Will you book another cruise on Princess ?

jpj39

3 hours ago, richsea said:

Would I book another cruise on Princess? Why wouldn’t I? 

Upset about rust? Really????

Would love to cruise again..but looks like 70 and older folks will need a note from their doctor that they are fit to cruise. Not sure how many doctors will be allowed by their insurance policies to take on that responsibility.  Just got off the Ruby and have a lot of FCC for our two cancelled cruises.  Hope I can use it!

1 hour ago, wintrev said:

I am so disappointed with Princess and the fact that they disembarked 2,700 passengers off the Ruby in Sydney with the Captain knowing that 158 of them were sick - regardless if it was the flu, corona virus, noro virus or anything. He morally had an obligation to Australia to report it especially as we let him dock after the ban was put in place. Princess didn't want their name tied up to another ship with corona virus. Well perhaps you need to look at your policies and enforce people washing their hands. Time and time again I have witnessed people refuse to do it and when the staff member tries to make them they have to give in as they fear losing their job - because hey the guest's happiness comes first! No it doesn't rules are rules and if you don't want to follow them then put them off at the next port. Start getting tough with humanity because getting on another Princess ship is not high on my list when booking another cruise.

Why didn't the Australian Health Authority wait for the test results of those that were sick and why didn't take the temperature of passengers before letting them off and why was the ship cleared before this was done? A lot of whys!!

Edited by BRANDEE

I will cruise on Princess again, if all of the criteria below occur:

• a COVID-19 vaccine is developed;
  • the stock market recovers somewhat;
  • Princess survives this;
  • Princess returns to me all the cash (not FCC) they owe me; and
  • Princess keeps some non-Royal Class ships in its fleet. 
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Let's face it - cruising will not be high on anyone's list for a long time - the MSC Magnifica is off the coast of Western Australian with no Australians (1,700 overseas visitors) on it but has 250 people with upper respiratory illness on it and they want to get into Fremantle. Sorry but you need to go back to where ever you came from. We have enough of cruise ship passengers with problems already. Give them fuel and supplies but get out of our waters!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/22/2020 at 2:36 PM, BRANDEE said:

Would love to cruise again..but looks like 70 and older folks will need a note from their doctor that they are fit to cruise. Not sure how many doctors will be allowed by their insurance policies to take on that responsibility.  Just got off the Ruby and have a lot of FCC for our two cancelled cruises.  Hope I can use it!

Absolutely! Unless as Brandee says, Princess adopts and keeps the "70 or older" policy. 

After much research, it has been determined that NO physician will sign this "letter".

Personally, I feel that this is discrimination- There are hordes of people under age 70

who have NO business cruising as they are in very poor health. But I guess that is ok

because they are not "old".

• Like 2

On 3/24/2020 at 12:22 PM, nini said:

Absolutely! Unless as Brandee says, Princess adopts and keeps the "70 or older" policy. 

After much research, it has been determined that NO physician will sign this "letter".

Personally, I feel that this is discrimination- There are hordes of people under age 70

who have NO business cruising as they are in very poor health. But I guess that is ok

because they are not "old".

Our family doctor had no problem with it. 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, jpj39 said:

Future of Princess Cruises do you think Princess will survive this Crisis?

will you book another cruise on Princess?

do yo think you   were treated fairly if the cruise was cancelled or you cancelled?

I was very positive towards Princess until today. I am not sure they will follow through with the refunds & FCC, after talking with an agent today. Not impressed.

21 minutes ago, dog said:

I was very positive towards Princess until today. I am not sure they will follow through with the refunds & FCC, after talking with an agent today. Not impressed.

Are you talking about a Princess agent?  Some TAs are in a lot of financial trouble due to the virus?

21 minutes ago, subaru94 said:

Are you talking about a Princess agent?  Some TAs are in a lot of financial trouble due to the virus?

Most cruise lines are letting the TAs keep their commission. Mine is very happy knowing all that additional FCC will be coming her way.

