Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

Just now, LissyTx said:

I don't see this anywhere official.  Can you link me?  We were actively packing to drive to port tomorrow...    Thank you!!

At the moment the only indication is a press release on RCL's corporate site: https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/82/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rolloman said:

I wonder why the Mariner is currently leaving port with passengers for the start of its 3 day Bahama cruise?

Same, just talked to my wife they aren't saying anything to passengers and they just cleared and port and are headed out to sea

8 minutes ago, dagadget said:

Very interesting. Cathy and I were scheduled to go on Harmony of the Seas on Sunday for a 7 day. Mom and sister cancelled early in the week (mom is 80) and got full FCC and I waited as I wanted to go. Looks like we will get a full FCC credit unless RCL decides to give the same perk as NCL. Going to be interesting to watch this.

I was supposed to be on this cruise as well... I didn't cancel only because I didn't want the FCC. I'm very interested now to see what they do. 

16 minutes ago, suesnake2002 said:

Phew dodged the bullet. Thank you RCCL. This is our first cruise of a back to back. And our first diamond cruise. 

I am not looking to cancel anything. 

Screenshot_20200313-161549.jpg

Mine are all still showing in my planner page as well.  Even though one of them is clearly within the upcoming 30 days….I wouldn't get too excited. :-(

3 minutes ago, shopnagain said:

Mine are all still showing in my planner page as well.  Even though one of them is clearly within the upcoming 30 days….I wouldn't get too excited. 😞

I think he's saying since it's 37 days out it's not part of the current cancellations, not that because it's still on the page it's not cancelled.

52 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

MIAMI, March 13, 2020 – Today Royal Caribbean Cruises LTD. announced that it is suspending cruising in the United States for 30 days.

We understand the gravity of the public health crisis confronting the country. And this is our part to play. So, beginning at midnight tonight, we are pausing the fleet’s US sailings for 30 days. 

We are reaching out to our guests to help them work through this disruption to their vacations, and we are truly sorry for their inconvenience. We are also communicating with our crew to work out the issues this decision presents for them. We know this adds great stress to our guests, employees and crew, and we are working to minimize the disruption.

Our business is providing great vacations and creating great memories. We look forward to getting back to work as soon as we can.

# # #

At least you were not on your way to Florida

• Like 1

I would imagine that all ships currently sailing from U.S. ports will have to "harbor-in-place" once they complete their current voyages, and that TA's will not be widely affected since most of them don't happen until mid to late April. It will be interesting to see where they park all of the ships :classic_ohmy:

8 minutes ago, Mark_UK said:

Wonder if they will abandon Europe this year? Aren't a lot of the TAs happening in the next 30 days?

I'm wondering that as well. Allure had her TA already for a scheduled dry dock, but that was postponed/cancelled. Anthem is April 12 I think, so 28 days? That's probably impacted. Rhapsody is April 18, so just after the current suspension (34 days). Brilliance is the latest, I think she doesn't go across until May

Maybe a silly question but does anyone know if cancelled itineraries will be rescheduled? Our April 4th cruise out of Tampa to Cozumel, Costa Maya, Roatan, and Belize City unfortunately falls into the window but there are no more cruises with that same itinerary on Royal until November and we're not really looking to wait that long, just curious if they might add an additional date a little closer to make up for the cancelled one. 

Edited by Shaylans

25 minutes ago, Ivebeenpwnd said:

Wish they announced it yesterday since I am on a flight to get to Miami for the symphony of the seas on saturday now

Oh, what poor timing for you.  I am very sorry this happened this way.  Will you stay in Florida for a vacation or fly back as soon as you can get a flight?

We were scheduled to cruise on Harmony of the Seas in 30 days for DH’s birthday cruise.  He really wanted to go, so we were waiting until closer to decide.  Evidently it is now decided for us.