Princess cancelled my cruise (and many others)

ghstudio

In reading my travel safe policy, I don't see this situation covered....and knowing a little about insurance, if it isn't specifically mentioned, then it's not covered.  My question, though, is that I paid over $1000 for the travel safe policy......do I have any path to get that $1000+ back? 

How are other insurance companies handling the Princess 60 day cancellation of all cruises?

Others who purchased from various companies have said that they would be allowed to apply their policy to another cruise. I’m not sure that a cash refund is possible beyond the examination period after purchase even though you have not made a claim. 

As you point out, these are unusual times so perhaps insurance companies will respond in unexpected ways. Please let us know what you find out.

• Like 1

I am pretty sure that Princess will be cancelling our Alaska May B2B cruise since we can't sail in or out of Vancouver (where the cruise originates from). 

My question is this:  On another post I was advised to be careful with taking Princess future cruise credit for my present cruise.  It seems that those funds, when applied to a new cruise, would not be covered under insurance.  I later clarified that this practice pertained to Princess.  Was wondering if it also pertains to other insurance companies; we have Travel Guard.

Has anyone here ever had Princess cancel their cruise, give them FCC, apply that towards their next cruise and have an insurance company, other than Princess, completely cover that transaction?

3 hours ago, Italy52 said:

I am pretty sure that Princess will be cancelling our Alaska May B2B cruise since we can't sail in or out of Vancouver (where the cruise originates from). 

My question is this:  On another post I was advised to be careful with taking Princess future cruise credit for my present cruise.  It seems that those funds, when applied to a new cruise, would not be covered under insurance.  I later clarified that this practice pertained to Princess.  Was wondering if it also pertains to other insurance companies; we have Travel Guard.

Has anyone here ever had Princess cancel their cruise, give them FCC, apply that towards their next cruise and have an insurance company, other than Princess, completely cover that transaction?

Future Cruise Credits are not insurable by any travel insurance company. They are treated like hotel points, frequent flier miles, etc. They have $0 cash value. It's treated internally like non-revenue travel.

I should preface the above statement by saying this was the way things were done pre-Covid-19 days.  Since insurance is regulated at the State level, some States may address this when things calm down and begin to get back to some sense of normalcy.

Edited by klfrodo