Although we have three Princess cruises booked I’m not certain that we won’t cancel them.  The ONLY times we have gotten sick over the past 10 years has been on cruises.  I would guess that one or the other of us has gotten sick on half of our 20 Princess cruise.  No Noro, just colds, coughs, bronchitis and that sort of thing and, again, aside from those illnesses neither of us has had so much as a cold over those 10 years.  I’ve come to accept as a cost of cruising that there is a 50% chance that one (or both) of us will get sick on a cruise, particularly the longer ones.  I am no longer willing to accept that.  I now know that there are measures that can be taken by cruise lines to keep their passengers healthy.  Princess needs to make those changes or I am probably going to opt out.  Late last year we took our first HAL cruise, 28 days on the Amsterdam.  Neither of us got sick and there were noticeably fewer coughers and sneezers on the ship.  We were served in the buffet and I think that makes a big difference.  Overall, I much prefer Princess (particularly the food) but it was wonderful to not get sick.

Whatever agency gives those 100% scores to ships following inspections should also query every passenger following a cruise to learn how many of them got sick during the cruise. 

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

Most cruise lines are letting the TAs keep their commission. Mine is very happy knowing all that additional FCC will be coming her way.

Good luck with that FCC. Let us know after your cruise if it all worked out for you 

Edited by dog

No, likely not, and it's not because of anything Princess did or did not do, it's because of PTSD from our last cruise, which just ended on March 7. It was a 33 day cruise around S. America on the Island Princess, and it started with a dock workers strike in San Antonio, Chile, which kept us in port an additional two days, and ended with the threat of Covid 19 hanging over all of our heads. In between we had a the Diamond ship incident unfolding, then several more ships began to run into trouble due to Covid 19. Meanwhile, on our ship a large outbreak of URI occurred, which seemed to affect almost the entire ship, including hubby and I. We were held on board an additional four hours in Rio de Janeiro due to concerns about the health of our ship and/or Covid 19, and as we got closer to our disembarkation in Fort Lauderdale, we began to hear about cases beginning to occur in S. America, where we'd just been.

It left me realizing how vulnerable we'd been pretty much throughout the cruse, and how very lucky we were to have not been caught up in the incidents now unfolding at sea, where ships are struggling to find a port to either deal with ill passengers, or disembark a still-healthy ship. I'm by no means angry or upset at Princess, but watching this Covid 19 situation unfold while at sea was life changing, and now that I was 'there' so to speak, for me there likely is no going back. 🤥

Edited by Tamara2cruise
  • Like 5

10 minutes ago, fishnchips said:

Watch any YouTube video of your favourite ship if you get that feeling of "I wish I was there ".

Then yes you WILL cruise again ,I certainly will and looking forward to it...

wonderful !  since we're stuck at home, this gives me the idea to plug the picture keeper into our flat screen and watch our past adventures. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DDDDale said:

Although we have three Princess cruises booked I’m not certain that we won’t cancel them.  The ONLY times we have gotten sick over the past 10 years has been on cruises.  I would guess that one or the other of us has gotten sick on half of our 20 Princess cruise.  No Noro, just colds, coughs, bronchitis and that sort of thing and, again, aside from those illnesses neither of us has had so much as a cold over those 10 years.  I’ve come to accept as a cost of cruising that there is a 50% chance that one (or both) of us will get sick on a cruise, particularly the longer ones.  I am no longer willing to accept that.  I now know that there are measures that can be taken by cruise lines to keep their passengers healthy.  Princess needs to make those changes or I am probably going to opt out.  Late last year we took our first HAL cruise, 28 days on the Amsterdam.  Neither of us got sick and there were noticeably fewer coughers and sneezers on the ship.  We were served in the buffet and I think that makes a big difference.  Overall, I much prefer Princess (particularly the food) but it was wonderful to not get sick.

Whatever agency gives those 100% scores to ships following inspections should also query every passenger following a cruise to learn how many of them got sick during the cruise. 

Guess i've been lucky. 35 cruises, 28 on Princess. Don't think I have ever caught a cold on a cruise. My wife did have noro on one cruise. Whatever colds I have gotten I am pretty sure were caught flying to/from the cruise.

• Like 2