March 12, 2020 weigh-in

winewanderer

Hello,

Hope everyone is well. Didn't see the weekly thread so thought I would start it.

Bad news....we cancelled our 44 day cruise to South America. I was too worried about ports being closed, getting very sick in a third world (more my older hubby than me) or getting quarantined somewhere.

On a good note I lost 1 lb. Have lost 8 lbs. since Dec. 

Wishing everyone well, Diana

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

HI all!

Diana ~ thanks for starting the thread. Oh sorry to hear you cancelled your cruise but can see why. Such upsetting news all around!!

Well I'm being bad & eating whatever I want so have gained 0.2 lbs again! If this continues I'll be 10 pounds heavier in a year!! I got to get my rear in gear!

I wonder where Belle is.😔

Hope others have had better outcomes.

~ Jo ~ 😊

Congrats on your loss Diana and thanks for starting the thread today! Sorry to hear about your cruise but I will be in the same boat. 😞 Looks like I have no choice but to cancel our cruise for April 25th - the Canadian government has a travel advisory against cruise travel so if I go, I have no travel insurance. Plus I see Princess just cancelled all cruises globally until May 11th, and Viking has cancelled their cruises too. I feel like the rest of the cruiselines might be following suit.

Sorry to hear about your gain Jo! 

I'm up 1.8 - been stress eating and not working out the last week. I'm a TA so I've been going crazy with refunds and changes. 

Hey all! Diana and Robin, I'm sorry to hear about your trips. Diana good job on the loss. Robin, I can't even imagine what work is like for you right now 😞 Jo, Hang in there.

I am down a pound. Which puts me at 1 pound down for the past three months. Geez my weight charts are nuts. The size 28 jeans went on easy last night!!! I could have gotten a 27 🙂

image1.jpeg.5f446a789f314d7303fddf11c3329ff4.jpeg

image0.jpeg.95509b5143d21dca19dd585c1a78f9de.jpeg

• Like 1

Diana, thank you for starting us out and congrats on your loss.  I'm so sorry about your trip 😞 

Jo, I'm also concerned about Belle.  Your gain wasn't much this week, but you are right that the little gains can creep up as much as the little losses can help us win over time.

Robin, sorry you had to cancel too.  I don't blame you for stress eating!

Jenny, yay for the jeans fitting 😄 

I finally broke through my plateau - unfortunately in the wrong direction with a 2# gain 😮 😡I thought I was doing the right things too 😞 I see the doctor tomorrow for a throat issue I've been having and maybe that will explain some of the difficulty in losing.

Everyone seems to have had an interesting week.

Diana & Robin .... so sorry about your cruise cancelation.  

Diana & Jenny congrats on the weight loss.  (Jenny ... so nice when jeans are loose!!!)

Jo & Robin, & Pacruise - sorry about the gain.

I ended up staying the same (been the same for the last 3 weigh-ins).

Hope everyone has a wonderful week.  Hope Belle is ok.    Jan

• Like 1

Diana, I am with you.   We had to cancel our April cruise.  I have diabetes and my doctor said no way could I go.   We have a B2B scheduled for July and he said he thought that one would be fine.   We will wait and see.   Congrats on the weight loss. 

Jenny, congrats to you too.   Love when the jeans just glide on!

pacruise, Robin and Jo, sorry about the gain.

Jo, good on the stay the same.  

I am still up since the holidays.   I have 1.2 lbs to lose to get back to my goal weight.  

I hope that Belle is ok.

• Like 1

I will have a scope next week for my throat but doctor doesn't think it is serious.  Weight was higher at the appointment than at home yesterday, but a reasonable amount when adjusting for scale differences, clothes, and having eaten.

Trying to continue making healthy choices and not give in to frustrations.

Sorry to hear of some gains. 

As it turns out our cruise was cancelled anyway. 

Nice to see Rose pop in (nyer). 

It's such a bummer what the world is going through right now. I just hope we can all stay healthy. 

Diana

So, how is everyone? I hope safe, healthy. 

"What a mess" my 93 year old mother would say.

Food story...……...my husband has issues with memory loss. When we go grocery shopping he will put a lot of something, lets say 10 cans of soup, in the cart (it's a double whammy because he doesn't just put 2 cans in the cart because he thinks we have none at home but puts a crazy big amount).

I remind him we have already have 10 cans of soup. Sometimes I can put the stuff back but sometimes it ends up back in the cart.

I always joke with him that when the zombie apocalypse happens, we have enough food for probably 3 months. Gee, thanks hubby. We're prepared without even trying...….

Will do what PAcruise suggested a few weeks ago, "shop" from our pantry. 

So, where we live we have a recommendation to stay home as much as possible but other counties in CA are ordered to shelter in place. For the time being we are going to stay home, avoid restaurants, etc.

Would like to know how everyone is doing.....

