Royal follows Cancels cruises for 30 days

By the way... You definitely can not trust the app or website (not that this is a surprise, we know the incompetence of RCL IT).  How hard can it be?  We are supposed to sail tomorrow.  We have not even received an e-mail. 

Look at what it still says:  😂😂😂

E6D301F4-AB75-434F-B66C-D22A13E12833.thumb.jpeg.a46dbe70eab8b0dd4c6d5efb039d9108.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

By the way... You definitely can not trust the app or website (not that this is a surprise, we know the incompetence of RCL IT).  How hard can it be?  We are supposed to sail tomorrow.  We have not even received an e-mail. 

Look at what it still says:  😂😂😂

E6D301F4-AB75-434F-B66C-D22A13E12833.thumb.jpeg.a46dbe70eab8b0dd4c6d5efb039d9108.jpeg

Not just Royal, along with many others you can still book a Cruise leaving next week...just wont be able take it

8 minutes ago, Plum Happy said:

Royal has sent out three tweets concerning: Operations Update, Refund Option, Future Cruise Credit

Too bad they don’t put this prominently on their website.  I don’t use Twitter. DH just found the same on Facebook.  

Thanks for posting!  I know I can get the answers here on CC faster than at any cruiseline. 🙂 At least we now know we don’t need to head to the port to prove that we tried.

We will be driving back home in the morning.  Looking for plan B on spring break. 😁

Hmmm if you got cruises later this year or early next year, book a cruise for next week and recieve a 25% bonus on your money. Sounds better than the market right now. 

And in true RCCL fashion adpmom will recieve her cancellation notice at 2:10 pm tomorrow. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, awestover89 said:

We were debating whether or not to ultimately cancel our B2B in May, but either way I was going to wait until 72 hours or so before sailing to see if they would up the offer or cancel outright. We'd take a bonused FCC over a refund personally

I am actually fine with the FCC. We have another cruise later this year booked and a Transatlantic next April on the Harmony so one of these will be paid in full in a couple of weeks.

4 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Too bad they don’t put this prominently on their website.  I don’t use Twitter. DH just found the same on Facebook.  

Thanks for posting!  I know I can get the answers here on CC faster than at any cruiseline. 🙂 At least we now know we don’t need to head to the port to prove that we tried.

We will be driving back home in the morning.  Looking for plan B on spring break. 😁

They (if you booked directly with them) or your TA would send you an email about this.

I am relieved that RCC did this.  We were supposed to leave in 2 weeks and this whole situation of being in limbo has been stressful.  Now we can finally cancel our hotels and boarding for our cat.   We really wanted to go on this cruise and feel sad about it, but at the same time we can finally move on and look forward to another cruise when this all blows over.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

A post on twitter or facebook can be made in an instant.  Updating a website takes longer.  Give it time.

• Like 1

🧐 I’m telling you... it’s like they are spying on me here.  I just got the e-mail.  😂 

Very disappointing, but we are happy to be able to cruise again in the future.  Sadly, driving back home tomorrow instead of boarding Adventure. ALWAYS thankful that we can cruise though!⛴

15 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

They really did hide it, I found that very odd! But maybe that will change - minutes ago every phone in the house was ringing simultaneously and the ding of text messages were going off. They definitely decided to go for it all at once. Disappointed here, but we understand the reasoning. 

2 minutes ago, Boatsie said:

But what if we used some old FCC to purchase a portion of this cruise and there was still time left to the old FCC expiration date (September 2020)...what happens in that case?

Call Royal.  For cruises that cancelled last week they reinstated the FCC under its initial terms 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Boatsie said:

But what if we used some old FCC to purchase a portion of this cruise and there was still time left to the old FCC expiration date (September 2020)...what happens in that case?

I would also like to know the answer to this. Also what if you had an OBC from booking onboard?  

35 minutes ago, APDMOM said:

Ugh...so disappointing. Am really sorry.  Can't believe they haven't even informed you yet. Royal shouldn't rely on social media. Hope you can reschedule soon (or at least when things are closer to normal).

Edited by LuCruise
  • Like 2

I feel for all of the employees and entertainers on the ships. I've made some friends on Royal ships and keep in touch with them and they were of course worried about the virus but also wanted to be able to finish their contract to make money. What will Royal do with them now? I know they must go home or somewhere but I assume they will not be paid and then are they just expected to return to finish their contracts? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blackjack24 said:

I feel for all of the employees and entertainers on the ships. I've made some friends on Royal ships and keep in touch with them and they were of course worried about the virus but also wanted to be able to finish their contract to make money. What will Royal do with them now? I know they must go home or somewhere but I assume they will not be paid and then are they just expected to return to finish their contracts? 

Do you think they crews are staying onboard and just doing extra cleaning, maintenance and perhaps minor refurbishments?

3 minutes ago, flyguyjake said:

Do you think the government has offered the cruise lines reimbursement for 30 days lost revenue? Did they strike up a deal?

I am sure they are going to help them out from what was said in trumps tweet. Probably some sort of deal was made because they know they need to keep going to make money but putting people at risk isn't good. Like I alluded to earlier I hope they take care of the employees and entertainers and not just the stockholders. 

Edited by blackjack24