Nationwide cruise luxury plan

I just got off the phone with an agent from insure my trip. I called to find out if my plan had an exclusion for pandemic. she couldn't find that exact word in my policy but said that she was told that COVID-19 was not covered under plans. I bought my plan June 2019.

I am going to call Nationwide directly to find out if she is correct.

She did say my policy could be applied to a new Cruise if I sailed in the next nine months. 

Let us know what you find out. I thought the restrictions applied to policies after coronavirus became a known event.

May not matter depending on when you cruise. Princess just shut down operations for the next 60 days. Others may follow.  At least you can apply it to another cruise if the situation improves by then.

I just got off the phone with a NW agent. My policy does Not have a pandemic exclusion so I will be covered if I get sick because of the virus. My policy also has a quarantine benefit. But the medical is low 150,000 but it does have a million for evacuation.I am healthy in my 40's. 

if a policy has a pandemic exclusion I don't think it matters when you buy it. 

Good to know. Thanks.

Seems to me that $150,000 is a pretty good limit for medical - way more than most policies I’ve see. Is it primary or secondary?

I should have said restrictions were applied to policies bought after the virus became a known event, around January 22. A lot of policies don’t specifically mention epidemics/pandemics but did impose limits once the risk was identified. Obviously, policies written from the outset with an exclusion would not cover it.

Edited by Babr

I would expect it to, but I can’t say for sure since I don’t know what kind of insurance you have. The news reported yesterday that insurance companies have agreed to waive co-pays, deductibles, associated costs for coronavirus testing and treatment.

Anyway, you should be good. That is one less worry. Try to enjoy your trip and stay well!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Babr said:

I would expect it to, but I can’t say for sure since I don’t know what kind of insurance you have. The news reported yesterday that insurance companies have agreed to waive co-pays, deductibles, associated costs for coronavirus testing and treatment.

Anyway, you should be good. That is one less worry. Try to enjoy your trip and stay well!

Thank you. I'm hoping it all goes well

15 hours ago, cruisingnewtoit said:

I just got off the phone with a NW agent. My policy does Not have a pandemic exclusion so I will be covered if I get sick because of the virus. My policy also has a quarantine benefit. But the medical is low 150,000 but it does have a million for evacuation.I am healthy in my 40's. 

if a policy has a pandemic exclusion I don't think it matters when you buy it. 

Really, $1 Million?

Wow

gary

I’ve seen that before. It is my understanding from reading these boards that insurance companies can offer a million dollars because they know it won’t cost that much. Some here have reported medical flights in the range of $25,000. Most often the patient is returned by  commercial air after recovering sufficiently.  A big number is a selling point without much risk. The significant one is the $150,000 medical.

Exotic trips often require passengers to have insurance with high limits. In those cases, I can see how they might be needed.

• Thanks 1