Jim_Iain – East meets West Equinox Caribbean – B2B2B -March 14 to April 4

Jim_Iain

5 minutes ago, silkismom said:

So envious!!  All this stress lately, I'd love to find a quiet beach (with good drinks) and no wifi or TV.

I'll settle for sitting on my balcony with a nice balmy breeze and a nice Cappuccino.    

Good news today -   @bedenbl from our roll call put together a private boat charter for Tortola.   We lost a couple people but more have signed up.   Should be a fun full day of exploring.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just received a new message from Celebrity -

Image did not load.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.  Before you embark on this exciting journey, we would like to provide some important information regarding your travel plans.

As we monitor global developments related to the coronavirus, our priority remains the health and safety of our guests and crew, as well as providing you an amazing vacation experience.  To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO, public health authorities around the world, and the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), we are enhancing our temporary travel restrictions, as well as global boarding and screening measures, to protect our guests and crew.  These safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days and will be reviewed daily. 

Today, it is apparent that COVID-19 presents the most serious health risks to older individuals, the immunocompromised, and those with serious, underlying medical conditions.  Therefore, effective Monday, March 16th, boarding will be denied to any person age 70 or older, at the time of embarkation, unless the guest provides written verification from a qualified treating physician that certifies the person has no severe, chronic medical condition and is fit to travel.  You may utilize the fit to travel letter on the Travel Advisory page of our website for presentation to your physician.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Boarding will be denied to any person with a severe, chronic medical condition, including those specified by the CDC. Guests of all ages will be screened prior to boarding, regarding underlying health issues that may prevent them from sailing.

Additionally, mandatory, temperature screenings using digital, non-touch scanners will be conducted with guests, crewmembers, and visitors on embarkation day prior to boarding any vessel. If temperature registers about 100.4°F (38°C), the person and his/her travel companions will be referred to a secondary health screening. Secondary health screenings will be performed by medical professionals who will check for flu-like symptoms and pulse oximetry readings. 

Until further notice for all Caribbean voyages, any person, regardless of nationality, who has travelled from, visited or transited via airports through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe (not including the United Kingdom,) Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea or Taiwan, 21 days prior to embarkation, will be unable to board our ships. This includes coming in to contact with people who have travelled from, visited or transited via airports through these same countries. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.  A full list of restricted European countries may be found at the following link https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/80/schengen-area-countries/

As a result, it is imperative that you review your air travel itinerary closely to ensure you do not transit through any gateway in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, or Taiwan.  Guests who have air travel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be re-accommodated on alternate routes and receive new flight information automatically. Guests with independent air travel arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required adjustments and changes to their air travel.

Boarding will also be denied for any person who within 21 days prior to embarkation, has had contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19.

We have also increased secondary health screening requirements. The following guests will need to undergo extra screenings at the cruise terminal: 

• Any person who reports feeling unwell or displays flu-like symptoms. 
  • Any person who has traveled to, from, or through Thailand in the 21 days prior to embarkation 

• Any person who is uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled in the 21 days prior to embarkation to, from, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, or Thailand.

In some cases, guests presenting certain symptoms in the specialized health screenings may be denied boarding.  All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additional restrictions may be imposed based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.

We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help passengers and crew members who feel unwell while sailing. Our protocols include:

• Professional medical treatment
  • Isolation of unwell individuals from the general ship population

• Intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures

We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed.

Finally, you can contribute to a healthy onboard environment by taking a few simple steps that will help prevent colds, flus and stomach viruses – both onboard and on land. 

• Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds after using the restroom and before any meal or snack.
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue (or with your upper sleeve) if you happen to sneeze. Avoid sneezing or coughing into your hands or without covering your nose and mouth.

• Use hand sanitizer as often as possible. Rub the gel thoroughly, and in-between your fingers, until your hands are dry.

If you don’t feel well while onboard, it’s imperative that you visit our onboard medical facility immediately for a complimentary checkup. Our onboard doctors and nurses are always available and ready to assist.

If you or someone in your stateroom has traveled to, from, or through, mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, or Taiwan, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. You can also visit www.celebritycruises.com/contact-us for a complete list of global contact information.

