Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

I am booked for a cruise at the end of the year and was just checking my cruises in my personalizer and noticed that Princess upgraded me from an obstructed oceanview to a premium balcony.  What a lovely surprise!!  Happy happy happy ... 

• Like 22

18 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

I am booked for a cruise at the end of the year and was just checking my cruises in my personalizer and noticed that Princess upgraded me from an obstructed oceanview to a premium balcony.  What a lovely surprise!!  Happy happy happy ... 

Me too.  But I noticed because Princess sent me an e-mail of the upgrade.  We also had an obstructed oceanview room for September.

Edited by rsquirrel
  • Like 4

Here is the very maximum First World Problem.

We have a suite booked on the Emerald Princes this coming December.  What is Princess going to do for us?

I have been wronged.  I deserve compensation.

Disclaimer:

Since I am pretty sure that my post will be misconstrued by some:  I'M KIDDING.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 10

2 minutes ago, rsquirrel said:

Me too.  But I noticed because Princess sent me an e-mail of the upgrade.  We also have an obstructed oceanview room for September.

I don't think I received an email (If I did, I deleted it without reading it).  I have cruised with Princess over 2 dozen times and this is the first time I got such an upgrade.... well, I actually got a great upgrade from an inside cabin to an obstructed OV cabin ... best obstructed OV cabin I've ever seen ... so much so, it is the same one we booked for this cruise.  It's still available in their inventory so it's not like somebody wanted it.  It was just such a treat to get that wonderful balcony ... and a premium balcony on the Caribe deck to boot.  What a great surprise!  

Of note, I do seem to do a little better when I book directly through Princess.  

And ... I did just have a cruise that was canceled through them ... maybe they are just being very giving on that end??  I don't know ... but wow ... I am so happy!!  

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CruzeQueen2 said:

To cruise raider and rsquirrel- what is your loyalty designation? Just curious 😕

Enjoy your complimentary upgrade. Always nice to get a surprise 😊

We have 27 cruises completed with Princess.  

8 minutes ago, XBGuy said:

Here is the very maximum First World Problem.

We have a suite booked on the Emerald Princes this coming December.  What is Princess going to do for us?

I have been wronged.  I deserve compensation.

Disclaimer:

Since I am pretty sure that my post will be misconstrued by some:  I'M KIDDING.

At least *I* knew you were kidding. 😁  We are booked 33 days in a Caribe Deck Balcony on Sapphire for November/December. I'm not too sure if an upgrade to a mini would make me happy. I booked the Caribe deck purposely and like my almost-all-the-way-aft location. A suite though... 🤩 We are booked for 18 days in a Premium Ocean View next May. An upgrade for that cruise would be great!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Thrak said:

At least *I* knew you were kidding. 😁  We are booked 33 days in a Caribe Deck Balcony on Sapphire for November/December. I'm not too sure if an upgrade to a mini would make me happy. I booked the Caribe deck purposely and like my almost-all-the-way-aft location. A suite though... 🤩 We are booked for 18 days in a Premium Ocean View next May. An upgrade for that cruise would be great!

I always mark my reservation as meta upgrade or no upgrade...never any upgrade.  I'm with you ... I am in a premium aft facing balcony for an upcoming Alaska cruise and don't think there is a mini-suite that would be a bit of a disappointment.  

OH ... and BTW ... I said I didn't get an email.  Well, it must have been sent as I was writing this thread.  Sure enough ... they sent me an upgrade notice.  🙂 

I was only checking my personalizer today because they canceled a cruise for early April and I wanted to see how much I still owed on my upcoming cruises.  I had to do a double take on the cabin assignment!!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Good for you!   Nave try for an upgrade to a penthouse suite?.🙂

Maybe by the time you cruise, the Covid-19 will slow down.

Enjoy your cruise, and safe travels.

Edited by Justalone
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

We got quite a surprise, too!! We had to move our cruise from June to July back in January. In trying to keep cost neutral we went for an inside (IE) and on Tuesday we got an upgrade notification to a deluxe balcony (DB).  All 3 of us were very excited.

congrats!!

• Like 3

How interesting is this? As I was asking about your impressive upgrades, I received one as well. However, my mid ship location OW was changed to a very aft oceanview. NOT a deluxe balcony, or even a  balcony. I, myself, have more than 35  Princess cruises under my belt. Huh! I'm not totally thrilled with the relocation. Not ungrateful. But not overwhelmed with the change either! Will contact my wonderful PVP in a few days with an email to let her know.  Will be interesting. Not a big deal. Definitely interesting, though. 

• Like 1

It's my very first cruise not just with Princess but any cruise whatsoever! Got a notice our interior was upgraded to an obstructed oceanview. We're cruising Alaska on the Emerald end of May (with fingers crossed this all settles out by then!)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Us too! Cruise is not until end of November.

Went from a balcony(BC) to a mid ship mini suite(MA)

We are thrilled.

• Like 1

Just checked our bookings; we sail May 20 on a B2B to Alaska and then again August 16th on a 7-day to Alaska.  No upgrades for us unfortunately and no price drops either.  Oh well -- maybe someday we will get lucky like those of you that have been touched by the upgrade fairy.

19 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Excellent!!

• Thanks 1