Anyone getting through to Virgin Voyages on the phone?

70KToM

I've been on hold for 4 hours and 45 minutes now. Nothing. Got a response on social media but no answers. I canceled 36 hours before the new policy was announced and would like to know if they will refund me after all.

I called today and pressed 1 to be called back rather than wait on hold. They called back in about 1 hr 45 mins. Took advantage of their awesome 200% Future Cruise credit plus OBC deal. New cruise countdown has begun! 

Gary, call and stay on hold instead.

I have news!

1. I never received a call back (it's been 6.5 hours), so don't press 1, even if it worked earlier for Janess (glad you got the call though!).

2. However, I re-joined the line and actually waited on hold on a different phone, and after 4 hours, they picked up. I had fallen asleep but luckily the sound of her voice woke me up. The lady was super nice.

3. They were able to honor their deal, even though I canceled on Tuesday evening. I will be getting 200% credit!

• Like 3

I was highly suspicious of pressing "1" and waiting for a call back.  I went online and put a cabin on hold for both the inaugural and Richard's birthday bash.  Then I pressed 1 and hung up.  It was probably going on 2 hours before they called me.  The representative was so nice and he was so excited when I told him that I had  cabins on hold and gave him the reservation numbers.  He was able to get it taken care of pretty quickly.  I'm booked on the inaugural in a XL sea terrace (an upgrade from the central sea terrace I originally had booked for April 1) and I have a central sea terrace for the birthday bash cruise.  I'm getting a refund of $656 for my cancelled cruise (August 7 is cheaper even with the XL balcony upgrade) and with my future voyage credit, I only owed $62 for the birthday bash.  I am soooooo excited!!!

• Like 1

I was on the phone right at 8am eastern. Selected callback, got the call in about 90 mins.

It took some doing, but the rep managed to (seemingly) cancel my two March cruises and combine all the monies paid, plus future cruise credit, into a cruise in October instead. She warned me the system won’t reflect this properly until next week or so. I’m not super confident this is going to go smoothly, but at least I have credit card records of all the money I’ve given them so far.

30 minutes ago, AdoraBelle said:

I was on the phone right at 8am eastern. Selected callback, got the call in about 90 mins.

It took some doing, but the rep managed to (seemingly) cancel my two March cruises and combine all the monies paid, plus future cruise credit, into a cruise in October instead. She warned me the system won’t reflect this properly until next week or so. I’m not super confident this is going to go smoothly, but at least I have credit card records of all the money I’ve given them so far.

Not sure how long I was on hold, at least an hour and a half, and I fell asleep, waking up to hearing their voice.  My rep had no problem cancelling my cruise, and adding all the money in the right place to my new cruise, and the website already reflects that-On the same day I got my band for my April cruise.

But now, I got a SUITE for no additional cost, thank you VIRGIN!

I now have the cost of my two cruises x 2 as a single balance on my account/sailor loot (very nice to see that number), but it’s not yet applied to my new booking, and a few other things are a little wacky. I’m going to wait for things to calm down a bit and give them a call ... maybe middle of next week.

I’m happy with such a generous offer, and yeah, upgraded to suite in the process.

We had a May sailing that was cancelled.  Called first thing this morning.  Selected call back option.  They called back in 30 minutes and rebooked to September.  Went from a 4 night to a 5 night cruise and went from a Sea Terrace to a Brilliant Suite room with more on board credits.  Only $60 additional.  The employee helping me was completely accommodating and helpful.   I am completely satisfied how Virgin Voyages handled this situation.   Especially after seeing what the other lines are offering with this new wave of cancellations.

Folks that did a rebook: what does your booking page on the VV site show? 

Right now, I have a credit showing in the amount of my original voyage fare, and I still owe 2x that in my Voyage Balance section. I did the rebook 5 days ago, so maybe this will sort itself out in a few days. Just wondering if I need to call again. 

It took about 5 days for it to come up right for me.

I added my daughter to the reservation and in my Account it shows I need to put her info in before March 23 or her Insurance will be cancelled. I have put it in repeatedly and it just comes up as, "Something is wrong."

I will try for a couple more days then call by the 22nd to make sure.

I do show I owe $500 because I added her but my final payment isn't until August so I am not paying it yet.

I am wondering if I may need to pay it for the Insurance to kick in.

On 3/22/2020 at 10:32 AM, Kdiamond55 said:

FYI Only some of my refund was received, not my initial deposit from last year, and no credit is showing even though in my account it says “you have credit”.

This is exactly the case with me as well.  I have an email that I received after I rebooked the inaugural which says that I'm entitled to $656 refund due to August 7 being cheaper than April 1.  I received a refund of $156 to my Amex.  On the VV website it says "Cha-Ching!  It looks like you have credit" but then it says $0.  Also, I booked an excursion on the April 1 sailing which they said would be automatically refunded but it has not been.  I used the future voyage credit to book Richard's birthday bash.   After the credit was applied, I only had to pay $62.  That voyage shows fully paid  but the Inaugural shows that it is "partially paid."  I am just going to call and see what they say.  Hopefully, stuff has calmed down by now.  

I just hung up with VV.  I now understand how the 200% works.  I thought that I was getting a refund of the difference between April 1 and August 7 but the refund is actually for the taxes I paid for April 1 and the shore things that I had booked.  Oddly enough, the amount of one refund would be $646 (difference in fare between the two voyages) and the other $656 ($350 shore things and $306 taxes)--the similarity in the amounts causing my confusion about what I was being refunded. Also, I was expecting the shore things to be a separate refund.  To further confuse matters, they put $500 of the refund toward the card that I used for the $500 deposit and $156 on the card that I paid everything else with and the $500 just shows up on their end as "pending" and doesn't show up on my card at all as pending.  I feel sure that I will have to revisit that but as of right now, they can't do anything because enough processing time has not passed. 

The good news is she said my account does show $300 OBC.  Also, my August 7 cruise is fully paid and they have no idea why it shows up as "partially paid." 

Now I just have fingers crossed that we will actually be able to sail on July 15 and August 7!  

We don't want to do the Aug 7 cruise even with the incentive offered, so we requested a full refund.   I have only received a partial refund on my credit card thus far.  Waiting for the remainder (and asked my TA to follow up to see why I wasn't refunded 100%).   

• 4 weeks later...

My question for you all, is will any of Richard Branson's key businesses (Richard like Trump, licensed his brand to many) still be in business by 2021?

Not taking the refund option, is a dangerous proposition.

Edited by gkbiiii