We have elected to take these precautionary steps due to the recent increase in coronavirus cases around the world, to help avoid the spread of the virus and to ensure the continued safety of our guests and crew. While vacations are our passion, our primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and healthy environment onboard our ships, as well as in the ports we visit.  We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a truly incredible vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

The Form they are requesting -

image.thumb.png.515756d15a007c5cafe9cff00a86fd6a.png

• Thanks 1

I wish those hackers all kinds of evil returns on their handiwork.  Scum.  Sorry that had to intrude on the trip...but as you say, at least you were here to fix it.  Our info was stolen while on our last cruise and it’s a mess trying to get it all done on the ship and in different time zones.

On a somber note, almost every school system in Georgia, and the colleges are closing Monday for two weeks minimum.  It is over Spring break for some, so they are already out and are being asked to not return.

On the way home tonight I stopped in Publix to get milk.  First clue that something is up was the total lack of parking spaces.  Second clue was no carts available when I walked in and still none when I walked out.  This was the first phase of the panicked parents realizing their kids will be home for at least two weeks...these parents were ahead of the announcements in the news, I guess.  It was a ZOO.  

6 minutes ago, GeorgiaPeach51 said:

I wish those hackers all kinds of evil returns on their handiwork.  Scum.  Sorry that had to intrude on the trip...but as you say, at least you were here to fix it.  Our info was stolen while on our last cruise and it’s a mess trying to get it all done on the ship and in different time zones.

On a somber note, almost every school system in Georgia, and the colleges are closing Monday for two weeks minimum.  It is over Spring break for some, so they are already out and are being asked to not return.

On the way home tonight I stopped in Publix to get milk.  First clue that something is up was the total lack of parking spaces.  Second clue was no carts available when I walked in and still none when I walked out.  This was the first phase of the panicked parents realizing their kids will be home for at least two weeks...these parents were ahead of the announcements in the news, I guess.  It was a ZOO.  

Yikes..I feel for them.    Would be a real difficulty for dual working parents.

I was amazed today when I went for my walk.   Normally the rush hour traffic is in full swing at 9:30-10:00 but today it looked like a Sunday.   Parking lots at big companies like LinkedIn and Apple were virtually empty.   Guess most companies are allow folks to work from home.

1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

Just received a new message from Celebrity -

Image did not load.

Dear Guest,

We look forward to welcoming you aboard for your upcoming Celebrity Cruises vacation.  Before you embark on this exciting journey, we would like to provide some important information regarding your travel plans.

As we monitor global developments related to the coronavirus, our priority remains the health and safety of our guests and crew, as well as providing you an amazing vacation experience.  To comply with guidance from CDC, WHO, public health authorities around the world, and the Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA), we are enhancing our temporary travel restrictions, as well as global boarding and screening measures, to protect our guests and crew.  These safety precautions will remain in place for a projected period of 30 days and will be reviewed daily. 

Today, it is apparent that COVID-19 presents the most serious health risks to older individuals, the immunocompromised, and those with serious, underlying medical conditions.  Therefore, effective Monday, March 16th, boarding will be denied to any person age 70 or older, at the time of embarkation, unless the guest provides written verification from a qualified treating physician that certifies the person has no severe, chronic medical condition and is fit to travel.  You may utilize the fit to travel letter on the Travel Advisory page of our website for presentation to your physician.  https://www.celebritycruises.com/travel-alert

Boarding will be denied to any person with a severe, chronic medical condition, including those specified by the CDC. Guests of all ages will be screened prior to boarding, regarding underlying health issues that may prevent them from sailing.

Additionally, mandatory, temperature screenings using digital, non-touch scanners will be conducted with guests, crewmembers, and visitors on embarkation day prior to boarding any vessel. If temperature registers about 100.4°F (38°C), the person and his/her travel companions will be referred to a secondary health screening. Secondary health screenings will be performed by medical professionals who will check for flu-like symptoms and pulse oximetry readings. 

Until further notice for all Caribbean voyages, any person, regardless of nationality, who has travelled from, visited or transited via airports through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe (not including the United Kingdom,) Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea or Taiwan, 21 days prior to embarkation, will be unable to board our ships. This includes coming in to contact with people who have travelled from, visited or transited via airports through these same countries. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.  A full list of restricted European countries may be found at the following link https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/80/schengen-area-countries/

As a result, it is imperative that you review your air travel itinerary closely to ensure you do not transit through any gateway in mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, or Taiwan.  Guests who have air travel booked through Flights by Celebrity will be re-accommodated on alternate routes and receive new flight information automatically. Guests with independent air travel arrangements need to contact their air carriers directly to make all required adjustments and changes to their air travel.

