Just Announced - No travel to the US from Europe, including UK)

ziggyuk

I wonder if there are any transatlantic ships that will be affected?  

I feel sorry for all the European travelers that had plans to come here.  It is a bold move but totally necessary.  We are already seeing the CVirus in my neighborhood.  

He did specifically say the EU in his announcement, not sure how that will affect other areas of europe that are not in the EU like Switzerland which is in the heart of Europe but not in the EU.

MSC will be one of the hardest hit for cruise lines operating here in the States since the majority of their passengers are Europeans. I wonder what happens to Europeans who are on cruises now like Seaside which returns on Saturday? This ban goes into effect on Friday. I assume no flights will be going out to Europe after that time since the planes would not be able to return. Will European tourists be trapped here? Or maybe they'll have to fly out via Canada or Mexico?

• Like 1

Just saw the news. MSC Carribean cruises are mostly European.  Fiancee and I booked a list minute cruise the other day on the Meravilgia for March 29 to Belize and Routan .. couldn't pass up the $299 Balcony deal.   If a large portion of guests can no longer make it to the USA to embark ... you think MSC will cancel the cruise or just sail with it 50% occupied ?? 

That announcement ended my plans to book the April 12th Meraviglia 21 day from Miami to Kiel.  I decided against a super deal on a YC interior at $2912 (two people total w/taxes) and play it safer with a good deal on a YC Deluxe for $6350 total.  Good flights with premium seats plus baggage back to the US were less than $350pp.  Almost booked it last night.

3 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

I feel sorry for all the European travelers that had plans to come here.  It is a bold move but totally necessary.  We are already seeing the CVirus in my neighborhood.  

Maybe it's a little late if you already have it in your neighborhood?

Yesterday we had three patients with Corona on our local hospital.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Preziosa said:

It s Very hard not to Go on a holiday booked a year ago. I am from Denmark and should have cruised from Miami the 5 th of April. Now 3 Americans Can have Our cabin on Meraviglia. I am so sorry.....

So what would happen if you were to fly to the uk first for a few days then fly out from london, would they still stop you entering the US this is the theory being discussed on our news here in the uk this morning.

Edited by niko40

1 hour ago, niko40 said:

So what would happen if you were to fly to the uk first for a few days then fly out from london, would they still stop you entering the US this is the theory being discussed on our news here in the uk this morning.

You would be fine if you spent 14 days in the UK before travel to the US.

4 hours ago, Preziosa said:

It s Very hard not to Go on a holiday booked a year ago. I am from Denmark and should have cruised from Miami the 5 th of April. Now 3 Americans Can have Our cabin on Meraviglia. I am so sorry.....

I am from Switzerland and I booked the cruise 7 months ago and now I have to cancel everything, it's such a shame...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sverigecruiser said:

Maybe it's a little late if you already have it in your neighborhood?

Yesterday we had three patients with Corona on our local hospital.  

We were notified by the City Govt. last night.  Intensive cleaning and quarantine are being enforced.  We feel safe.

9 hours ago, CGTNORMANDIE said:

Stable Door Mentality I am afraid, Countries should have done this on January 2nd but they allowed Thousands of people to continue to travel from China out to many Countries and now we are seeing the result! 

I doubt this will hold. Not long after his address, Trump was already clarifying that a) it doesn't affect the UK, b) it doesn't apply to cargo, c) it doesn't apply to foreign citizens living in the US, and I'd anticipate more clarifications going forward. This morning, the news media is already reporting EU officials are angry about the decision, which means there will be pushback and I suspect the ban will soon be significantly weakened, if not done away with altogether.

16 minutes ago, sverigecruiser said:

Turkey is not a EU nation!

Trying to become one, but point taken.  Again, let the attempt at humor go. Let's move on

Edited by JAGR