Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

On 5/1/2020 at 6:36 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Wouldn't that be nice to visit her on Mother's Day.

We no longer have our parents with us but Mother's Day was always special as my Mother's Birthday was May 5 and I always combined both celebrations.

Iain still has a 95 year old Aunt that he talks to weekly in Scotland.   She's still a very social lady and going nuts stuck at home and not meeting her pals for their daily coffee clutch.

On 5/1/2020 at 2:40 AM, Von & John said:

We miss traveling in general & cruising as well.

At this point, we'd love to just be able to fly to the Lower 48 to visit Johnny's Mom - she's the only parental figure we have left!

If we can do that one trip this year - we'll be happy!!!

I live in a different province in Canada from my parents.  They’ve really restricted travel up here and I was supposed to be in Montreal on Mother’s Day weekend.  That plan was cancelled when my train was cancelled.   My poor Dad is going nuts as well not being able to socialize with his friends.  He also looks after my mum who is in the early days of dementia.   I just want to get away somewhere!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, remarcm said:

Not sure I understand the name of the coffee shop🤔???

OK, looked again...Clocktower.

I agree it is kinda weird.   The shopping center that it is built in has an architectural clock tower that can't be seen in the picture.  

I was chuckling when I read at it as my other coffee shop is called Red Rock Cafe and there is no Red Rocks around either.   Have no idea where that name came from. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bunnyette said:

I live in a different province in Canada from my parents.  They’ve really restricted travel up here and I was supposed to be in Montreal on Mother’s Day weekend.  That plan was cancelled when my train was cancelled.   My poor Dad is going nuts as well not being able to socialize with his friends.  He also looks after my mum who is in the early days of dementia.   I just want to get away somewhere!

I'm sorry to hear you may miss your visit with your Mother. 

I think the stay at home orders are starting tor really wear on people all over the world.   Hopefully in the near future they will ease some of the restrictions.   Santa Clara County has a really good Covid Virus Dashboard and reports statistics daily.   While our county was one of the first reported cases of Covid and the first to start the lock down.   While our rate of infection is one of the highest in California the hospitalization rate has dropped to 141 in a population of 1.91 Million  and new cases reported today are down to 23.    

Tomorrow they are beginning phase 1 of relaxing restrictions and Golf Courses, Construction, Real Estate and some day care  facilities will be opened with restrictions.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I agree it is kinda weird.   The shopping center that it is built in has an architectural clock tower that can't be seen in the picture.  

I was chuckling when I read at it as my other coffee shop is called Red Rock Cafe and there is no Red Rocks around either.   Have no idea where that name came from. 

I Love how different areas & food/beverage establishments get their names...

Town Clock Inn (Pizza)

Where I grew up we have Town Clock Plaza on Main Street.

The Clock Tower was erected on top of a building on Main Street in 1873

The Town Clock was move to the Plaza in 1971...

The Clock is 147 Years Old...

Town Clock Inn opened in 1969 on Main Street

Just around the corner from Town Clock Inn (Pizza) is Shot Tower Inn (Pizza)...

Dubuque is home to one of the last remaining shot towers in the US.

The tower was built in 1856 to create lead shot & is on the National Historic Register.

The actual Shot Tower is a couple of blocks away, on the Mississippi River Front.

Edited by Von & John

We wish we could visit Johnny's Mom on Mother's Day...

However, due to the current travel restrictions & quarantine's, that would not be possible for a while...
That will be our first trip - when allowed 🙂

6 hours ago, bunnyette said:

On 5/1/2020 at 2:36 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Wouldn't that be nice to visit her on Mother's Day.

We no longer have our parents with us but Mother's Day was always special as my Mother's Birthday was May 5 and I always combined both celebrations.

Iain still has a 95 year old Aunt that he talks to weekly in Scotland.   She's still a very social lady and going nuts stuck at home and not meeting her pals for their daily coffee clutch.

On 4/30/2020 at 10:40 PM, Von & John said:

We miss traveling in general & cruising as well.

At this point, we'd love to just be able to fly to the Lower 48 to visit Johnny's Mom - she's the only parental figure we have left!

If we can do that one trip this year - we'll be happy!!!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Von & John said:

I Love how different areas & food/beverage establishments get their names...

Town Clock Inn (Pizza)

Where I grew up we have Town Clock Plaza on Main Street.

The Clock Tower was erected on top of a building on Main Street in 1873

The Town Clock was move to the Plaza in 1971...

The Clock is 147 Years Old...

Town Clock Inn opened in 1969 on Main Street

Just around the corner from Town Clock Inn (Pizza) is Shot Tower Inn (Pizza)...

Dubuque is home to one of the last remaining shot towers in the US.

The tower was built in 1856 to create lead shot & is on the National Historic Register.

The actual Shot Tower is a couple of blocks away, on the Mississippi River Front.

Interesting to hear.   I found it interesting to read of the Lead Shot Tower.  

Our history in Silicon Valley is a bit sparse.   Up until the 70's Silicon Valley was almost exclusively Orchards - Cherries, Apricots, Oranges and Nuts the mainstay.   All the towns you hear of were merely train stops between San Jose and San Francisco.

Just down the street is a symbol of our Past.  While the current tower is a replacement of the original it is a memorial to what was once the largest cannery in the World.   Now it is business park with the main tennant now being Walmart Web Services for - Walmart, Sam's Club etc. 

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzL2Mz

W1siZiIsInVwbG9hZHMvcGxhY2VfaW1hZ2VzLzlj

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Von & John said:

We wish we could visit Johnny's Mom on Mother's Day...

However, due to the current travel restrictions & quarantine's, that would not be possible for a while...
That will be our first trip - when allowed 🙂

Cherish them.   This time of year always bring up fond and loving memories of my Mother and Grandmother.  

• Like 4

On 4/28/2020 at 6:01 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks ---   The next one was suppose to be a B2B2B2B Southeast Asia - Australia and New Zealand starting in November.   We aren't feeling too confident but like the rest of the community just waiting to see what happens.   This one was booked over 2 years ago so will be sad to have it cancelled.

While I hope travel restrictions are lifted by then, they need to be lifted in every country.   I hope you get to go on your cruise, both of you definitely deserve it especially after landing in Fort Lauderdale only to find that cruise cancelled.  You might be able to get your B2B2B2B rescheduled.

• Like 1

We are cautiously optimistic but are mentally ready if it should be cancelled.   It will be interesting to watch Carnival after their announcement to resume sailing on a limited basis on August 1.

• Like 2