MSC Miami Cruises Cancelled Next 60 Days

dexddd

You have two options:

Receive a 125% credit toward a future cruise 

OR 

Receive a full refund

On behalf of our entire team at MSC Cruises USA, thank you for your patience, support and commitment during these trying times.

Given the evolving Covid-19 coronavirus situation, we have made the difficult decision to stop the operations of our ships sailing from Miami to the Caribbean for the next 60 days (March 14- April 30). 

This decision wasn’t taken lightly; however, the health and safety of our guests and crew members is our top priority.

Here’s how you can proceed if you have an existing booking. 

That's really only 48 days, not 60.  My cruise is scheduled for 5/2.  Wonder if that's still valid based on the 3/14 through 4/30 timeline they gave you.

I haven't received anything yet, so I guess I'll wait and see.

7 minutes ago, OHCruisin said:

That's really only 48 days, not 60.  My cruise is scheduled for 5/2.  Wonder if that's still valid based on the 3/14 through 4/30 timeline they gave you.

I haven't received anything yet, so I guess I'll wait and see.

You are right.  I didn't notice that.  Obviously one or the other is wrong.  My guess is it is through 4/30.

Yes, bravo MSC, for doing the right thing and making a hard decision.  Guessing the travel ban for Europeans though just didn't make sense for them to float ships around with few people on them.

Sad day but at least we aren't in route to Miami if it happened a week later.

Missed the private island again.  Will we ever get to go there?

• Like 2

I would really love to see a full refund and some sort of FCC.  If they do give you a FCC they are really securing a future customer.  If not used MSC is out nothing.  If it is used they have a return customer.

Just now, lifeasme123 said:

Wished I had waited a few days to cancel the April 4th cruise.  oh well..

And that's exactly why we haven't cancelled our upcoming cruise. Too much up in the air at this point.

• Like 1

• CCHelp changed the title to MSC Miami Cruises Cancelled Next 60 Days
1 minute ago, lifeasme123 said:

Didn't have a choice.  Friends wanted out, and I didn't want to deal while on my March 15 cruise.

That's understandable. Every case is a bit different: it's just my wife and I, nobody else with us, plus we're not sailing until May, and not to Italy or Asia. We've adopted a "wait and see" approach. I'm sure you did the best thing at the time and no one can fault you for that.

11 minutes ago, Rob-Bob said:

Pretty good but way short of Princess.  We get our money back for the cruise but are out hotel and airfare funds.  I am not sure if our travel insurance will cover this but I don't think so.

Princess did have very generous offers and not totally out of line of some offered by the lines in the past if they cancelled you.  However, with the magnitude of the current situation, I'd say things are a bit different.

The odd thing is none of the other Carnival lines had cancelled, just Princess.  

And so many people were so critical blasting how terrible MSC was and how they are greedy and etc. They just offered IMO, one of the best responses in the industry to this crisis with an option for full refund and not just a future cruise credit. Well done MSC!!!!

Edited by lastchamp64
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dexddd said:

Princess did have very generous offers and not totally out of line of some offered by the lines in the past if they cancelled you.  However, with the magnitude of the current situation, I'd say things are a bit different.

The odd thing is none of the other Carnival lines had cancelled, just Princess.  

Give it time. I suspect they may have been waiting for the market to close today to announce.

Alaska cruises are canceled until July. Baltimore port is canceled. Plus various US ports (Monterey, Santa Barbara). The Caymen Islands, Jamaica, Dominican Republic, St. Martin, St. Barts, Costa Rica, Hondorus, Martinique, Guadalope, panama etc.. all have the virus on the island. I expect those ports to cancel to cruise ships.

And did you watch VP Pence a minute ago praising the lines that have grounded? 

Imo,  it's inevitable.