125% for credit or take the cash

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

They have not specifically mentioned this but more FAQ’s are coming.  They may be the same as the previous cancel policy in which next cruise OBC was retained. 

Thank you. I had seen a post over on the Celebrity message board that said if you took the 125% FCC you would retain any previous booking OBC. I’m hoping that is true. I had $300 OBC on my March 22 booking from booking onboard. 

16 minutes ago, davekathy said:

If you take the FCC do you have to cruise by 31 December 2021 or  just book another cruise by 31 December 2021 and cruise sometime in 2020? 

Maybe that post needs an edit.... 

4 hours ago, Pianogrl44 said:

Anyone know if cruises leaving this weekend, March 14-15, offering a bit more in the FCC because of travel expenses?  I’ve heard of other lines doing this.

I was thinking that same thing.  Relatives of ours had already drove 24 hours to Florida, only to get the notification 24 hours prior to sailing.  We were in the Detroit airport about to board our plane when we heard, so we never took the flight.  Other costs such as parking for the 10 days, hotels, the 8 hour trip to the airport and home, were wasted.  A credit for a bit more than those who are 3 weeks away having their cruise cancelled would seem just in these circumstances.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, grandgeezer said:

The last line is not accurate. The stock jumped 7% before the announcement. Stock trading was halted at that time to prevent any wild swings in stock price caused by the announcement. Check the graph.

Stock was UP 2.44% (79 cents) AFTER the announcement. It ended the extended session at 33.12

(NCL jumped more)

5 hours ago, CruiseKeeper said:

And a new question.  Can we apply this 125% to a previously booked cruise...we have a bunch of them. 

I've never been in a situation where I received FCC.  Does it have to be used on a NEW booking?  I currently have two cruises booked (Dec. 2020 & Feb. 2021).  They are supposed to be on the Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale.  However, there are no dates showing beyond April for Oasis.  I thought she might be moving to Miami, since she could still embark on Sunday, and Symphony could still keep her Saturday schedule.

4 hours ago, rolloman said:

. Unfortunately the damage the media and alarmist have done may reach a breaking point.

But we know that come April, this virus is going to miraculously disappear anyway.

Leader of our country promised so and he never lies.

So decision of cash vs FCC can be taken accordingly.

Edited by hal2008
  • Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

I've never been in a situation where I received FCC.  Does it have to be used on a NEW booking?  I currently have two cruises booked (Dec. 2020 & Feb. 2021).  They are supposed to be on the Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale.  However, there are no dates showing beyond April for Oasis.  I thought she might be moving to Miami, since she could still embark on Sunday, and Symphony could still keep her Saturday schedule.

You can apply them to already booked cruises. They must be applied by the date on the FCC, and you should apply them as close as you can to final payment. 

Edited by Coralc

1 minute ago, Coralc said:

You can apply them to already booked cruises. They must be applied the date on the FCC, and you should apply them as close as you can to final payment. 

In the past when I earned FCC and tried to apply towards another cruise I had booked, I was told that it can be applied towards remaining balance and left over credited as OBC but they will not refund any money already paid towards that future cruise.

Dont know if they are applying same rules this time around as this is highly unusual scenario.

18 minutes ago, Grandma Petania said:

Oasis moves to Cape Liberty (Bayonne, NJ) for May - October.

2 minutes ago, hal2008 said:

In the past when I earned FCC and tried to apply towards another cruise I had booked, I was told that it can be applied towards remaining balance and left over credited as OBC but they will not refund any money already paid towards that future cruise.

Dont know if they are applying same rules this time around as this is highly unusual scenario.

I wasn't talking about a refund of moneys paid? The reason to apply it close to final, is that it will muck up any price drops that you might be eligible for prior to final payment. 

4 hours ago, Grandma Petania said:

I've never been in a situation where I received FCC.  Does it have to be used on a NEW booking?  I currently have two cruises booked (Dec. 2020 & Feb. 2021).  They are supposed to be on the Oasis out of Ft. Lauderdale.  However, there are no dates showing beyond April for Oasis.  For some reason I was able to find the December schedule tonight.

Excuse me for quoting myself.  The schedule for December sailings on Oasis,  has  finally appeared.  Pardon my lack of knowledge about FCCs.  I understand that they can be used on cruise reservation.  What about pre-paid gratuities?  If our FCCs are more than enough to cover the new cruise, can any leftover be converted into OBC?

I submitted the refund request last night via the link provided in the email, but have not got any acknowledgement/confirmation from them so far. Is there anyone successfully got their confirmation email after submitting refund request online? Thank you.

26 minutes ago, cruisinislife said:

I was wondering if the FCC was 125% of the total amount paid for the cruise including port fees and taxes or just the cruise fare? Does anybody know?

Normally, it's 125% of the cruise fare only, with gratuities, taxes and fees being refunded to original payment.  I assume these will be the same, but can't say for sure.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

People that cancelled early are getting the same e mail offering the 125% if they were on one of the cruises that fell with the 30 days.  Other cruise lines are doing this as well.  It’s either a great gesture by Royal or a colossal IT screwup. 

I was set to sail NCL this weekend but chose to cancel  ... I did not get any notification email so not all cruise lines are emailing those that cancelled (unless the email is really slow coming).  Maybe this is not what you meant in your statement about other cruise lines?  NCL appears to only be covering those that did not cancel but hope that changes esp for those that were literally in the shorter window to sail date.

48 minutes ago, poffles said:

I was set to sail NCL this weekend but chose to cancel  ... I did not get any notification email so not all cruise lines are emailing those that cancelled (unless the email is really slow coming).  Maybe this is not what you meant in your statement about other cruise lines?  NCL appears to only be covering those that did not cancel but hope that changes esp for those that were literally in the shorter window to sail date.

Sorry, the two statements that I made were separate points.  I don’t know what NCL did other than offering the 150% to those that were supposed to sail within the next 3 days and did not cancel. 

7 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Stock was UP 2.44% (79 cents) AFTER the announcement. It ended the extended session at 33.12

(NCL jumped more)

However, if you look at the past three weeks, Fridays have had a bump up that was more than made up for with the following Monday's drop.