Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

We received our refund today.  Our cruise was on April 19, Regal Princess transatlantic.

March 9, we cancelled before Princess did.

March 13, chose option 2 as we were told it was the only option for those cancelled before "Pause 1".

May 5, received a Princess email asking if we'd like to choose option 2 which was confusing since we had already submitted a form and received confirmation that we had option 2, only option available to us.

May 19, sent an email to our online agent and she filed a form asking for full refund for us.  Princess has since changed its policy to allow those cancelled before March 12 to choose option 1, refund with 25% FCC.

June 9, Received full refund to our cc with a little over because of the exchange difference form US to Canadian dollars.

No bonus FCC shown on our Princess accounts. This would have been our first cruise with Princess. No phone calls to Princess nor the credit card company.

Hope all your refunds are coming soon. Stay safe until we can cruise safe.

• Like 3

Received credit today (June 9) for April 11 (28 day LA-Hawaii-Tahiti RT) cruise. Credit dated June 4. Cruise cancelled by Princess in first round. NO CALLS to Princess or agency made, NO CC dispute made. I just let the process work and saved the angst.

Requested most efficient credit back to my bank from Citi.

They advised they will make direct deposit back to my bank in 3-5 days as refund must be reviewed because it is a large amount.

Alternatively, I could have left as a credit balance. (Presumably no review was necessary for that 😉)

FCC of 25% was also received some weeks ago and will be applied to 2021 cruise.

I am in USA.

Edited by jimmieg
Clarity
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hallelujah - I requested a refund of FCCs on March 18th.  While it was only for a total of $600, it was money better in my pocket than lost if CCL potentially were to declare bankruptcy.  It finally showed up as a credit back to my credit card today.  I've got another $200 owed to me that I requested a couple of weeks ago.  I guess I won't see that till maybe August.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TM said:

Hallelujah - I requested a refund of FCCs on March 18th.  While it was only for a total of $600, it was money better in my pocket than lost if CCL potentially were to declare bankruptcy.  It finally showed up as a credit back to my credit card today.  I've got another $200 owed to me that I requested a couple of weeks ago.  I guess I won't see that till maybe August.

Yours took about the same length of time mine did. Mine was 83 days from the day they cancelled the cruise. Glad yours is back in your account.

2 hours ago, peachyogurt said:

We received our refund today.  Our cruise was on April 19, Regal Princess transatlantic.

March 9, we cancelled before Princess did.

March 13, chose option 2 as we were told it was the only option for those cancelled before "Pause 1".

May 5, received a Princess email asking if we'd like to choose option 2 which was confusing since we had already submitted a form and received confirmation that we had option 2, only option available to us.

May 19, sent an email to our online agent and she filed a form asking for full refund for us.  Princess has since changed its policy to allow those cancelled before March 12 to choose option 1, refund with 25% FCC.

June 9, Received full refund to our cc with a little over because of the exchange difference form US to Canadian dollars.

No bonus FCC shown on our Princess accounts. This would have been our first cruise with Princess. No phone calls to Princess nor the credit card company.

Hope all your refunds are coming soon. Stay safe until we can cruise safe.

I was supposed to be on  your same cruise.

Option 1 was always an option. I cancelled March 6th. Though I have to say the wording was bizarre and I had to call Princess a few times on it. For example, if you wanted Option 1, and received a refund of any sort, you would have had to pay back Princess the amount and they had to re-activate your booking in order to give you that. What was confusing was I kept finding info relating to Option 1 (for us who cancelled before the Pause) but didn't find much about Option 2. Option 1 was a higher FCC (no refund except for shore excursions, water, etc..).

You should have received a bonus. Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago. It has already been applied (with out my knowledge) to a future booking. Keep watching as you should receive 25% bonus.

• Like 1

Some good news.

Got fare refund last night, apparently including EZAir, dated 6/4/20.

April 8 Golden, Princess cancelled 3/12, we applied for option 2 on 3/17.

Still awaiting hotel and visa reimbursements.

Still elite, but still no love for Princess.

