Option 1 rebooking

gskgizmo

We were scheduled to leave Monday on the Crown and have chosen option one.  Our Crown cruise is still showing up in our documentation.  Do you wait until the new cruise credits all show up on your account to book a new cruise?  Should I book it on line or call and book directly.  There appears to be a select few cabins on the future cruise we are interested in.  Thanks everyone.

I am sure you would have to wait until you see the credit in your account to book another cruise without paying cash for it.

I would think that booking online will save you hours vs. calling and being on hold (PS booking online with Princess is also  a way to "book directly.")

gskgizmo, did you book your original cruise directly with Princess?  Like frugaltravel said; I would wait until you see the credits in your account before you book another cruise. Have fun out there

Thanks for the reply.  We booked our Crown cruise with a website travel company that I would prefer not using again.  I will wait for the credits to appear and hope our preferred cabins are not booked.  Princess must be overwhelmed with credits and refunds!  Thanks again.  We haven’t cruised in years and admittedly are not very good online.

1 hour ago, gskgizmo said:

Do you wait until the new cruise credits all show up on your account to book a new cruise?

Based on this document my TA shared with me it will take some time for your FCC to appear in your Captain’s Circle account.

“Due to the large volume of cancellations, FCCs will not be available instantly and may take up to 30 business days to be processed”.

Voluntary 60-day Pause of Global Cruise Operations Memo and QA_TA.pdf

1 hour ago, gskgizmo said:

Thanks for the reply.  We booked our Crown cruise with a website travel company that I would prefer not using again.  I will wait for the credits to appear and hope our preferred cabins are not booked.  Princess must be overwhelmed with credits and refunds!  Thanks again.  We haven’t cruised in years and admittedly are not very good online.

When is the cruise you’re wanting to reserve?

If it’s long before final payment you might be able to put a deposit on it & when you’re FCC is available use it then.

I was happy to see if we book a cruise & later cancel it that we won’t lose our FCC.

Will my client lose their FCC if they cancel their new booking?
 The Future Cruise Credit will remain attached to their profile until it expires. If they cancel a booking where they used an FCC, it goes back to their profile and they can re-use it before May 1, 2022.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, frugaltravel said:

I am sure you would have to wait until you see the credit in your account to book another cruise without paying cash for it.

I would think that booking online will save you hours vs. calling and being on hold (PS booking online with Princess is also  a way to "book directly.")

FYI when you call Princess you get a message that wait times are longer than usual and more than they’re system can handle so your call might just get disconnected.  I decided to wait to see what would happen and someone picked up in about 3 minutes. 

Do you have a PVP to work with? You can always shoot them an email and have them help you. We are normally assigned one and I have worked with two that have been super! They can make sure you are getting the best deals and help with deposits (refundable 😉 ) when needed. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gskgizmo said:

Hopefully, you can find a different good TA and get a nice discount because booking direct with Princess gets you nothing extra.  You do not need to wait for the FCC to post before booking a new cruise.  The FCC cannot be used to pay a deposit IIRC.  Hopefully you have FCD's on account to pay the $100/pp deposit, or just pay the $100 cash.  (TIP:  Buy FCD's on board and earn back OBC when used to book your next cruise).  The FCC is used later to make final payment or cover EZ-Air. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, gskgizmo said:

You could always put a "hold" on the cabin. I've done this many times (it's one of the choices when you book online). The hold is effective for 72 hours. If it drops off, wait 'til the cabin shows available again and put it on the hold again.

Also, if you have a Future Cruise Deposit in your account, use it to book the cruise and then just wait patiently for the FCC to show up.

FCC & refund for 1st leg of B2B has shown up, I was told by someone at Princess just out of training that the FCC for 2nd leg of B2B (all FCC ex taxes / fees / insurance refund) wouldn't show until the 18th so to call back and request a special extension if I want to. 

FWIW also learned FCC can be added to existing bookings, cannot be used for deposits

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

Our May 6th cruise was cancelled and within the hour we rebooked a December 10th cruise.  I paid the $400 deposit and when things calm down, I'll contact Princess to get our 150% FCC applied to the new cruise, including, hopefully, my deposit.  Then we still have $1000+ left in FCC and will have to decide what to do with it.

51 minutes ago, Britcnm said:

We had Princess EZ air...anyone know what happens with that? 

Our Flexible EZair flight was canceled more than 45 days in advance & their terms state it will be refunded to me.

“Cancel flexible airfare up to 45 days prior to departure with no fees”.

Edited by Astro Flyer