Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

I cancelled our April 19 cruise and EZ Air and shore excursions on Mar 6 . Got about 50% back of cruise and EZ air on credit card plus shore excursions by Mar 9.

We had PVP AON insurance so applied for that same day.

Today I got this email from AON --which says I believe that I will get back cost of PVP costs. Checked my bank CC and Princess account and nothing there...as others have said still missing my FCDeposit. Hope it all settles out in next month. Till then,....

We are in receipt of your trip cancellation claim.  As you may be aware, Princess Cruises has recently halted sailings between March 12, 2020 through May 10, 2020.  The cruise line is currently providing business considerations to those impacted by this decision.  These considerations include a refund of the Princess Vacation Protection plan costs, in addition to compensation for your cancelled cruise.  As the refund of your Princess Vacation Protection plan cost is being made, Aon Affinity is closing your claim at this time.

Please visit Princess.com for information regarding the compensation being provided by Princess Cruises.

Sincerely,

Aon Affinity Travel Practice

Update for people that did the Aon Insurance claim.

When we cancelled on march 5th, was told to apply to AON for the balance of the 50%, I did that on April 6th.

Just got an email from AON. They cancelled our claim. Said Princess will be refunding insurance for people that had their cruise canceled. We fell into that category as our cruise was to be April 21st.Nothing yet from Princess showing on my accounts to this effect.

I did fill out the form on line for Princess to give us the balance as cash so will probably take a while for all of this to sort out.

I advise making copies of all emails from the Insurance company, Princess etc. 

So if anyone else did the claim with Aon, you will probably here from them eventually too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Update for people that did the Aon Insurance claim.

When we cancelled on march 5th, was told to apply to AON for the balance of the 50%, I did that on April 6th.

Just got an email from AON. They cancelled our claim. Said Princess will be refunding insurance for people that had their cruise canceled. We fell into that category as our cruise was to be April 21st.Nothing yet from Princess showing on my accounts to this effect.

I did fill out the form on line for Princess to give us the balance as cash so will probably take a while for all of this to sort out.

I advise making copies of all emails from the Insurance company, Princess etc. 

So if anyone else did the claim with Aon, you will probably here from them eventually too.

see my post 5 mins above yours...guess AON sent out blanket emails...makes sense that AON doens't want to pay and passes the hot potato back to Princess

29 minutes ago, remydiva said:

see my post 5 mins above yours...guess AON sent out blanket emails...makes sense that AON doens't want to pay and passes the hot potato back to Princess

didn't see your post when I posted. Glad you posted their email information.

2 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

didn't see your post when I posted. Glad you posted their email information.

no problem...likely our posts crossed paths...like 'ships in the night'...ok, sorry.... too soon?

• Like 1

I cancelled our Sky  April 25 cruise on March 8th.  Have received only shore excursion and internet package back.  See nothing in my cruise personalizer, cruise is no longer there.  We booked through a big box TA and cancelled through them also.  Just would like an idea of when we will receive a refund, we opted to have all returned to us.  

Edited by Gracie115

They said 30 days.

I canceled a week before you filled out your form and I am still waiting for that refund. It has to be done manually so don't expect it immediately. Previous to me cancelling, they were dealing with Sapphire and Diamond Princess refunds. They are busy people.

My Uncle and his wife just got back to NY from transatlantic cruise. Their Friends decided to cancel. Its been three weeks already, no refund yet. They called the office on Monday to clarify things, they told him it will take up to 28 days. So just relax and wait guys. You will definitely be refunded 

2 hours ago, ALWAYS CRUZIN said:

TA just told me 4 weeks from the day your cruise was cancelled at the earliest.

Perfect timing for me. I have to pay the balance of my TA by June 6th & want to use up some of those FCC. 

On 3/17/2020 at 2:44 PM, Gracie115 said:

I cancelled our Sky  April 25 cruise on March 8th.  Have received only shore excursion and internet package back.  See nothing in my cruise personalizer, cruise is no longer there.  We booked through a big box TA and cancelled through them also.  Just would like an idea of when we will receive a refund, we opted to have all returned to us.  

I am 2 days ahead of you and haven't seen the refund.

1 hour ago, LAS!!1414 said:

Received FCC yesterday from canceled 7 day Western Carb ( 3/14 - 3/21 ).  

Now you have us hoping. Ours was the island Princess for Mar 17 and wanting to book another cruise but need the FCC to pay for it. It is for May 16 and would need to be paid in full when booking.

• Like 1

I cancelled mar 6 ( 6 days before princess cancelled all cruises) for April 19 cruise. 
I got about 50% back of cruise, EZ air, And Shore excursions back onto CC on Mar 9.

Applied for AON for rest . They signed off this week.
Mar 12 I applied with Princess for 100% cash and 25% FCC. Nothing Back on CC or personal planner yet.
you’re right it is a lot of money .. bright side is I can use the credit to pay for purchases I make now for the next SEVERAL months.