• Like 2

What I am reading from everyone, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason how the refunding is being done. I am still waiting on my $200 deposit for an April 25 cruise that the same exact credit card was used as the final payment. In the beginning it seemed like they were doing in in order of the cruises, but others have gotten a FULL refund after our April cruise date. I still want to be a Princess cruiser but they are making it hard to rebook.  Once all is back on my credit card I will stop re-acting. Congrats to those that have gotten every thing, I am over 90 days now and was first told 60. Travel Agent has been little help. Getting tired of looking at my account everyday to see that this has been taken care of.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, lanzie99 said:

What I am reading from everyone, it seems like there is no rhyme or reason how the refunding is being done. I am still waiting on my $200 deposit for an April 25 cruise that the same exact credit card was used as the final payment. In the beginning it seemed like they were doing in in order of the cruises, but others have gotten a FULL refund after our April cruise date. I still want to be a Princess cruiser but they are making it hard to rebook.  Once all is back on my credit card I will stop re-acting. Congrats to those that have gotten every thing, I am over 90 days now and was first told 60. Travel Agent has been little help. Getting tired of looking at my account everyday to see that this has been taken care of.

We turned elite on our last cruise, if we do cruise with them again, ant that's currently a very big if, we will hold onto all monies until final payment date, had we done this we would now be looking at recovering just £150 plus about $1500 of excursions. Lesson well and truly learned.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Yep, it is what it is, but then I have had some orders for stuff from small companies that haven't come even after 60 days etc.  Thank goodness for credit card policies!  I guess I am just shaking my head at how messed up retail is on all levels due to Covid 19 and the sometimes ridiculous regulations and policies in place that are hindering the  availability and flow of goods!  Sometimes I am too understanding and patient!  Grin.

Pooh

The difference is that orders involve physical deliveries, often including supply chains from over seas.  In such cases delivery often uses air cargo on commercial aircraft,  no aircraft flights, no cargo space.  No cargo space no deliveries.

Cruise ship refunds are entirely electronic and can pretty much be done from anywhere.  Even in a manual operation, the process for a refund would be to look at the data on the screen, including entered data about the passengers request  FCC or Refund, and make the appropriate entry.  Nothing complex, nothing time consuming, unless the company wishes to delay the refund. 

• Like 5

Myself and two other couples all received our refunds last night/this morning for a May 9th cruise that Princess cancelled March 13. All of us chose option 2. One couple also received their EZ air money back this morning. 

We used FCC deposits that had subsequently expired and these were also refunded as a separate line item.

None of us ever contacted Princess or our TA regarding refunds throughout all this. 

Glad this is over - good luck to everyone else still waiting! 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, DavidandHeather said:

We turned elite on our last cruise, if we do cruise with them again, ant that's currently a very big if, we will hold onto all monies until final payment date, had we done this we would now be looking at recovering just £150 plus about $1500 of excursions. Lesson well and truly learned.

We are too elites.  It is a very hard lesson to learn for any future cruise and will hold onto the money until final payment date.  In good faith we paid up nearly 3 weeks early and it is going to nearly 80 days with still no refund from Princess yet (June 13 sailing).

Edited by ChattTenn

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I was supposed to be on  your same cruise.

You should have received a bonus. Mine arrived about 2 weeks ago. It has already been applied (with out my knowledge) to a future booking. Keep watching as you should receive 25% bonus.

We have no cruise booked for the time being. Will definitely keep watching for the bonus FCC. Thanks.

After waiting over 70 days for the refund for our cancelled March 21st cruise, I went ahead and filed a chargeback with Visa. I just got the disputed amount posted on my credit card. There is still no FCC from the option 2 that we had chosen. 

Anyone here who was successful in their chargeback dispute still received their FCC? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing ours.

31 minutes ago, SJunie said:

After waiting over 70 days for the refund for our cancelled March 21st cruise, I went ahead and filed a chargeback with Visa. I just got the disputed amount posted on my credit card. There is still no FCC from the option 2 that we had chosen. 

Anyone here who was successful in their chargeback dispute still received their FCC? I have a feeling that we won't be seeing ours.

I disputed the charge on 5/13 after submitting my Option 2 request on 3/14.  I received the FCC on 6/1 and on 6/4 received a refund for our FCDs used as deposits which have since expired.  I called Princess today on the remaining refund balance and she told me that since I disputed the charge, I will be getting the credit from Citi and not Princess since Citi did a chargeback on 6/3/2020.  When I called Citi, they said that if the merchant doesn't respond, then the dispute will be closed in my favor on 6/29. So, perhaps the dispute process made my refund a little more complicated.  But it should be done soon!  But yes, I received the FCC even though I disputed the charge.

