Princess just cancelled sailings for 60 days.

jskinsd

8 minutes ago, tx121 said:

Imagine the prices of cruises after this is over? The cruise lines will need to make their money back somehow. 

The ones that survive, that is. This could bankrupt some lines, and the government is less likely to bail them out like they did the auto industry since the cruise lines pay very little federal income tax, and most of the workers are not US workers.

Princess' policy is at this link.

Just now, erin21497 said:

I hope NCL follows suit.  I just want my $$ back at this point.

Princess' policy is at this link. They aren't offering cash refunds, just future cruise credit and a bonus. There is a provision to email them (no phone calls) for consideration of a cash refund. I suspect if NCL does this same type of policy they will have the same type of conditions.

I suspect you could insist as they are not delivering the product you paid for, and you didn't initiate the cancellation.

• Like 1

They are offering cash refunds.

If the future cruise credit option does not work for some guests, they will be able to complete an electronic form on Princess.com to request a cash refund. Princess asks guests not to call the Reservation Call Center due to the possibility of high call volumes and the potential of long on-hold wait times due to this unprecedented action. Guests and their travel advisors will be sent communications on how to manage cancellations and desired compensation.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Laszlo said:

I stand corrected!

You may agree that in the cruise line market, Viking Cruises are a class act ! They are nimble and they think on their feet.

Edited by Cahpek
  • Like 3

Well....since CCL owns Princess, and they haven’t cancelled any Carnival cruises, then I don’t think all the cruise lines will follow suit.  I think financially, given all the bad news with Princess recently, their cruises were probably not sailing with enough passengers to be profitable.  Cancel them and claim the insurance money because of COVID.

My guess is the same it true for Viking.  They probably don’t have enough passengers, either.

This isn’t because a company is being benevolent.  It’s about dollars and cents.

59 minutes ago, tx121 said:

Imagine the prices of cruises after this is over? The cruise lines will need to make their money back somehow. 

I have two Haven cabins booked for August totaling about $15K.

I am thinking of just putting down a deposit for the next cruise if August isn't a go and then applying the

FCC if we have to cancel so to lock in a price? I can always cancel before final payment.

Final payment for my August cruise is April 11. gggrrrr

We are due to sail towards the end of April, but we are holding out and hoping they cancel so we can just get our money back. We did not pay several thousand dollars to go on a ship that has all of the activities shut down, a port that we possibly may not be able to stop at, or the possibility of being quarantined for up to 2 weeks.  That is certainly not what we paid for when we booked this back in the fall.

• Like 2

I might just be trying to hold on to something positive for our NCL cruise - but Princess took the biggest hit in the news since it was their ships that got quarantined.  Princess, specifically, was plastered all over the news for weeks now.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

I might just be trying to hold on to something positive for our NCL cruise - but Princess took the biggest hit in the news since it was their ships that got quarantined.  Princess, specifically, was plastered all over the news for weeks now.

Exactly.  Carnival (Princess' owner) hasn't cancelled any cruises....neither has Royal.

Not sure why this is posted in the NCL forums.  Shouldn't it be posted in the Princess threads?

16 minutes ago, susanf31 said:

Perhaps—but what about Viking?