Current and Scheduled Location of Celebrity's Active Fleet

mahdnc

As we wait for Celebrity to declare the inevitable temporary suspension of their cruises, here is a table showing the current and scheduled positions of all the ships currently still sailing (not including the Galapagos ships).  It gives you an idea of what the Operations Room is looking at.  All but Solstice will be at their home ports this weekend.  Reflection has just begun sailing out of Port Everglades right now.

Capture.JPG

Edited by mahdnc
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, downsmead said:

This is very useful and interesting.

Do you know where the rest of the fleet is - Constellation (pulled from service already ), Millenium - also pulled?

Apex - due to sail 28th March. At present in France!

Millennium is currently docked at Ensenada, Mexico.  

As of 12 hours ago, Constellation was sailing in the Gulf of Oman towards the Indian Ocean..  

49 minutes ago, downsmead said:

Am I correct in thinking that those two are not actively cruising?

We are due to sail on the Apex on the 1st April, but no news with regards to whether this goes ahead or not.

Yes. 

Constellation was doing India and Southeast Asia and in early March her cruises have been cancelled because India closed their ports to cruise ships.  

Millennium was doing Far East cruises (Hong Kong, Japan, etc) and in mid-February, Celebrity decided to cancel the remainder of the Asia season.

I have several friends whose cruise on the Reflection sailed from Port Everglades this afternoon.  Why would they allow them to leave in the first place if Celebrity was suspending cruise.

2 hours ago, kmb4567 said:

I have several friends whose cruise on the Reflection sailed from Port Everglades this afternoon.  Why would they allow them to leave in the first place if Celebrity was suspending cruise.

Based on the information we have right now, it appears Reflection will be allowed to finish its scheduled 10 night itinerary as it no longer is listed as one of the affected cruises on Celebrity's website.  If true, it was the last Celebrity ship in the USA allowed to sail before the temporary suspension goes into effect.  So, Friday the 13th was truly lucky for them!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Beachin2 said:

Eclipse will complete the current sailing tomorrow in Santiago Chili.  We have been advised that the subsequent cruise to San Diego is still a GO as of this minute anyway.

That may well be the last large cruise ship sailing for quite sometime if it takes off.  Especially given the closure of New Zealand’s Cruise ports.

47 minutes ago, rimmit said:

That may well be the last large cruise ship sailing for quite sometime if it takes off.  Especially given the closure of New Zealand’s Cruise ports.

Solstice is also in that group. She is completing her New Zealand cruise and will be back in Sydney on Mar 19 to take on new passengers for a 12 night Great Barrier Reef itinerary. Of course this is all subject to change. 

2 hours ago, ipeeinthepool said:

According to the Port Everglades schedule, all of the cruise ships are scheduled to leave the dock this afternoon and move to the anchoring area.  It will be weird to see all of those ships at anchor outside of Fort Lauderdale.

Without the horrific plane crashes this is the cruise ship version of 9/11 which involved a quick, massive, and chaotic landing of all planes and subsequent grounding of the fleet. 

The pictures of dozens of cruise ships anchored outside of Ft Lauderdale and Miami will be an eerie sight. Thank goodness it's not hurricane season. 

24 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Solstice is also in that group. She is completing her New Zealand cruise and will be back in Sydney on Mar 19 to take on new passengers for a 12 night Great Barrier Reef itinerary. Of course this is all subject to change. 

That cruise has one port of call in New Zealand, Bay of Islands, and ends in Auckland on April 1.  The April 14 Solstice cruise is exclusively New Zealand.  And of course, the Solstice ends it's run in Vancouver on May 21 - and we know that Canada is also closed......

12 minutes ago, lexmiller said:

That cruise has one port of call in New Zealand, Bay of Islands, and ends in Auckland on April 1.  The April 14 Solstice cruise is exclusively New Zealand.  And of course, the Solstice ends it's run in Vancouver on May 21 - and we know that Canada is also closed......

Yes, good points. All of them.

Most of the Solstice 12 night GBR sailings are round trips out of Sydney. The Mar 19 one was kind of a repositioning cruise to begin working Solstice eastward for her eventual summer Alaska season. 

My guess is that Celebrity will alter the Mar 19 itinerary to return to Sydney although getting dock space at the Overseas Passenger Terminal will be tricky. Alternate ports (in my mind) to terminate the cruise would be Brisbane (a common GBR itinerary port) or even Melbourne.

Edited by mahdnc

43 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

Without the horrific plane crashes this is the cruise ship version of 9/11 which involved a quick, massive, and chaotic landing of all planes and subsequent grounding of the fleet. 

The pictures of dozens of cruise ships anchored outside of Ft Lauderdale and Miami will be an eerie sight. Thank goodness it's not hurricane season. 

Not yet anyway.  But it officially starts in June.  Who knows?  Anyway these ships will pull anchor if a severe storm approaches and just safely ride it out I think.

8 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Not yet anyway.  But it officially starts in June.  Who knows?  Anyway these ships will pull anchor if a severe storm approaches and just safely ride it out I think.

Of course you're right. But I was just rolling my eyes thinking about it. But the thought of having to react to it would be interesting. Would they all just scatter or would they sail away in an organized group like naval ships? Think of it, a roving gang of cruise ships on the high seas....

2 hours ago, lexmiller said:

Never mind, forget what I said. 

https://presscenter.rclcorporate.com/press-release/82/royal-caribbean-announces-voluntary-suspension-of-cruising/?fbclid=IwAR1S7u0qgQvvNYzVvb89Wm5jY2k8dhDOA5-mJGsmZjLvBVphvAt8R_wucno

22 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Of course you're right. But I was just rolling my eyes thinking about it. But the thought of having to react to it would be interesting. Would they all just scatter or would they sail away in an organized group like naval ships? Think of it, a roving gang of cruise ships on the high seas....

Getting an aerial photo or satellite photo of all of those cruise ships anchored off of FLL will be one for the ages.

23 minutes ago, TeeRick said:

Getting an aerial photo or satellite photo of all of those cruise ships anchored off of FLL will be one for the ages.

I agree, there will be some interesting photos.  Things look a little different than what I pictured yesterday. After having dropped off their passengers yesterday, Infinity is heading to Tampa (she's near Key West right now) and Equinox is close to arriving at Freeport.

EDGE and Silhouette are docked at Port Everglades for now.

Eclipse is arriving at San Antonio for her debarkation although @Beachin2 posted on another thread that she has yet to receive permission to dock at the Chilean port. 

21CEEC59-F30B-49E1-BD52-2DB456F71BD9.jpeg

864DB22C-CB94-443B-AB05-848B8B92DD10.jpeg

E336933A-EE98-4513-AC3F-549E21D5D660.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

After having been denied entry at San Juan, MarineTraffic has Summit having sailed by Turks and Caicos on her way to Port Everglades tomorrow. 

2B5A7113-1D77-45F6-AFE5-17912BC20AB5.jpeg

Edited by mahdnc

I've just read that after managing to leave Port Everglades on Fri just hours before the cruise suspension went to effect, Reflection turned around last night to head back to Port Everglades. She will make a stop at Nassau along the way. 

D8AD837C-1171-432B-A879-F0CC0FE1BDEA.jpeg