2 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

Since our very first cruise, we have always held our money until the final payment due date.  It did not make one bit of difference in this situation. It took 89 days for our money to be refunded (cancelled March 11 for a March 21 Ruby sailing). I don’t even know who refunded us the money first, Princess or our cc company since we filed a dispute while tired of waiting.

2 hours ago, ChattTenn said:

We are too elites.  It is a very hard lesson to learn for any future cruise and will hold onto the money until final payment date.  In good faith we paid up nearly 3 weeks early and it is going to nearly 80 days with still no refund from Princess yet (June 13 sailing).

We were fully paid up in February 3 months before final payment date on 15th may. Wont be doing that in future, not for any cruise line or holiday firm, we will be setting up a dedicated holiday (vacation) account and be leaving our hard earned money in it until the last minute.

2 hours ago, npcl said:

The difference is that orders involve physical deliveries, often including supply chains from over seas.  In such cases delivery often uses air cargo on commercial aircraft,  no aircraft flights, no cargo space.  No cargo space no deliveries.

Cruise ship refunds are entirely electronic and can pretty much be done from anywhere.  Even in a manual operation, the process for a refund would be to look at the data on the screen, including entered data about the passengers request  FCC or Refund, and make the appropriate entry.  Nothing complex, nothing time consuming, unless the company wishes to delay the refund. 

Your last sentence says it all

22 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

Cancelled our March 14th cruise.  STILL no $ back.  Initiated a CC dispute last week.

I'm also waiting on March 14th cruise. Did you get FCCs yet? I have nothing so far. I also disputed with my credit card and have provisional credits posted. Disputed with Paypal (shore excursions paid this way) and it has been resolved in my favour so that part is taken care of at least!

19 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm also waiting on March 14th cruise. Did you get FCCs yet? I have nothing so far. I also disputed with my credit card and have provisional credits posted. Disputed with Paypal (shore excursions paid this way) and it has been resolved in my favour so that part is taken care of at least!

I did get the FCCs mid May...so would have expected the $ at that time too, but no.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SJunie said:

We received our FCC under option #2 last week and a couple of days later, Citi closed our chargeback dispute in our favor and made the credit permanent. When we filed the dispute, Princess had 60 days to respond, and heard nothing else until Citi closed it around day 51 or so.

• Thanks 1

I canceled in March and Princess cancelled a second one in March and still no refund or FCC. I will not book again until one or two weeks before a sailing. I might find the best cabins aren't available but I'll have to security of not loosing my money again. I also will look to other cruise lines. Princess dropped the ball big time and I don't know what it will take to make me feel "a valued customer" again.

• Like 5

Now what??

Disputed my March 28 SKY cruise on May 26 with Canadian TD Visa 

. Paid in US dollars to a TA  in Florida. Received disputed amount  Jun 2 - the amount credited was the amount I paid in Cdn $$ ( No conversion) Disputed the 2 year old deposit on Amex. Waiting for resolution. Again disputed amount is the actual Cdn $$ charged (no conversion). 

Today I received Princess passage refund from Princess - so I have the disputed amount AND the Princess refund in my Visa card and Amex. Of course they are different amounts because the amounts refunded from Princess are U$ refunds and converted by the banks to Cdn $$. 

Quite a mess

24 minutes ago, smithmlmx said:

Now what??

Disputed my March 28 SKY cruise on May 26 with Canadian TD Visa 

. Paid in US dollars to a TA  in Florida. Received disputed amount  Jun 2 - the amount credited was the amount I paid in Cdn $$ ( No conversion) Disputed the 2 year old deposit on Amex. Waiting for resolution. Again disputed amount is the actual Cdn $$ charged (no conversion). 

Today I received Princess passage refund from Princess - so I have the disputed amount AND the Princess refund in my Visa card and Amex. Of course they are different amounts because the amounts refunded from Princess are U$ refunds and converted by the banks to Cdn $$. 

Quite a mess

The disputed amounts from your credit cards will be added back on to your account and the Princess amounts will remain. At least that is what my two Canadian banks told me when I asked that question (not that Princess has given me any refund as yet...) I believe it will happen automatically and you don't need to inform them, but if it puts your mind at ease then just let them know.