Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

11 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Since tomorrow is May 31st, the deadline for pause 1 to submit option 1/2 requests, I wonder if all of us still waiting on refunds and FCCs might be processed on Monday? Really hoping this is the case...

Princess has said that they will start processing them after May 31, not all of them on one day.

They also said that their work processes have become more efficient and they hope that the Pause 2 cancellations will be processed in a couple of weeks once they start.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, caribill said:

Princess has said that they will start processing them after May 31, not all of them on one day.

They also said that their work processes have become more efficient and they hope that the Pause 2 cancellations will be processed in a couple of weeks once they start.

Princess has said a lot of things. Most of which have been wrong.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, caribill said:

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Princess has said a lot of things. Most of which have been wrong.

did Princess also say they had completed Pause 1?

lots of misinformation on internet, videos 

lo

12 hours ago, paradiselivin1 said:

Doubt it. We're both elite and have the easiest of all transactions. I requested to cash in 6 FCC's for $600. Day 61 and counting...

We went elite on our last cruise  cancelled our Aug 10th anniversary cruise on the grand on 24th March and still waiting for the refund of over £12000 including on board reservations and excursions. We were married on the grand after having to reschedule following the Iceland ash cloud, princess treated us great then but now not sure if we will cruise with then again after this. Day 68 and only a cancellation notice, which does not mention excursions and on board reservations, and empty promises/ excuses so far. This has now become a big worry for us, yes I am well aware we are living in unprecedented times, a bit of honesty and professionalism from Princess would help the situation, the stock response of never admitting failings and responsibility simply does not work.

Edited by DavidandHeather
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, MJSailors said:

The Nov.5 ,2020 cruise we were taking from Brooklyn to some Caribbean ports has not been cancelled by Princess,but by us. We have received a refund today.This may not be the situation for many other posters who have paid the full cruise fare on a cruise which Princess cancelled and are waiting for a refund from Princess.

I wanted to post that we have been notified by email of a credit for the refundable deposit by Princess today. I had called Princess about two weeks ago about cancelling the cruise. In light of others’ frustration about not receiving refunds,I wanted to mention this credit to our account.

For those continuing to have difficulty securing a refund,my information may help if it is mentioned in any request for a refund.. 

Actually,after reading many posts about the refund situations, I was a bit surprised that such a credit was posted in a fairly timely manner.

It just doesn't make any sense. I cancelled Sept 4 Sky Princess on Mar 20. Still my refundable $200 deposit NOT yet refunded to my CC. Called Princess so many times and was promised in 60 days but...............hate calling and waiting

21 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

It just doesn't make any sense. I cancelled Sept 4 Sky Princess on Mar 20. Still my refundable $200 deposit NOT yet refunded to my CC. Called Princess so many times and was promised in 60 days but...............hate calling and waiting

I wish I was only waiting on $200. Not to minimize this but some are waiting on tens of thousands of dollars. You are one of the lucky ones. You will get reimbursed. I think those with cancelled sailings who have made final payment should take priority. Though there is no rhyme or reason on how they are doing this.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, dog said:

lo

They (webinar) said they had done all FCC for Pause 1. Which is not true. When I have called and mentioned this the Reps say this is not true. The webinar says if your clients don't have their FCC to call or chat.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Coral said:

They (webinar) said they had done all FCC for Pause 1. Which is not true. When I have called and mentioned this the Reps say this is not true. The webinar says if your clients don't have their FCC to call or chat.

FCC processing schedule.jpg

4 minutes ago, caribill said:

FCC processing schedule.jpg

I should have said for those who have done the survey.

And mine is still not done. They also encouraged those whose is not done to have their agent contact Princess. We did that and the phone rep had no clue.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Cancelled a July 2021 cruise on May 4th. We had placed a $200 deposit. At time of cancellation I was informed it could be 90 days before my deposit was refunded to my credit card. Received a credit for $200 on May 29th.

Sorry for those waiting on much larger amounts. I realize that mine was an "easy" one because it did not involve any FCC and was well outside any penalty window. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Coral said:

I wish I was only waiting on $200. Not to minimize this but some are waiting on tens of thousands of dollars. You are one of the lucky ones. You will get reimbursed. I think those with cancelled sailings who have made final payment should take priority. Though there is no rhyme or reason on how they are doing this.

I also have another full paid cruise cancelled by Princess on Mar 12 waiting for refund. Mar 26 Crown Princess. I believe all of us deserve the refund regardless of how much Princess owed. Fingers crossed for all of us.

3 minutes ago, hellopuppies said:

I also have another full paid cruise cancelled by Princess on Mar 12 waiting for refund. Mar 26 Crown Princess. I believe all of us deserve the refund regardless of how much Princess owed. Fingers crossed for all of us.

