise credit (FCC).  They want your money and they don't guarantee anything.  Yes, after they have your money for over two years they say you can get 100% of your money back assuming that they are still in business.  Any company who is operating as they are now clearly is in financial trouble.  They need your money to continue to operate but for how long? All other cruise companies whether they be ocean going or river when they are cancelling cruises are all offering 100% of the customer's money back and something towards a FCC.  AMAWaterways is completely off base with how they are treating their customers and they don't care.  I have sailed with them several times and this behaviour is indicative of a significant problem.  I will never sail with them again and recommend that if you want a river cruise, look somewhere else.  There are more reputable companies out there.  Stay away from AMAWaterways!

Also, you are right that not all cruise lines are offering full refunds but are doing much, much better than AMAWaterways. 

For any questions or concerns regarding your upcoming river cruise, kindly email social@amawaterways.com with your booking number and full name. We will review your inquiry with our reservations team and your travel advisor and get back to you as soon as we are able to. We appreciate your patience during this time.

Just thought I would let folks know I have received 90% of my refund back onto my Credit Card:classic_smile:.  Still waiting for one more credit to show up.

The amounts were issued as separate entries.  I was in touch with my rep at AMA

and she told me she could see her accounting dept had issued me a full credit. Hopefully that last amount will show up this coming week.  I will give it a few more days before I contact them again, but so far,

I have received most of what is due back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

Lois R,   glad to hear you have money back into your account

Thanks, just waiting for this last amount to show up. 

8 hours ago, AF-1 said:

My travel agent is going to contact them this week.  We shall see how it goes

Hi, I just got off the phone with AMA again. My rep felt horrible about this and they found out the server they use

to process cc payments/credits crashed and there are about 2 days worth of transactions have to be re-done.

My last credit is in that batch.  My gal apologized profusely and I understand that type of thing can happen first

hand....... I worked in accounting in my previous job for 29 years and it happened to us from time to time.

She really felt bad about it because she thought it had gone through.  Anyway, at least now I know why the

last amount is not credited yet. Should be coming within another week or so.

• Like 1

On behalf of all of us at AmaWaterways, we want to assure you, our guests, that you are our utmost priority. We are monitoring the current situation daily and will inform you and your travel advisor of any changes that may arise to your future travel plans with AmaWaterways as soon as they are available. If you booked your river cruise with a travel advisor, we encourage you to reach out to them directly, as we are in close communication with them. We truly appreciate your patience during this time.  Please email social@amawaterways.com with any additional questions regarding your cruise. Thank you.

Thank you for sharing this info with us.  We all know how frustrating this situation is; and while it is a inconvenience; we will get past this and onto our first river cruise.  It didn't work out this year; so we will try again next year to try out our first river cruise with your company.  Keep the faith AMA

Edited by AF-1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

We are schedules to sail 7/20. Our final payment is due in 2 weeks. We are a bit nervous to pull the trigger, any suggestions?

Hi, this is just my opinion and being totally honest---I think July is not in the cards. Too many variables at this point

in time.  I have a deposit down on a cruise for September and not even sure I will make my final payment on it yet.

Why would you lose your deposit? I thought AMA only keeps 200.00 and that would be as a credit for future.

Isn't your cruise on AMA? Maybe I am wrong and you should call them directly.

22 hours ago, coevan said:

We are schedules to sail 7/20. Our final payment is due in 2 weeks. We are a bit nervous to pull the trigger, any suggestions?

New policy from AmaWaterways

New Final Payment Policy

APPLICABLE FOR NEW AND EXISTING 2020 RESERVATIONS

We want to ensure you that we are doing everything we can to help our guests navigate through these unprecedented times, including allowing extra time for them to make the best decisions about their future travel plans.

Based on feedback received, full payment for all river cruises in Europe, Africa and Southeast Asia scheduled to depart by December 31, 2020 will not be due until 60 days before departure.

Terms & Conditions:

Final payment extension to 60 days before departure is only valid on FIT and Group reservations; applicable for all cruises in Europe, Africa and Southeast Asia scheduled to depart through December 31, 2020. Reservations previously paid in full are excluded. Cancellations received between 120 and 60 days before departure are subject to $400 per person (Europe/Asia)/$2,400 per person (Africa) cancellation fees; all other cancellation penalties per our Terms & Conditions would apply. This limited time offer with special provisions may be changed or withdrawn at any time; other restrictions may apply. CST#2065452-20.

For more information, contact your Travel Advisor or AmaWaterways at 1.800.626.0126.

1 hour ago, AF-1 said:

I am going to take the 115% future cruse credit

My situation was sort of similar [ocean cruise, no options from the cruise line, but something that we still want to do].  Despite their prior T&C terms offering money back, Ponant only allowed us a 120% FCC with a fairly short time limit.  Luckily, the same cruise that we had cancelled is offered again next year and the price increase is less than 20% so we were happy to rebook.  [Actually decided to use the overage to upgrade our cabin.  We will have to pay more at final payment, but with no cruising this year our Travel Budget is in the black!]  As long as you expect to be able to cruise next year, 115% FCC is a good deal.  [And in my 'age in place' scenario applied to cruising, river cruises are the category I think will stay possible the longest ...]

Host,  yes we plan to book same Rhine River cruise for about the same time as this year; which is early May.  With the 115% our travel agent is booking a suite for us.  No perks on river cruise; just a larger room to have more space; which is fine.