Virgin Voyages Postponing Launch until July

NameThatFunnel

26 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

It appears that Virgin has stopped selling Richard's Birthday voyage as of yesterday or today.  Haven't heard anything from them yet on it being cancelled, but will post when I hear something (we are booked and paid in full on this trip).

Looks like they’ve stopped selling completely to me - 0 voyages coming up when I hit the ‘book’ button...

27 minutes ago, drewdawg199 said:

probably a glitch.  I'm still seeing voyages from Aug. 7th for sale.

ah okay.

21 minutes ago, ownedbypets said:

Call. I just talked to them.

No need, I’m currently booked for the Birthday Bash already, was just interested to hear it’d vanished and thought I’d have a nosey...

We are booked on Birthday Bash and the August 7 Inaugural.  It's funny how much the world has changed since the April 1 inaugural was pushed back to August 7.  We took the special offer and used the FCC to pay for Richard's Birthday Bash.  It really didn't occur to me that we would not be able to cruise again by July 15--which is my birthday, so it was going to my birthday bash too!  Of course, as time as gone on, I have gotten more and more pessimistic about the chances of either of these cruises going forward ☹️

I asked the question on chat just now...

Me: One final question, the Birthday Bash no longer appears to be on sale on the website. Has it sold out, or are you pausing taking any new reservations at the moment due to the current environment?

Sailor Services Crew: As we continue to closely monitor the news and CDC advisories, we are reviewing new guidelines for the cruise industry and will update our Sailors and First Mates this week if there is an impact to any of our sailings. 

With that, we have put a hold on selling any cabins on Richard's Birthday Bash until we can finish that review.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

Will all of Richard's key business in deep trouble, you all may be one of the few, to actually go on a Virgin Voyage!  If the line is still in business in Jan 2021, it a stroke of luck.

You keep posting this in every thread but you do realize virgin group isn't even the majority owner of VV right? 

• Like 1

I just want to warn people, Richard Branson is out of money, and has few political friends.  His Australian Airline, could not even get one of its largest shareholders, Singapore Airlines, to bail them out.  Trouble also with Virgin Atlantic, much the same thing.  So if you think the cruise line has magical friends, that will save the day, well best of luck to you.

Edited by gkbiiii

5 hours ago, gkbiiii said:

I just want to warn people, Richard Branson is out of money, and has few political friends.  His Australian Airline, could not even get one of its largest shareholders, Singapore Airlines, to bail them out.  Trouble also with Virgin Atlantic, much the same thing.  So if you think the cruise line has magical friends, that will save the day, well best of luck to you.

Are the majority owners of the line really "magical friends"? 

• Like 1

If it is possible to book a cruise deal with them, this year, I would like to go on it.  All I am saying is, booking far in advance is a risk (based on their horrible terms and financial stability), but if a cruise comes up and the line is running, book it.

On 4/20/2020 at 2:23 PM, stitchcreek said:

I asked the question on chat just now...

Me: One final question, the Birthday Bash no longer appears to be on sale on the website. Has it sold out, or are you pausing taking any new reservations at the moment due to the current environment?

Sailor Services Crew: As we continue to closely monitor the news and CDC advisories, we are reviewing new guidelines for the cruise industry and will update our Sailors and First Mates this week if there is an impact to any of our sailings. 

With that, we have put a hold on selling any cabins on Richard's Birthday Bash until we can finish that review.

I asked on chat yesterday if there was any news, and was told the situation is being monitored and sailors will be informed if anything changes.

I have noticed that Carnival etc are selling cruises from the end of June / beginning of July, a friend just booked for July 16th as the rates are so good!

On 4/25/2020 at 2:37 PM, britincanada said:

I have noticed that Carnival etc are selling cruises from the end of June / beginning of July, a friend just booked for July 16th as the rates are so good!

All of those are within the final payment window and won't sail - lines have been lowering prices on those so they can hang on to full payments for a couple of months.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After a recent call from VV this morning, I've been informed they are extending the final payment date from 120 days to 60 days in advance of the sail date.  My sail date was Sept.  I won't be sailing due to international travel ban in Australia until the end of 2020.  I'm of the belief that cruising will be the LAST form of transport to be allowed to sail.  Just look at the Princess cruises debacle, where 80 infected people were let off the ship in Sydney which subsequently contributed to 50% of the COVID-19 cases in Australia!.

I say good luck to anyone booking any cruise until a vaccine is discovered, or a treatment is found.  Hold onto your money until it is safe to travel.  Stay safe.