Perfect Grenada Tour

JUST TRIPPIN'

I like to plan my own tours when on a cruise. Having never been to Grenada, we all wanted to see the island, known as the Spice Island, before heading to Grand Anse Beach. I do a lot of research and Allan Medfords name kept appearing.

I tend to use Cruise Critic before cruising. On the roll call, I mentioned that I had booked a private tour with Allan ( Allo Taxi and Tours ). Our group of 8 needed a few more people to fill the van, so I asked if anyone would like to join us. We ended up with 24 total and needed 2 vans.

My groups van were fortunate to have Allan as our tour guide. I had proposed a simple tour lasting from 9-2pm. Allan suggested we let him show us a few other places to get a better feel for his home island. We finished at 4pm. It was perfect. We saw such beautiful parts of the island and learned in depth, the history of Grenada. Allan was so proud and knowledgeable and his passion showed through.

We experienced Concord Falls, a spice factory, a chocolate factory, drove through the rain forest, took so many pictures and then were off to a perfect beach to relax and we did all this for half of what other companies were asking. We could not possibly have asked for more. It was better than expected.

Please do not hesitate to contact Allan. He communicates very quickly and is willing to put any tour together you wish for. We can not thank him enough for that wonderful day. Everyone thanked me for putting this tour together but really Allan deserves all the credit. Until our paths cross again, we wish you nothing but the best.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Does anyone know if  Allan is still in business?  I booked a tour with him on June 9th and between the 9th and 11th we exchanged 7 emails, then nothing.  His website shut down and no email response.  curious?

• 2 months later...
On 3/12/2020 at 6:46 AM, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

I like to plan my own tours when on a cruise. Having never been to Grenada, we all wanted to see the island, known as the Spice Island, before heading to Grand Anse Beach. I do a lot of research and Allan Medfords name kept appearing.

I tend to use Cruise Critic before cruising. On the roll call, I mentioned that I had booked a private tour with Allan ( Allo Taxi and Tours ). Our group of 8 needed a few more people to fill the van, so I asked if anyone would like to join us. We ended up with 24 total and needed 2 vans.

My groups van were fortunate to have Allan as our tour guide. I had proposed a simple tour lasting from 9-2pm. Allan suggested we let him show us a few other places to get a better feel for his home island. We finished at 4pm. It was perfect. We saw such beautiful parts of the island and learned in depth, the history of Grenada. Allan was so proud and knowledgeable and his passion showed through.

We experienced Concord Falls, a spice factory, a chocolate factory, drove through the rain forest, took so many pictures and then were off to a perfect beach to relax and we did all this for half of what other companies were asking. We could not possibly have asked for more. It was better than expected.

Please do not hesitate to contact Allan. He communicates very quickly and is willing to put any tour together you wish for. We can not thank him enough for that wonderful day. Everyone thanked me for putting this tour together but really Allan deserves all the credit. Until our paths cross again, we wish you nothing but the best.

Do you have a contact for Allan?

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 9/11/2022 at 10:27 AM, scrapcreator said:

We have booked him for October 21st off of the Summit. He has been very responsive. I will be sure to share our experience since there aren’t a lot of current tour reviews for Grenada.

We're looking for something in Grenada for March, so I'll keep an eye out for your review of this tour!!

• 5 weeks later...

Well that was a bust - I emailed him twice with our request for a tour and he took about two weeks to reply. By that time I had contacted another tour company, highly recommended on TripAdvisor, gave them our requirements, they confirmed and so we booked with "pay on the day". Too slow to respond.

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2022 at 6:08 PM, Tipsy252 said:

Well that was a bust - I emailed him twice with our request for a tour and he took about two weeks to reply. By that time I had contacted another tour company, highly recommended on TripAdvisor, gave them our requirements, they confirmed and so we booked with "pay on the day". Too slow to respond.

Who did you eventually use and what was the tour like?

Hi villauk

I eventually booked with Aceventura Tours and had good communication with them. They were on time and took us to the waterfalls, Rum tasting and all around the places of interest. There was an opportunity for a beach but we declined.

Only issue was we and another couple planned to pay by credit card and the driver 'didn't have the machine', so we had to pay in East Caribbean Dollars, by withdrawing money from the bank near the port. If you do this check the exchange rates before you pay as sometimes the rates quoted are slightly higher, or plan ahead and take some ECD with you. Good tour though, we enjoyed.