125% for credit or take the cash

I am taking the refund if the closure extends to 4/13 (our sail date).  I just don't see a cruise fitting into our plans for the time period the FCC would cover.  I am not doing anything at this point...

So I booked our cruise using some FCC.  Anyone know what happens with that?  If I take the FCC is it 125% of the amount I paid in cash then 100% of the FCC?  If I take the cash is it only a refund of the cash amount then FCC for the FCC I used?

Thanks!

Did everyone get the e-mail from Royal?  I have had zero communication from them.  Mine leaves April 6.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jeremyp969 said:

So I booked our cruise using some FCC.  Anyone know what happens with that?  If I take the FCC is it 125% of the amount I paid in cash then 100% of the FCC?  If I take the cash is it only a refund of the cash amount then FCC for the FCC I used?

Thanks!

Did everyone get the e-mail from Royal?  I have had zero communication from them.  Mine leaves April 6.

It should be refunded to the original payment method. 

RCI sent out an email about the suspension last night. I got one.

42 minutes ago, TexasRon said:

I am taking the refund if the closure extends to 4/13 (our sail date).  I just don't see a cruise fitting into our plans for the time period the FCC would cover.  I am not doing anything at this point...

I just checked the website; my 4/13 cruise out of Port Canaveral does not show when I search for a new booking.  Perhaps it is 100% booked (it wasn't a few days ago, but people with flexibility may have moved there from canceled cruises), it may actually be cancelled, or, more cynically, Royal's IT department knows how to count to 30 better than the rest of the company.

There is a 4/12 departure from the same port for a longer cruise available still...

5 minutes ago, jeremyp969 said:

Thanks!

Guessing yes that your original FCC would be reinstated at 100% of what it was, and the difference in cash would be eligible for the refund or 125% FCC choice.  I don't really know though.

Regarding OBC from Next Cruise bookings - prior to yesterday's 30 day pause announcement I asked my travel agent to inquire whether I would retain my OBC if I took advantage of the free change for an April booking, but instead of cancelling for FCC switched to a later cruise.  The response at that point was"RCCL is not providing the option to rebook without any penalty".

9 hours ago, Coralc said:

Take the money!! :classic_biggrin:

I'm not cancelled .... yet

But looked at prices. The 2 cruises before mine cheap, mine and looking forward into may cost more than the 125%. They went up over night as people moved to later liberty cruises. I couldnt rebook what I have for 125%

I think lesson ..... keep monitoring and if cancelled JUMP on rebooking fast, because prices are going up as ships fill. 

1 hour ago, TexasRon said:

I just checked the website; my 4/13 cruise out of Port Canaveral does not show when I search for a new booking.  Perhaps it is 100% booked (it wasn't a few days ago, but people with flexibility may have moved there from canceled cruises), it may actually be cancelled, or, more cynically, Royal's IT department knows how to count to 30 better than the rest of the company.

There is a 4/12 departure from the same port for a longer cruise available still...

Liberty 4/11 was showing within the last 10 minutes when I checked. Good price too. Better than what I paid for my later date.

Agree, its within 30 days, but rcl announcement said resume april 11th.

Unpopular Opinion:

Cruising is a luxury. Take the refund.

You might need it or someone else you know might desperately need it for medical bills, lost wages or God forbid funeral costs due to this virus. 

Apologies for being blunt. 

• Like 1

When you request a refund do you get the insurance costs refunded.

If you opt for a FCC does the insurance carry over.

How is the cruise RCI insurance handled when RCI cancels.

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

What and why? 

It said something like or book by dec 2021 and cruise in 2020, probably meant to say something like book by the end of 2021 and cruise in 2022/2023?

You dont know anything about other people's finances to say they might need the money to live on. Some might and I'm sure act accordingly.. I dont need it unless the stock market goes to 0, nor do my folks etc.

Everyone is in different situations and not take advice from cc.

4 hours ago, pineapple666 said:

I submitted the refund request last night via the link provided in the email, but have not got any acknowledgement/confirmation from them so far. Is there anyone successfully got their confirmation email after submitting refund request online? Thank you.

I responded to email also and have not received a confirmation yet either.

10 hours ago, hal2008 said:

Sounds like someone is suffering from TDS.

But we know that come April, this virus is going to miraculously disappear anyway.

Leader of our country promised so and he never lies.

So decision of cash vs FCC can be taken accordingly.

10 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

I was thinking that same thing.  Relatives of ours had already drove 24 hours to Florida, only to get the notification 24 hours prior to sailing.  We were in the Detroit airport about to board our plane when we heard, so we never took the flight.  Other costs such as parking for the 10 days, hotels, the 8 hour trip to the airport and home, were wasted.  A credit for a bit more than those who are 3 weeks away having their cruise cancelled would seem just in these circumstances.