Boarding will also be denied for any person who within 21 days prior to embarkation, has had contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19.

We have also increased secondary health screening requirements. The following guests will need to undergo extra screenings at the cruise terminal: 

• Any person who reports feeling unwell or displays flu-like symptoms. 
  • Any person who has traveled to, from, or through Thailand in the 21 days prior to embarkation 

• Any person who is uncertain about contact with individuals who have traveled in the 21 days prior to embarkation to, from, or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, or Thailand.

In some cases, guests presenting certain symptoms in the specialized health screenings may be denied boarding.  All guests who are denied boarding due to these restrictions will receive full refunds in the form of a Future Cruise Credit. Additional restrictions may be imposed based on local circumstances. For example, certain countries may deny visas or prohibit entry based on travel history or nationality.

We have rigorous medical protocols in place to help passengers and crew members who feel unwell while sailing. Our protocols include:

• Professional medical treatment
  • Isolation of unwell individuals from the general ship population

• Intensified ship cleaning, air filtration, and sanitization procedures

We are assessing developments constantly and will update these measures as needed.

Finally, you can contribute to a healthy onboard environment by taking a few simple steps that will help prevent colds, flus and stomach viruses – both onboard and on land. 

• Make sure to wash your hands thoroughly with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds after using the restroom and before any meal or snack.
  • Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue (or with your upper sleeve) if you happen to sneeze. Avoid sneezing or coughing into your hands or without covering your nose and mouth.

• Use hand sanitizer as often as possible. Rub the gel thoroughly, and in-between your fingers, until your hands are dry.

If you don’t feel well while onboard, it’s imperative that you visit our onboard medical facility immediately for a complimentary checkup. Our onboard doctors and nurses are always available and ready to assist.

If you or someone in your stateroom has traveled to, from, or through, mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, or Taiwan, please contact your Travel Advisor immediately or contact us at 1-844-418-6824 in North America or (316) 554-5961 worldwide. You can also visit www.celebritycruises.com/contact-us for a complete list of global contact information.

We have elected to take these precautionary steps due to the recent increase in coronavirus cases around the world, to help avoid the spread of the virus and to ensure the continued safety of our guests and crew. While vacations are our passion, our primary responsibility is to maintain a safe and healthy environment onboard our ships, as well as in the ports we visit.  We look forward to welcoming you aboard for a truly incredible vacation.

Sincerely,

Celebrity Cruises

The Form they are requesting -

image.thumb.png.515756d15a007c5cafe9cff00a86fd6a.png

Please tell me you have a Doctor’s note.  Following along and best of travel days ahead!!

Well, you have had quite the day, between the banking issues and now the letter from Celebrity.  I can’t believe they gave you one day to get the letter signed by the Dr.  it is a good thing you had the forsight to get a letter in advance.  I just hope they accept it.  Good luck and have a safe cruise.  Don’t forget the passports😄

1 hour ago, Eastern flygirl said:

Well, you have had quite the day, between the banking issues and now the letter from Celebrity.  I can’t believe they gave you one day to get the letter signed by the Dr.  it is a good thing you had the forsight to get a letter in advance.  I just hope they accept it.  Good luck and have a safe cruise.  Don’t forget the passports😄

Actually not one day.   The new requirement doesn't kick in until Monday March 16 so the first cruise won't have that requirement.    Since I'm on a B2B2B I will need it for the next two cruises.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

Just got the new itinerary for next week.

sat.  Fort Lauderdale 

sun. At sea

mon. San juan

tue. St. Croix

wed. St. Thomas 

thu. At sea

fri. Nassau

sat. Fort Lauderdale 

What? When did you get this? I haven’t seen it. Didn’t know they were changing our ports

34 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

sat.  Fort Lauderdale 

sun. At sea

mon. San juan

tue. St. Croix

wed. St. Thomas 

thu. At sea

fri. Nassau

sat. Fort Lauderdale 

There is no mention of a change in ports on the website nor did I receive any email. Can you share the email that you received? 

5 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

They gave it to us just now at the continuing cruisers info session.  They told us they were going only to the USVI  instead of Tortola.

