Cruise Insurance

rob6465

It all depends on the Insurance Company.  I have switched to another date a couple of times.  The insurance company said they would do it one time only on each policy.  You also have to state that you are making no claims on the policy currently.  Which makes sense,  you shouldn't be allowed to use 1 policy to insure 2 trips and possibly make claims on both.  I would call the insurance company or the place you bought the insurance through, such as trip insurance store, insure my trip, etc.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rob6465 said:

If you have cruise insurance for a May cruise and it's cancelled, can you transfer it to another date?

If it is through Carnival - the answer is no.

I just went through this. I'm just out the $288 for Carnival's insurance.  But I do get a FCC in the amount of our deposits for 4 people in the amount of $588, that I'll likely never be able to use.

I have Allianz insurance and was wondering the same thing. We don't cruise until August and hope this is over by then. I know they are slammed with everything right now. I asked if our cruise date shifts, does our insurance shift with the trip. I have not heard back, but I hope it follows the travel and not a date because of this. If we do sail in August, I will be on it.

Thank you for your email. 

We've checked your policy and it does include Cancel For Any Reason cover, subject to specific criteria being met, as confirmed in your policy.  If covered you would receive 75% of any prepaid non-refundable trip costs claimed.

Trip Cancellation benefits are not available due to travel warnings, travel advisories, or fear or concerns regarding COVID-19.  Please refer your Policy of Insurance, Trip Cancellation provision to review the cancellation covered reasons.

We suggest contacting your travel supplier to discuss your options of refund.  Many travel suppliers are allowing guests to cancel their reservation without penalty and issuing a refund or future travel credit because of the Coronavirus (COVD-19).  Each travel supplier has their own policies and procedures surrounding this cancellation process; therefore, we cannot guarantee how your refund will be handled by them.

Please click https://www.imglobal.com/coronavirus  (or type in URL) and review the FAQ section for further clarification and updates.

You can download a claim from at https://www.itravelinsured.com/customer-service/claim-forms

If you wish to claim, please send us your completed claim form and all evidence by return of email, and our claims team will assess your claim and confirm any cover available.  Please quote your policy number upon submission.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Customer Care Department / lb

raw?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch&ymreqid=27919cbb-4d2e-42f7-1c46-e10000010600&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBYHojYYU47rDk0tXNhEbPfmDx0_ErxhQOLnMiDED_BTXusDwi_PWfHrjMaHgupzRhX-2ZtlT9A_pt3lDMkvO-73

iTravelInsured®

A subsidiary of International Medical Group®

P.O. Box 3231, Farmington Hills,

MI 48333-3231

Toll-Free: +1.866.243.7524

Fax: +1.317.655.4505

Email: service@itravelinsured.com

raw?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch&ymreqid=27919cbb-4d2e-42f7-1c46-e10000010600&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBYHojYYU47rDk0tXNhEbPfmDx0_ErxhQOLnMiDED_BTXusDwi_PWfHrjMaHgupzRhX-2ZtlT9A_pt3lDMkvO-73        raw?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch&ymreqid=27919cbb-4d2e-42f7-1c46-e10000010600&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBYHojYYU47rDk0tXNhEbPfmDx0_ErxhQOLnMiDED_BTXusDwi_PWfHrjMaHgupzRhX-2ZtlT9A_pt3lDMkvO-73          raw?appid=YMailNorrinLaunch&ymreqid=27919cbb-4d2e-42f7-1c46-e10000010600&token=zitEzqOML3j84e6ealFTT5U7-km5qEQF52lp7AcCuBYHojYYU47rDk0tXNhEbPfmDx0_ErxhQOLnMiDED_BTXusDwi_PWfHrjMaHgupzRhX-2ZtlT9A_pt3lDMkvO-73

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 11:05 AM, luv2trvlnow said:

It all depends on the Insurance Company.  I have switched to another date a couple of times.  The insurance company said they would do it one time only on each policy.  You also have to state that you are making no claims on the policy currently.  Which makes sense,  you shouldn't be allowed to use 1 policy to insure 2 trips and possibly make claims on both.  I would call the insurance company or the place you bought the insurance through, such as trip insurance store, insure my trip, etc.

Hi luv2trvlnow,

For trips affected by the Coronavirus, all the companies I know have waived their rules for just one date change.

Steve Dasseos

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:25 PM, bigrednole said:

I have Allianz insurance and was wondering the same thing. We don't cruise until August and hope this is over by then. I know they are slammed with everything right now. I asked if our cruise date shifts, does our insurance shift with the trip. I have not heard back, but I hope it follows the travel and not a date because of this. If we do sail in August, I will be on it.

It depends on how far out the new sailing is from when you first bought the policy.