BUY CRUISE INSURANCE!

1 minute ago, eaflorida said:

BUY CRUISE INSURANCE!

as far as I know, that would refund the cost of the cruise, which is already being taken care of by the Cruise line.  Insurance will not cover other items like the time to drive 24 hours to the port that some of our family members already did, their hotel on the drive to Florida 2 nights ago, their gas, etc.  Cruise insurance as far as I am aware is exactly that - insurance covering the cost of the CRUISE.

6 minutes ago, eaflorida said:

BUY CRUISE INSURANCE!

I lost my car to a hurricane, I think was Ivan?  The one 11 years ago that hit Galveston 

I found out my car insurance didnt cover my collection of hawaiian priceless antique CDs in the trunk. I would have had to have a renter's policy to cover car contents, which I didnt have. Own my house now, but didnt then.

Also found out I had 0 deductible if I crashed my car, but $500 deductible for wind/water.

It's amazing the things we learn the hard way when insurance doesnt cover what we assumed. Who reads their policy for water damage if you dont live near the water. Never saw my car again.

So easy to say to people, you should have bought different insurance... after the fact.

We took the cash. We will rebook at some point, just feel like we want more control of that. My husbands fare would be more than mine too. Plus we always get the insurance and it’s not clear how that works with FCC. It’s about what you are comfortable with. 

30 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

It said something like or book by dec 2021 and cruise in 2020, probably meant to say something like book by the end of 2021 and cruise in 2022/2023?

You dont know anything about other people's finances to say they might need the money to live on. Some might and I'm sure act accordingly.. I dont need it unless the stock market goes to 0, nor do my folks etc.

Everyone is in different situations and not take advice from cc.

I call the CAS and the Captains Club and both agents advised me that any cruise booked with the FCC has to be taken NLT 31 December 2021. The FCC can also be used for existing bookings that are no further out than 31 December 2021. According to the CA and CC reps FCC will not/can not be applied to any 2022 and beyond bookings. 

1 minute ago, davekathy said:

I call the CAS and the Captains Club and both agents advised me that any cruise booked with the FCC has to be taken NLT 31 December 2021. The FCC can also be used for existing bookings that are no further out than 31 December 2021. According to the CA and CC reps FCC will not/can not be applied to any 2022 and beyond bookings. 

Ok, thanks

I was just explaining why the person said the post needed editing. Cant book by the end of 2021 and cruise in 2020. They asked, I was just explaining the question, not answering it.

But good information to have. I'm booked in the next 30 days after this group of cancelled cruises, so havent had to decide yet. I'm in the group crossing fingers we cruise.

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Ok, thanks

I was just explaining why the person said the post needed editing. Cant book by the end of 2021 and cruise in 2020. They asked, I was just explaining the question, not answering it.

But good information to have. I'm booked in the next 30 days after this group of cancelled cruises, so havent had to decide yet. I'm in the group crossing fingers we cruise.

Thanks for the explanation. Wasn't sure what the other person was talking about. 

5 hours ago, Shel9365 said:

Normally, it's 125% of the cruise fare only, with gratuities, taxes and fees being refunded to original payment.  I assume these will be the same, but can't say for sure.

...would love to see a confirmation on taxes, gratuities, and fees being refunded.  Would also like to know if Vacation Protection Plan will be refunded since it was Royal that cancelled?  I won't have time to wait on hold with Royal until tomorrow.

--bruce T.

1 hour ago, RBKL said:

When you request a refund do you get the insurance costs refunded.

If you opt for a FCC does the insurance carry over.

How is the cruise RCI insurance handled when RCI cancels.

I didn't see this answered and I have the same question. When Royal cancels your cruise do they also refund you the cruise insurance?

Also when they give you the 125% credit, is that 125% of just the cruise fare and the other items are still refunded to credit card? (Taxes, fees, etc)

6 hours ago, pineapple666 said:

I submitted the refund request last night via the link provided in the email, but have not got any acknowledgement/confirmation from them so far. Is there anyone successfully got their confirmation email after submitting refund request online? Thank you.

Wondering the same thing, I submitted the refund request as well and I have not received anything further.  They indicated that a confirmation email would be coming but I also have not seen anything yet.  I assume that it will show up, but has anyone successfully gotten the refund confirmation email?

Dan

1 minute ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Wondering the same thing, I submitted the refund request as well and I have not received anything further.  They indicated that a confirmation email would be coming but I also have not seen anything yet.  I assume that it will show up, but has anyone successfully gotten the refund confirmation email?

Dan

I am waiting on the phone to talk to them for more than 2 hours. I may give up, and call in another time if I do not hear from them then. Anyone gotten the refund email please update here. Thanks.