Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
JUST TRIPPIN'

Perfect Grenada Tour

I like to plan my own tours when on a cruise. Having never been to Grenada, we all wanted to see the island, known as the Spice Island, before heading to Grand Anse Beach. I do a lot of research and Allan Medfords name kept appearing.

I tend to use Cruise Critic before cruising. On the roll call, I mentioned that I had booked a private tour with Allan ( Allo Taxi and Tours ). Our group of 8 needed a few more people to fill the van, so I asked if anyone would like to join us. We ended up with 24 total and needed 2 vans.

My groups van were fortunate to have Allan as our tour guide. I had proposed a simple tour lasting from 9-2pm. Allan suggested we let him show us a few other places to get a better feel for his home island. We finished at 4pm. It was perfect. We saw such beautiful parts of the island and learned in depth, the history of Grenada. Allan was so proud and knowledgeable and his passion showed through.

We experienced Concord Falls, a spice factory, a chocolate factory, drove through the rain forest, took so many pictures and then were off to a perfect beach to relax and we did all this for half of what other companies were asking. We could not possibly have asked for more. It was better than expected.

Please do not hesitate to contact Allan. He communicates very quickly and is willing to put any tour together you wish for. We can not thank him enough for that wonderful day. Everyone thanked me for putting this tour together but really Allan deserves all the credit. Until our paths cross again, we wish you nothing but the best.

Thank you for your review. I am looking for a good tour operator. I was to Grenada 25 years ago and remember going to a spice market and how beautiful and green it was. My dh has never been.