Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

1 minute ago, SunLakesBob said:

Is Princess refunding based on cancelation date or cruise date?

last I heard was cruise date. I know there are 3 phases and those in phase 1 seem to be getting some (not many) postings here. Just getting tired of no formal communication from Princess in my case 60+ days and I know people in Phase 1 (March) are still waiting. 

So I called this morning and Princess phone hours have changed, but recording referred me to chat.  Couldn't find it but located option to submit claim online.  I did so and was advised that response time is 4-6 weeks...this is ridiculous.  I'll call again when they open at 11am Eastern time.  

They still owe us $974.44.

Edited by GottaLuvCruising

27 minutes ago, ICUQT said:

last I heard was cruise date. I know there are 3 phases and those in phase 1 seem to be getting some (not many) postings here. Just getting tired of no formal communication from Princess in my case 60+ days and I know people in Phase 1 (March) are still waiting. 

What are the Phases?

45 minutes ago, ICUQT said:

I canceled a July Japan Cruisetour on April 3 about 10 days before Princess canceled. 

Up until that point I had paid 12k to Princess. The only communication that I received from Princess concerning this booking was the confirmation  of cancelation of April 3. My TA told me 30-60 days to receive the refund. Well it's 60+ days and still no communication. I get most of the information from this thread. I get the phases, times of refund to post 30-90 days or from date of cruise ( maybe October?). I have not filed a CC dispute. I have been patient. My plan is to wait another 30 days for my Cruisetour date and file a CC dispute and do what I have to do to get my money back. I don't think it should take 6-7 months to process this refund.

I was on that cruisetour too, we chatted on the roll call. I am waiting for over $12,000 so am very unhappy with Princess. Since I used several thousand dollars of gift cards I took the 125% FCC. Since the FCC requires no money change hands why hasn't that been accomplished yet. 

3 minutes ago, cruzsnooze said:

I was on that cruisetour too, we chatted on the roll call. I am waiting for over $12,000 so am very unhappy with Princess. Since I used several thousand dollars of gift cards I took the 125% FCC. Since the FCC requires no money change hands why hasn't that been accomplished yet. 

So let me ask. Same cuisse and the same outlay of funds. (12k) When do you expect a full refund? Have you had any communication from Princess? Also, to note I canceled under the PPP (insurance) 4 days before penalties kicked in.

It's 6/4 and I get my money back from Princess, full refund including insurance..  I was booked on a cruise leaving 4/14.  I responded to Princess' refund e-mail of 3/12 requesting a cash refund.  I disputed the charge on 5/13.  Citibank was great to work with.  Princess stunk.  At least it's over. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Is Princess refunding based on cancelation date or cruise date?

The answer varies depending on who answers the phone. 
there are still March cancellations being processed this week. 

6 minutes ago, dag144 said:

It's 6/4 and I get my money back from Princess, full refund including insurance..  I was booked on a cruise leaving 4/14.  I responded to Princess' refund e-mail of 3/12 requesting a cash refund.  I disputed the charge on 5/13.  Citibank was great to work with.  Princess stunk.  At least it's over. 

How do you challenge a CC charge from months ago?

You tell the credit card bank the date of cancellation, the terms (different depending on whether you or Princess initiated the cancelation), the resolution/contact attempted by you with the vendor and submit any proofs you have (cancellation notices, Princess policy pages, initial promised refund dates)

20 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Our final payment was paid in January 2020 for a 31 day cruise in May 2020.  Princess canceled cruise on March 12, 2020.  We waited in good faith for several months for our refund and then filed a credit card dispute after Princess failed to meet several of their suggested refund dates.  Credit card company just ruled in our favor and all monies were refunded.  We just faxed and also mailed all documents supporting our claim and that was that.  Time did not seem to be an issue with the credit card company.

25 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Throughout this thread of 131 pages are a multitude of posts describing how many credit card companies allow disputes for various lengths of time when the service was not provided.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, SunLakesBob said:

Get your statement that has the charge on it, so you have the date and the amount.  If you used multiple cards, get multiple statements.

Call the customer service number and have your account numbers available.

Ask for the disputes people.

Disputes will ask you to explain, ask you about the date and amount of the transaction(s), and then ask you what contact you have made with the vendor  that has given rise to the dispute.

