Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

Yes!  In a heartbeat.  Princess has always provided my late husband and I with totally wonderful experiences.  I feel from what I have been hearing about recent events they have honorably and ethically stepped up and did their best to respond to a very extraordinary situation and put their passengers welfare above profits.  Kudos!

• Like 1

Our answer is that we booked another cruise right away to take place at the end of the year.  We have a cruise already booked for late Fall and would book another cruise for this summer if our schedule lets us.

This is the time when those shareholders and stakeholders need to stand behind the company and do what we can to keep it #PrincessStrong.

• Like 2

Yes we will book again. We were on a Princess ship in early March doing back to back cruises in Australia. Given the situation with the virus, we decided to cancel the second cruise and fly home early. Princess was very accommodating. No cancellation fees even though we cancelled just a few days before the second cruise. We got future cruise credits and all fees and taxes (including air tickets) were reimbursed on our credit card. 

• Like 1

On 3/19/2020 at 1:15 AM, donaldsc said:

I do not cruise on Princess but if I did, I would certainly do it again.  Why would you think that we would not?

DON

Maybe. 

Princes = Seven Corona virus deaths

Royal-NCL.  = Zero Corona virus deaths 

got a cruise booked for 12/21 - just self-upgraded from a high up IB to a Emerald Deck - Deluxe OB - cost me $ 10 pp 

yeah, took that and kept the best2dg ...

but that's a lonnnnnnnnnggggggggggg ways out

• Like 4

Just used my 1st FCC to pay off my September 2020 TA on Sky Princess & added 200 OBC. 

Waiting on FCC from 2nd cancelled cruise for Enchanted Princess TA next April.  Balance isn't due until January so I'm sure the FCC will be there before I need it

Hopefully that'll leave me enough for a 3rd cruise with the kids as they both have FCC too

• Like 1

While I’m impressed with Princess’s policies around this situation (we cancelled before all of the offers to cancel for free and they still retroactively gave us FCC - without us even asking - which they didn’t have to do) we will be waiting a while to see how this Covid-19 situation shakes out in the world before we set foot on a cruise ship again.  If we do cruise again, Princess will be our likely choice because of the FCC they gave us, and we’ve enjoyed all of our Princess cruises up until now.

Not if we do not get the thousands of dollars they owe us for the cruise they just canceled.  I am sure there will be a lot of others who will want nothing to do with them if they renege on they money they owe for all of the cruises they canceled.  

The fact that no one has gotten a refund yet to their credit card is very unsettling and at this time I really expect none of us are going to get a refund.  I thought their cancellation offers seemed too good to be true and I think unfortunately I am going to be proven right.....so far it seems no-one has received a refund to their credit card other then incidental expenses......I doubt Princess will even be around in 6 months as a viable company or brand...

Also it appears we cannot get our money back from Princess Vacation Protection because they say Princess canceled the cruise so you have to deal with them....insurance companies win again.....I think Princess canceling was a way to keep their insurance company from having to pay out large amounts of monies too.....

Edited by PrincessLuver

Princess has said they are going to change the air ventilation system to help prevent spread of viruses . I have not heard that from other lines. I have a Sept cruise booked on Cunard and not happy the way they are handling this. Something to consider. Have 25 cruises on Princess

14 minutes ago, PrincessLuver said:

Not if we do not get the thousands of dollars they owe us for the cruise they just canceled.  I am sure there will be a lot of others who will want nothing to do with them if they renege on they money they owe for all of the cruises they canceled.  

The fact that no one has gotten a refund yet to their credit card is very unsettling and at this time I really expect none of us are going to get a refund.  I thought their cancellation offers seemed too good to be true and I think unfortunately I am going to be proven right.....so far it seems no-one has received a refund to their credit card other then incidental expenses......I doubt Princess will even be around in 6 months as a viable company or brand...

Also it appears we cannot get our money back from Princess Vacation Protection because they say Princess canceled the cruise so you have to deal with them....insurance companies win again.....I think Princess canceling was a way to keep their insurance company from having to pay out large amounts of monies too.....

Check Did you get your refund yet. Some have received their refund to their charge cards for the tax and port and whatever else they purchased. A few have received their FCC. I have not.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, calvin31 said:

YES! 100% and excited to be able to book again soon. We were supposed to go in May, but that just seems like a dream now. 

Don't give up. I am in the process of booking for May 16. So far so good. Need the FCC to pay for it. That is the problem I am having right now.

7 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

I had 2 cruises canceled (a B2B). I recieved a full refund from the 1st including what I paid for my insurance, which is a better deal than getting it from the insurance company and not being reimbursed my insurance cost. More cash back to my Visa card + 50% FCC. Excellent PVP says that file is still open as I'm due another 50% FCC. 

Many of us have been reimbursed / compensated. When the least patient person here (me) says 'be patient,' you know times are weird

5 hours ago, Esprit said:

You missed out the murder on Emerald Princess and the 32 that tragically died when Costa Concordia capsized.

I’m still optimistic we will sail on Enchanted Princess this August 🙏🏻

What steps should they have taken to prevent a murder? 

• Like 3

Our May 20, 2020 B2B Alaska cruise is pretty much cancelled --- awaiting the formality of Princess to announce it.  We have already booked the same B2B cruise for May 19, 2021 and reserved one of our excursions.  I love having something to look forward to especially during this crazy time.

• Like 2

Our May 2020 cruise has yet to be cancelled, and I have a fair hope it won't be.

Whatever transpires in May, we are planning another mutli-week in 2021 or 2022 (depending on destination, NOT current circumstances).

Honestly, I don't see current events impacting future plans dramatically, or at all really. 

Life goes on.

• Like 2