Thoughts from our March 1st Encore cruise

flcraigs5

This is just a quick review of our 7 day Eastern Caribbean cruise on the Encore. As others had said I was a bit curious as to how this cruise would be due to the negative reviews I had been reading. We were dropped off at port on Sunday, March 1st around 10:15. Only about 20 people in front of us going through security. We are platinum so we went to the line for latitude members. There was an extra form to fill out due to the Corona Virus. It just asked if you have been on another sailing in the last 30 days, if you were in contact with someone or caring for someone that was exposed to the virus etc.  The agent then looked at each page of your passport to see where you have visited and when. When she went to get our key cards a supervisor again looked over the passport page by page before the agent was given our key cards. After that we went up to wait to board the ship. We had priority boarding due to our latitudes level and was on the boat, had our dinner, show and go kart reservations completed  by 11:30. We went and had a drink while waiting for the restaurant to open at 12 pm.  For dining we had 3 day specialty package along with out platinum 2 dinners. We ate in specialty restaurants Cagneys, LeBistro, Onada, Q and Ocean Blue. The other 2 evenings we ate in The Local and Taste. Breakfast & Lunch we ate  in The Local, Savor and the buffet. 

• Like 1

I was on this cruise too.  Looks like NCL is shutting down for 30 days, so this was Encore's next to last cruise before a service break which will last for who knows how long.  Our group of 4, which includes my 95 year old father and his 85 years old sister, are all in good health.  Hope that's true for everyone that was on board.