Sometimes it goes fast with them.  Sometimes not.

I cancelled March 7.  Princess is to refund me $20,000+.  I opened a dispute on May 9th.

You will all get the refund. It just takes time. Mine took 83 days and it was all correct. They said in the beginning, 60 -90 days. If you received yours before 60 days consider yourself lucky. 100s of thousands of refunds takes a lot of time to do and get it correct! Under normal circumstances it would pobably take a week or two maybe even less. These are not normal circumstances.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Cut my post too soon.

Last week the Princess representative provided some encouragement.  This week, not so much.  I was scheduled for a June 25 cruise.  I cancelled on March 7 - before the CLIA started cancelling gobs of cruises.  Now 89 days after cancellation.  The representative indicated that they were now only processing in strict sail date order, and that as far as she knew, they were processing as fast as they can, but were handling early May.  Early May.  Frustrated.  I submitted Disputes to both of the involved credit card companies on May 9th.  I guess I'll create some more documentation by throwing out another email inquiry to Princess.

33 minutes ago, aholter66 said:

Cut my post too soon.

Last week the Princess representative provided some encouragement.  This week, not so much.  I was scheduled for a June 25 cruise.  I cancelled on March 7 - before the CLIA started cancelling gobs of cruises.  Now 89 days after cancellation.  The representative indicated that they were now only processing in strict sail date order, and that as far as she knew, they were processing as fast as they can, but were handling early May.  Early May.  Frustrated.  I submitted Disputes to both of the involved credit card companies on May 9th.  I guess I'll create some more documentation by throwing out another email inquiry to Princess.

I was a frustrated as well, to say the least....but now, feel much better about the situation.  I also submitted disputes for two sailings after waiting a respectable amount of time for my refunds, one for early April and one for mid May.  While my disputes with the credit card have not yet been closed, I learned that Princess has submitted the money to my CC company a couple of weeks ago.  The bank is just slow to close these disputes.  I get that ... they are dealing with more charge backs and refunds than a single cruiseline is.  They've already provided me with the conditional credit so, they can take all the time they need, I guess.  They have their money back and I have mine.  

15 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

They have their money back and I have mine.  

Well, not really.  You cannot ask for a check/bank transfer of the conditional credit.  They could theoretically remove those provisional credits should Princess dispute...but they won't.  You just have to wait until the real credit comes through.

Just got notified of refunds coming through PayPal from Princess. My cruise was 14 days on March 14 on the Sky. We were cancelled 48 hours prior to boarding. Got all money for shore excursions, etc back. Got my cruise credits back in April. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aholter66 said:

Cut my post too soon.

7 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Well, not really.  You cannot ask for a check/bank transfer of the conditional credit.  They could theoretically remove those provisional credits should Princess dispute...but they won't.  You just have to wait until the real credit comes through.

Princess has already provided the money to the bank ... they are obviously not disputing it.  

• Like 1

Working on early May my a**!   I'm waiting for a refund from a March 21 sailing.  I finally received my FCC a couple of days ago.  I filed with my cc May 6 so I'm waiting to see who refunds first!  It appears that we all get a different answer every time we call based on who we talk to and I guess how the stars are aligning that day!

• Like 2

Hooray; we got our refund from our late May cruise in 45 days! That means they’re officially on to Phase 2 and seemingly being quite efficient with them! The only mystery is that our refund is a bit off from what we are owed. We’ll see if the rest appears in the next week or 2, and if not, I’ll call Princess. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Worldpeek said:

Working on early May my a**!   I'm waiting for a refund from a March 21 sailing.  I finally received my FCC a couple of days ago.  I filed with my cc May 6 so I'm waiting to see who refunds first!  It appears that we all get a different answer every time we call based on who we talk to and I guess how the stars are aligning that day!

Agreed!  I’m right behind you.  Waiting for refund for 3/28 sailing.  Submitted option 2 on 3/14.  Disputed charge 5/13.  Received FCC earlier this week.  They should be processing refunds in some order...sailing date or cancel date.  But it’s all over the place. 

51 minutes ago, Cruise Raider said:

Princess has already provided the money to the bank ... they are obviously not disputing it.  

You only mentioned receiving a conditional credit.  Hence my answer.