Take care, Diana

Diana, we are staying home as much as possible too.   My DH still has to go to work but I am hoping that his company decides to let people work from home for a while.  He has some memory issues also due to a stroke he had 1 1/12 years ago.  I don't let him shop with me anymore because he impulse shops all kinds of junk food.  LOL

It is very hard to find any kind of food here in New York.  People are hoarding as if we will never get another grocery delivery.  Our local grocery store is going to open early just for seniors, so I am going to try to do that.  We have food in our pantry so I am not panicked.  I feel bad for those people with small children who cant find milk or bread.   But, the people who buy cases of toilet paper really annoy me.   Are you going to the bathroom more than usual?  There was always enough in the past, stop hoarding enough TP for an army!

I hope that everyone stays safe and well.  I wish we knew if Belle is okay.

Rose

Hi all!

Rose ~ I'd like to hear from Belle too. I wonder where she is.

Up here our premier of the province of Ontario has declared a state of emergency.

Everything social is cancelled. No movies, library, gym or even some Churches. Ours is only small so we still had a service on Sunday. You pretty much have to stay at home except to grocery shop I guess.

What havoc this virus has caused, especially for travel!!

Hope all are well.

~ Jo ~ 😊

I'm doing ok here.  Stores are out of tp (like everywhere 🙄) and also low on some staples, but I found almost everything on my list today.  DH is working from home, DS is home (school on extended break for now, but might switch to on-line classes), DD is staying at her college but on-line classes and no visitors in the dorm.

My scope is scheduled for Thursday, so I'll be late to the new thread.  Our gym is closed, so I won't see my trainer or have walking group.  DS has a conditioning workout for track and I'll try to do that with him (no school, but they do want the kids to keep in shape).  I'll find videos too and hopefully not loose much strength - I have small weights at home (3# dumb bells and a small set of kettle bells), but was using 10# dumb bell or higher for all exercises.  Time to get creative 🙂 

Yesterday I got a bunch of yard work done including burning.  I'm trying to take advantage of the extra time at home.

Stay healthy everyone!

Hi Ladies, I thought I'd check in and see if Belle had surfaced. Odd that we haven't heard from her. Hoping she is well. 

Sounds like things where you all are is pretty much the same as here. I'm in BC Canada. And things are rapidly shutting down. Grocery store shelves are bare and they have started to implement an early hour for Senior's shopping as well. People are hoarding TP like crazy here too and we have a factory about 45 mins from where I live that makes TP. So it's not like we're going to run out. The factory is working 24/7 to keep up with demand.

Apparently our government liquor stores are closing up for at least two weeks as of midnight tonight. My daughter works in a shoe store at a mall and they just announced they are closed now until the end of the month. I have been working from a home office for about 3.5 years now so I'm used to it but I'm just going nuts with all the flight cancellations/stranded passengers and constantly changing bans and restrictions. I've been a T.A. since 1995 and never experienced anything like this. Not even 9/11 was this crazy. 

My husband is a commercial transport mechanic so he has to work as long as trucks are still making deliveries and need maintenance.  

I'm dreading weigh-in this week. I have been continually stress eating - soooo need to stop!. I have some hand weights and have been trying to do my workouts but have been so swamped and/or mentally exhausted, I haven't been keeping up. If anyone is looking for fun, free workouts I recommend checking out Sydney Cummings on Youtube. She's cute and cheerful and her workouts are pretty good for any age/level.

wishing you all health! Stay safe.

Robin

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I too I am surprised we haven't heard from Belle but am still thinking she was on the Grand Princess so maybe she is still in quarantine. I hope she is not sick.

Our gym closed last night. I have an exercise bike in our house so will ride that and have assorted hand weights so will use those too. No inside restaurant dining, takeout or delivery only. 

People hoarding here too. No TP anywhere and limiting purchases (of most things) fortunately I've always kept a good supply of TP. I am rationing it though but probably have enough for 4 months if we're careful with it. 

I am also well stocked (not from panic buying) with cleaners/disinfectants, soap, etc. My hubby has chronic sinusitis so I am constantly cleaning and washing my hands (and make hubby wash his a lot too). I actually buy huge jugs of antibacterial soap.

When he gets sick he gets really sick and so I am always cleaning so I don't get it. I've managed to avoid his past several illnesses. 

We're going to the grocery store today to get just a few things. Almost out of bread. We shall see what there is.  

Robin, so sorry what you're going through. Awful time for the travel business. 

Stay healthy, Diana

I got word today that we need to get DD by the end of the month.  I have an endoscopy scheduled for tomorrow and our hospital just announced 3 presumptive positives so I don't know if that will affect us or not.  My son volunteers at our church's food pantry and we are still able to serve the community, but with much more restrictions.  I will have to find out if he can still serve at distribution Saturday if I am at the hospital.

We are trying to socially isolate as much as possible, but also recognize we are healthy and low risk so trying to help where we can without being a risk to others.

{{{Robin}}} - my heart goes out to all those in industries that are struggling extra through this.