Time for Oceania to review Cancellations ??

roger b

12 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Do you hear me?

I do 🙂

12 minutes ago, Pearl64 said:

Why couldn’t they have made it May 15? So we wait!

and hope they will still have money left for refunds because that is what I want

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kate-AHF said:

I am screaming in support of you!  I know exactly how you feel. My cruise was end of April and I'm taking the money and running.  

• Like 1

We are booked on a late November Istanbul to Dubai cruise. A couple of weeks ago, it was almost completely waitlisted. Now it wide open with availability in almost all categories. Final payment isn’t due until late June. 

That’s a lot of people canceling all the way out until Thanksgiving! Do they not believe NCL will survive that long, or that the virus will still have everything shut down?

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We are booked on a late November Istanbul to Dubai cruise. A couple of weeks ago, it was almost completely waitlisted. Now it wide open with availability in almost all categories. Final payment isn’t due until late June. 

That’s a lot of people canceling all the way out until Thanksgiving! Do they not believe NCL will survive that long, or that the virus will still have everything shut down?

Probably a combination of both. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pinotlover said:

We too have some cruises this Fall.I doubt that we will go but not cancelling just yet.

Final payments are in July/Aug and we'll see how things look then.

No advantage to cancelling now as far as I can see but if we cancel, we'll do so before any penalty phase.

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

We just sent the email to our TA canceling our October '20 Windstar voyage.  For the pure and simple reason that, being high risk, I don't think traveling is a good idea until there is a vaccine.  It's that simple.

4 hours ago, pinotlover said:

"...That’s a lot of people canceling all the way out until Thanksgiving! Do they not believe NCL will survive that long, or that the virus will still have everything shut down?..."

Or maybe they are cancelling because THEIR bank accounts may not survive that long? 🥴😵😩

19 minutes ago, bigmjh said:

Or maybe they are cancelling because THEIR bank accounts may not survive that long? 🥴😵😩

Mine too.    How many others out there in the same boat.  IRA and other accounts in crapper. 

We have our first Oceania cruise scheduled for July from San Francisco.  Carnival just cancelled our April Spring break cruise and offered Option A 100% FCC with Additional $600.00 on board credit.  FCC to be used by 12/31/2022 or Option B 100% refund in 90 days.  Shore excursions, prepaid tips, beverage packages, port charges etc. immediate refund no matter which option is chosen.

All Oceania talks about is if client cancels cruise and how great their cancellation policy is.  What happens if they cancel cruise?  I can't seem to get answer from anyone.  Does anyone know?

Side note,  Carnival has canceled all cruises from San Francisco for 2020.  I'm 99% sure we aren't going, but going to make them cancel.

7 minutes ago, cbcruiser said:

What happens if they cancel cruise?  I can't seem to get answer from anyone.  Does anyone know?

Yes - if they cancel the cruise you'll have the option of a refund or 125% FCC.

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from April 12 to May 10, 2020 will automatically receive a future cruise credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This future cruise credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by April 1, 2021.

All ancillary items purchased through Oceania Cruises will be refunded. Ancillary items eligible for refund include Oceania Care Travel Protection, transfers, shore excursions, hotel/land packages, air add-ons and fees, visas, beverage packages, and culinary experiences.

For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% future cruise credit, a lower value full refund option is available. Please contact our Guest Services team no later than April 15, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a refund.

Edited by Paulchili

1 hour ago, Paulchili said:

Yes - if they cancel the cruise you'll have the option of a refund or 125% FCC.

To make up for the inconvenience of this suspension, guests who are currently booked on voyages with embarkation dates from April 12 to May 10, 2020 will automatically receive a future cruise credit worth 125% of the cruise fare paid.  This is our way of providing even more value to our loyal guests to cruise with us at a later date. This future cruise credit will be issued automatically and may be applied to any voyage on Oceania Cruises anywhere in the world through December 31, 2022 that is booked by April 1, 2021.

All ancillary items purchased through Oceania Cruises will be refunded. Ancillary items eligible for refund include Oceania Care Travel Protection, transfers, shore excursions, hotel/land packages, air add-ons and fees, visas, beverage packages, and culinary experiences.

For guests who prefer to forfeit the higher value of the 125% future cruise credit, a lower value full refund option is available. Please contact our Guest Services team no later than April 15, 2020 if you prefer to be issued a refund.

The way Oceania is canceling one month at a time AFTER final payment is made means only people who have paid in full will get the extra 25% FCC. Who in their right mind would make the final payment for a cruise in the next 3 months knowing full well the cruise will not be going? So this generous offer of an extra 25% is a bait and switch tactic to make themselves look good. 

2 minutes ago, susiesan said:

The way Oceania is canceling one month at a time AFTER final payment is made means only people who have paid in full will get the extra 25% FCC. Who in their right mind would make the final payment for a cruise in the next 3 months knowing full well the cruise will not be going? So this generous offer of an extra 25% is a bait and switch tactic to make themselves look good. 

Oh, for Pete’s sake.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, susiesan said:

So does that mean you cancelled your June Cruise??

1 hour ago, LHT28 said:

So does that mean you cancelled your June Cruise??

Not yet. I asked my TA to cancel it and book me for Aug. 29, 2021. She is going to try to move the deposit rather than have it refunded and start all over with a new deposit. She doesn't work on Monday and O wasn't there today, Sunday. So I will wait until Tuesday.