Silver Shadow

Lirio

We will have to await the official announcement then. We are starboard side so can see local activity on the dock. Thought the butler and steward may have been in isolation, but butler taken off his normal duties and laying out trays in the galley. Not sure where the steward went. Still awaiting laundry return from Thursday

There is no one I trust more than Capt Arma.  He’s weathered many storms & he will get us through this one.  Wouldn’t you think that if the Brazilian “authorities” could tell the 2nd patient/passenger about the test results of the 1st, they could tell our Capt?  Enjoy your lunch soda.  Soon they will ring the doorbell & run before we can open the door & retrieve the tray.  Good news is the Macon was found & fresh supply delivered.  I think it’s going to come in handy.  

56 minutes ago, hls22 said:

My sister is the second passenger who was taken off and she said that she's just been told the first passenger off has tested positive. No results for her yet...

Edited by Lirio

1 hour ago, hls22 said:

My sister is the second passenger who was taken off and she said that she's just been told the first passenger off has tested positive. No results for her yet...

Thank you hls22 for sharing your news with us.  I hope that your sister’s Covid-19 test is negative and she heals quickly from her pneumonia.  Please share our best wishes with her as I don’t know if she is a member of the Cruise Critic community.

Captain announced first guest taken off positive for the virus. Still stay in suite. Once a day we can get outside. Suite menu served three meals a day, plus 24 hr room service. Social distance , crew bringing meal leave outside door. Place remains of meal outside door. Temperature taken three times a day by medical dept or by others assigned. If feel unwell call medic or reception desk. Captain will keep keeping us aware of situation. All depts and Brazilian embassy informed and will get help in appropriate way. 

22 minutes ago, Stumblefoot said:

Thank you hls22 for sharing your news with us.  I hope that your sister’s Covid-19 test is negative and she heals quickly from her pneumonia.  Please share our best wishes with her as I don’t know if she is a member of the Cruise Critic community.

Thanks Stumblefoot. TBH this was the only way we were receiving any news about the situation as I couldn't get hold of my sister and SS haven't even informed me yet that she's ill (I'm her next of kin). She managed to get a message to a friend and we found out from there, but thank you all for posting live updates from the ship - you never know who is benefitting from them!

• Like 4

I am  a passenger on Silver  Shadow   docked in Recife  Brazil,   where we  have been stationary for  3  days, awaiting  the test result for Covid 19   on a  79 year old Canadian passenger, which today has  just come  back positive, so we  will be continuing  our lockdown in our cabins  indefinitely  while they decide on   the next action. The crew is doing  a great job and we are well fed. A second  passenger went off with  abdominal  pain the next  day  but  the reports  are confused. We have no results for  him yet. We  are wondering  how  long we  will be confined.

• Thanks 1

Apparently there are articles in the Daily Mail and in the Miami Herald about our predicament.  Ozzi Please I wouldn’t expect to be sprung out of the cell block until we are in Fort Lauderdale or wherever will have us, except for perhaps an hour a day of good behavior exercise as Moss explained They are trying to arrange. For now we’ll have to order from room service menus but maybe they will add variety as the days drag on ...and on.  Lord knows how long we will remain here overlooking black mold covered silos.  🥂

I  too  am  on the  bay side 426.  Last  night  I saw the  bottle  waving   bikini  girls and  before  they registered, imagined it was  the tug to  send  us on  our way.

Oh ,if  only.

My cabin is now stinking  hot- as is friend's  a bit further  down. I did not hear of  2nd  Silverseas - which  one?     I  am wondering if they will finish  the cruise.  I also see problems  getting  home when off the ship. What  airline will take  us?  I wonder how  helpful Silverseas will be in  making  ongoing  changed  travel  plans? 

If any of you are US citizens - or just curious-our travel agent has been in touch with the consulate here & also the main embassy and I have information so please contact me & I will share. The bottom line is “it will take time to sort out.”  So it’s clear that we will be looking at the moldy silos for sometime to come. At least you all have water views Instead of dump trucks & bored guys walking around with guns.  

On a lighter note, our laundry was just delivered by two people who looked like the Apollo astronauts. I was pretty sure one of them would say trick-or-treat. Really cracked me up & I’m pretty sure they felt really silly.  Cheers all.  

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, hls22 said:

Thanks Stumblefoot. TBH this was the only way we were receiving any news about the situation as I couldn't get hold of my sister and SS haven't even informed me yet that she's ill (I'm her next of kin). She managed to get a message to a friend and we found out from there, but thank you all for posting live updates from the ship - you never know who is benefitting from them!

Hello hls22. I'm very sorry to hear about your sister. We would like to get you in touch with our Guest Relations department at Silversea so you may receive first firsthand information. As we're not allowed to share personal contact information on this forum, may I ask if you can kindly send a private message on Silversea's Facebook page so I can then route it to the proper contact? Many thanks in advance and kind regards,

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1