I agree we all deserve refunds. I just wouldn't complain about $200 when others are out so much more (such as your March 12th cancelled cruise).

I have a cruise I am going to cancel with just a deposit and I am not going to worry about it until everyone else gets refunded their full cruise payments and Princess is caught up. No use adding to the refund list with such a small amount right now when they are so busy with large amounts (and people have lost jobs).

Edited by Coral
  • Like 7

Just now, Coral said:

I agree we all deserve refunds. I just wouldn't complain about $200 when others are out so much more (such as your March 12th cancelled cruise).

Everyone has the right to express their own thoughts on this case and post here

• Like 3

2 hours ago, hellopuppies said:

$200??! I wouldn't wait holding for $200 right now when so many are waiting for so much more. There are many who have been waiting much longer than you.

• Like 5

The thing I'm having a little trouble understanding is why cruise lines continue booking cruises that are 50/50 to go. If they cancel, they just increase their backlog and basically piss off their clients. For an example I had a Seabourn cruise booked for May. It was cancelled in March and I got a letter saying, if I chose so, I would receive my refund within 60 days. It is now day 66 since I received that letter and I can't even get an answer from the cruise line about the status of my refund. I am upset with Seabourn I am no longer sympathetic to their problems. In the interim, they pushed back their cruise cancellations 3 times thus creating more of a backlog to refund cash or credit FCC. What's the point? Wouldn't it be better to, for now, to direct most staff to reducing the backlog and start booking for cruises they are over 90% sure will go?  I think it would certainly help them more going forward to have a somewhat  placated clientele then just a bunch of passengers upset with the foot dragging. Where is the management? Hire more temporary staff or outside sources to get the refunds out.  You have to want to get the job done. I think alot of these cruise lines don't. They are trusting on people's complacency. We'll see when the crises has passed.

• Like 5

22 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

Since tomorrow is May 31st, the deadline for pause 1 to submit option 1/2 requests, I wonder if all of us still waiting on refunds and FCCs might be processed on Monday? Really hoping this is the case...

Someone posted that Princess released more funds to credit cards on Friday. They should start showing up next week.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, voljeep said:

just curious, and absolutely none of my business … but why cancel a cruise so far out ?

Situation where we had booked it very early. We had a 17 day booked to Hawaii on HAL for 1/21 and a 15 day cruise to Alaska for July/21. We did a 15 day to Hawaii in January 2020. While we were still on that one, we and our traveling companions decided to cancel the HAL cruise since we had already been to Hawaii many times and for some reason the 15 day we were on just seemed long and a different vibe. We canceled the HAL right away in January when we got home, but kept the Alaska booking for awhile as we did some soul searching. Over the last couple of months we have been discussing why the last cruise seemed different to us (we have sailed several lines and are Platinum on Princess). We decided to cancel the Alaska cruise because we came to the realization that we are tired of cruising and want to do some land trips where we won't be as regimented. I have always loved cruising, but the experience, to me, has become so watered down that the cons out weigh the pros.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, nbist said:

Situation where we had booked it very early. We had a 17 day booked to Hawaii on HAL for 1/21 and a 15 day cruise to Alaska for July/21. We did a 15 day to Hawaii in January 2020. While we were still on that one, we and our traveling companions decided to cancel the HAL cruise since we had already been to Hawaii many times and for some reason the 15 day we were on just seemed long and a different vibe. We canceled the HAL right away in January when we got home, but kept the Alaska booking for awhile as we did some soul searching. Over the last couple of months we have been discussing why the last cruise seemed different to us (we have sailed several lines and are Platinum on Princess). We decided to cancel the Alaska cruise because we came to the realization that we are tired of cruising and want to do some land trips where we won't be as regimented. I have always loved cruising, but the experience, to me, has become so watered down that the cons out weigh the pros.

After 30 cruises we are thinking of taking a break when they do start running again. I agree with you, Watered down  experience ,everything is more expensive.  We are the type that are happy with a beach, hotel with a pool and a a few resturants and  a Publix near by..lol

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, dog said:

lo

They said all FCC for pause 1 folks that had submitted their option 1/2 choice was completed April 30th. We know that’s wrong since there are still some of us pause 1 folk here that have no FCC. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

They said all FCC for pause 1 folks that had submitted their option 1/2 choice was completed April 30th. We know that’s wrong since there are still some of us pause 1 folk here that have no FCC. 

ME! 🤚

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ceilidh1 said:

I think they forgot to tell the people answering the phone this. When calling this week about my refund, I mentioned the FCC and she said there are a lot of people still waiting for FCC from Pause 1 and "to wait". There was no escalation on this.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1