Upgrade Surprise

Cruise Raider

At least for a while, with slow bookings and so many cancelations well into the future, there may be no one sailing in obstructed view cabins for a while.  It’ll be good upgrade news for customers and a challenging time for the cruise lines.

Edited by BigGuy25

On 3/13/2020 at 3:58 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Wow ... that's awesome!!  

Just curious ... was your inside cabin also aft?  I was midship and given a room midship.  Princess is really impressive through this whole ordeal.  

No we were in an inside Cabin on Lido deck.

• Like 1

I posted this on another thread but we were upgraded on the Ruby for December ... obstructed OV to a premium balcony midship.  Nice surprise!!  

So far, looks like these upgrades are happening for pretty much everyone on sailings booked for this year. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cruise Raider said:

I posted this on another thread but we were upgraded on the Ruby for December ... obstructed OV to a premium balcony midship.  Nice surprise!!  

So far, looks like these upgrades are happening for pretty much everyone on sailings booked for this year. 

not us ... yet … end of November cruise 2020 … inside cabin to ???

Glass remains half-full ...

prolly not a lot of "move overs" in the near future ...

• Like 2

Just now, voljeep said:

not us ... yet … end of November cruise 2020 … inside cabin to ???

Glass remains half-full ...

prolly not a lot of "move overs" in the near future ...

Ours is a short sailing .. only 5 nights.   The 10 night one and the 15 night one weren't touched.  No complaints from me, though.  I love the room we already have on the 10 night one and at that, it was from a move over offer so we were already upgraded.  

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

pasta1, hope to see you onboard!

Fingers crossed that we will be able to take this cruise. Thinking positive !

Likewise. Looking forward to this cruise, we also have one in June & September.

3 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Ours is a short sailing .. only 5 nights.   The 10 night one and the 15 night one weren't touched.  No complaints from me, though.  I love the room we already have on the 10 night one and at that, it was from a move over offer so we were already upgraded.  

ours is also a 5 night ...

• Like 1

On 3/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, Italy52 said:
On 3/13/2020 at 3:31 PM, Italy52 said:

Just checked our bookings; we sail May 20 on a B2B to Alaska and then again August 16th on a 7-day to Alaska.  No upgrades for us unfortunately and no price drops either.  Oh well -- maybe someday we will get lucky like those of you that have been touched by the upgrade fairy.

Not much chance of an upgrade on the first then, maybe on the second.

https://www.google.nl/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=3&ved=2ahUKEwjXzYXa6JzoAhXPAewKHa7ZBT0QtwIwAnoECAYQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.citynews1130.com%2F2020%2F03%2F13%2Fcruise-ship-ban-virus%2F&usg=AOvVaw2o8EiAoVrIXuoWd9PSGINx

• Like 1

The logic that Princess is using for these recent upgrades is beyond passenger understanding at this time.IMHO

It does appear to be good customer service,but it might be a possible way to mitigate people cancelling future cruises. 

We are booked on a 10 night repositioning cruise,and received an upgrade.

I am thinking that they are moving booked passengers from interior to OV , balcony and mini suite cabins, leaving interior cabins open to be sold at a later date for a very low fare so that the ships involved are sailing at full capacity.

Who knows ?

22 minutes ago, MJSailors said:

The logic that Princess is using for these recent upgrades is beyond passenger understanding at this time.IMHO

It does appear to be good customer service,but it might be a possible way to mitigate people cancelling future cruises. 

I am thinking that they are moving booked passengers from interior to OV , balcony and mini suite cabins, leaving interior cabins open to be sold at a later date for a very low fare so that the ships involved are sailing at full capacity.

Who knows ?

I agree, we have OV for Sept 2020 New England and no upgrade. Not begrudging other's upgrades but wonder how the system works.

I booked a cruise Friday but it's BW. hoping I get visited by the upgrade fairy but if it's the upsell f as it instead, can i pay with FCC? I'm going to have a boatload with 2 canceled cruises 

Hi everyone. I just saw that we have been upgraded/moved to an aft mini suite from a mid ship balcony. 

we have never cruised before and a specifically chose mid ship to minimize any seasickness.  

I would love the extra room but not sure if I should have it changed back. What would you experienced cruisers do? Thanks.  

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

Who knows ?

SKY - no OV, so next upgrade is to OB - works for us if that happens

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, charlie murphy said:

is an upgrade something that randomly happens or something that one signs up to be able to get? princess does this or your TA does this?  And when and where does one sign up if they need too register? thanks  

All of them that we've every gotten, with Princess or other cruise line, have just come out of the blue. This massive round of upgrades from Princess must be to help keep people from canceling their bookings.

On Friday I received an upgrade notice from Princess.  My cruise is  a 10 day reposition cruise  Nov. 5  from NYC to the Caribbean.They moved me from an inside to a Deluxe obstructed balcony  mid forward. I was happy  after I saw the location  and what the room should look like.

Sali