Disney Cruises - CANCELED

Akwakop

2 minutes ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

Unfortunately there was an incident there Friday.

Apparently some of the dinner guests ended up testing positive.

Dreadful, dreadful shame.  

Forget it.

Edited by Double Jack

1 hour ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

The military is going to have to set up field hospitals. 

What better place that Disney?

WDW FL is already set up for conversion in to military use at any time.

I think it is funny some of the reactions to this.

CA bans any large gatherings that don't generate large tax amounts, but the parks can stay open and have people intermix just fine. Disney closes and the Governor's office says that they never meant to ruin people's vacations and for the parks to close.

NY bans gatherings of people that don't generate any tax fees, but leaves open the entire NYC subway system intermixing 1 million + a day to spread any diseases.

The fear mongering is so evident in how places are reacting to this.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkJedi said:

CA bans any large gatherings that don't generate large tax amounts, but the parks can stay open and have people intermix just fine. Disney closes and the Governor's office says that they never meant to ruin people's vacations and for the parks to close.

NY bans gatherings of people that don't generate any tax fees, but leaves open the entire NYC subway system intermixing 1 million + a day to spread any diseases.

That's awesome about the park.

I wasn't making a joke.  They are actually currently working on military hospital plans.  

Maybe start putting them in arenas or convention centers.  Some place with a good ventilation system.   

20 minutes ago, Isabella Benjamin said:

That's awesome about the park.

I wasn't making a joke.  They are actually currently working on military hospital plans.  

Maybe start putting them in arenas or convention centers.  Some place with a good ventilation system.   

WDW was actually built with that in mind as part of their tax incentives.

And putting them in arenas and conference centers would be a terrible idea. While they may have decent ventilation, they have decent ventilation, without medical filters. Unless we know exactly how long the virus can survive outside a host the facility would have to be shut down until that was determined to be clear. Or replace the entire duct work system.

13 hours ago, DarkJedi said:

While I do think they should be making adjustments in how the subway system is used in new york. It's hard to compare closing a leisure activity vs a necessary activity for many who still need to go to and from work. A bit like how in Ohio, any gathering over 100 has been ordered to be cancelled - so parades, festivals, sporting events, etc. But they are still allowing airports to be open. It's not hard to justify shutting down an activity that serves no real purpose other than fun or any essential purpose.

• Like 1