Thank you! Assuming they will just transfer the St Thomas excursions to the following day? We have a car rented there so no I need to change it. Thank you for the info 

YAY! Another Jim and Ian Adventure.                                                                                 Greetings Jim and Ian, Safe Travels and much joy to the both of you. Enjoy every moment and if you have one to spare - think of us poor cc members eagerly waiting each day for your posts, hopefully picture filled. Jim your blogs truely are amazing, entertaining and something I am sure most of us look forward to with excitement. BTW all of the above sincerely meant. We are due to sail out of San Juan 2 May on the Summit and am praying that by then things have improved and settled - not just for us but people in general. Need some joy  -  just feeling a little blue with all the negatively and hysteria around. So here’s to you both (you truely seem to be a wonderful couple whom hopefully we get to meet on a future cruise some day) Safe travels and keep your reports flowing. Linda

Good morning from Sunnyvale!  Wishing you and Iain a wonderful trip in warm and sunny climes.  Will be following your posts.  We're expecting four days of (much needed) rain here, so I plan to remain self-quarantined and enjoy a book (or two).  Hoping our Seattle to Alaska trip at the end of April sails as scheduled.

Betsy  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Suzanne123 said:

They gave it to us just now at the continuing cruisers info session.  They told us they were going only to the USVI  instead of Tortola.

Thanks for posting.   I also haven't received any change notification.    Really a shame as we had a Roll-Call excursion setup for a private ship charter for 10.     Was really looking forward to that.

53 minutes ago, Lindagop said:

YAY! Another Jim and Ian Adventure.                                                                                 Greetings Jim and Ian, Safe Travels and much joy to the both of you. Enjoy every moment and if you have one to spare - think of us poor cc members eagerly waiting each day for your posts, hopefully picture filled. Jim your blogs truely are amazing, entertaining and something I am sure most of us look forward to with excitement. BTW all of the above sincerely meant. We are due to sail out of San Juan 2 May on the Summit and am praying that by then things have improved and settled - not just for us but people in general. Need some joy  -  just feeling a little blue with all the negatively and hysteria around. So here’s to you both (you truely seem to be a wonderful couple whom hopefully we get to meet on a future cruise some day) Safe travels and keep your reports flowing. Linda

We really appreciate your heart felt message.   At times we get a bit of anxiety of making the trip but getting more excited as we get closer and no cancellation notice in the e-mail box.

• Thanks 1

Getting to the Airport –

We are big fans of Uber / Lyft and usually don’t select which we use until the morning of travel.  Living in the middle of Silicon Valley means we have lots of cars available and it comes down to price. 

image.png.7fff9fa35e8d106ad04059745fe0a9a2.png

Here’s a Comparison of the Rates -  Lately Lyft has been a much better deal for us as Uber has shifted away for giving exact prices and only giving a price range (not good)

Uber

image.png.930e6f13547b86eb09c1328b7b6f90ae.png

Lyft Offering a 20% discount up to $4.00

image.png.4a1337659c8a3fab4400b17898b41d71.png

Friday, March 13 - Time to get this trip on the road. 

We aren’t in a rush today as our flight isn’t until 1:26 PM.  Rush hour will be complete so should not have any traffic delays.    We live about 25 miles South of SFO and 9 miles North of SJC so often fly out of one and back to the other.   This will be the case on this trip.  We will be returning to SJC after the cruise.    Our preferred airport is SJC as SFO can be problematic if there are low ceilings.   Their two main runways are too close for simultaneous use in IFR conditions and they have to cut landing by 50% which can cause many delays and cancellations while SJC is not affected by low clouds (marine layer).

I’m an early morning person and got up at 7:00 and showered and shaved.   Iain on the other hand probably won’t roll out of bed until 9 or 9:30.   The bags are packed and sitting by the front door as well as my reminder list posted at eye level on the front door.   This has become a routine for me after the time I showed up at the airport without my passport, a number of years ago.   That will NEVER happen again. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just got a notification that my Bid on the 3/21 cruise was accepted.... Unfortunately only a SS for that cruise.   For this one I only bid the Minimum amount on the SS.   Oh well....   We will see what happens on the 3rd cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Suzanne123 said:

sat.  Fort Lauderdale 

sun. At sea

mon. San juan

tue. St. Croix

wed. St. Thomas 

thu. At sea

fri. Nassau

sat. Fort Lauderdale 

The new Itinerary is showing on the App.   Some have reported seeing it on the main page of celebrity site but when I looked under changed itineraries I didn't find it.