Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

16 hours ago, darknightsdespiser said:

Have managed to speak to a human on the phone. This one reckons the easiest to process refunds will be done first, i.e. the ones where no action will be required and thinks I am likely to see the FCC credit before the refund.  She did say that the earlier requests i.e. Mar/Apr cancellations were proving more complicated 🤯

Based on a number of posts by people with "easy to process refunds" who have not yet received their refunds, I do not think they are processing the easy ones first.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, caribill said:

Based on a number of posts by people with "easy to process refunds" who have not yet received their refunds, I do not think they are processing the easy ones first.

They are not doing the difficult ones either.

The March sailings seem to be the ones they are having problems with.

By way of update, on day 95 with zip from Princess, my credit card company revised the provisional refund to a permanent refund.   The credit card company gave Princess a deadline to respond and when they didn't - bingo, I got my final payment back.

Princess is still on the hook for my down payment, which was made so long ago that I couldn't dispute the charge with the credit card company.  Hopefully, they'll eventually settle up, but at least I got over $9K back in the coffers. 

The cruise was scheduled for April 4th on the Ruby.

The credit card company clock has now stopped, but the Princess clock is still ticking away.  Day 97 today.......

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, SargassoPirate said:

By way of update, on day 95 with zip from Princess, my credit card company revised the provisional refund to a permanent refund.   The credit card company gave Princess a deadline to respond and when they didn't - bingo, I got my final payment back.

Princess is still on the hook for my down payment, which was made so long ago that I couldn't dispute the charge with the credit card company.  Hopefully, they'll eventually settle up, but at least I got over $9K back in the coffers. 

The cruise was scheduled for April 4th on the Ruby.

The credit card company clock has now stopped, but the Princess clock is still ticking away.  Day 97 today.......

What credit card company and what day did you dispute the charges? 

Congrats.

15 hours ago, DavidandHeather said:

Day 84 and some small refunds have finally started showing up on our bank and cc accounts, we can finally see some light at the end of a long dark tunnel. 

Having looked at the amounts refunded (about 8% of the total due) it's just the excursions refunded so far, flights, pre cruise package, cruise and cruise tour inc grants and drinks package still to be refunded. Still worried.

12 minutes ago, Coral said:

What credit card company and what day did you dispute the charges? 

Congrats.

It was with my Costco CitiBank card.  I opened the dispute on April 11 about a week after the scheduled sailing date of April 4.  That way I could claim that the services were not received.  The credit card company settled on June 15.

• Like 1

I was part of the 12th March cancellation, and completed my preference form on the same day. I received my refund in two parts on 15th and 16th June (I'd used two different payment methods).

I had raised a dispute with my credit card company, but they hadn't processed it. When I spoke to them they said they had something like 40,000 active disputes and they anticipated it taking 8-12 weeks to deal with it once received.

Happy to report....at long last, on day 98, we have received the refunds to both my husband's and my credit cards, AND the FCC's have been posted to our accounts.  This is for our 5/09/20 cruise.  Now all that is left is FCC's for the cruise we had booked for 5/17/20.   Will call to check on that today.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SargassoPirate said:

It was with my Costco CitiBank card.  I opened the dispute on April 11 about a week after the scheduled sailing date of April 4.  That way I could claim that the services were not received.  The credit card company settled on June 15.

Thanks - I have 2 different disputes that I opened and I have to say I am more pleased with Costco Citicard than with Chase United. I may just need to use my Costco card more often.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coral said:

Thanks - I have 2 different disputes that I opened and I have to say I am more pleased with Costco Citicard than with Chase United. I may just need to use my Costco card more often.

My Chase United card provided a resolution to the dispute quickly -- the provisional was changed to dispute resolved in two weeks. All money is back in my account.

Edited by snowskier

Almost Finished.  

Cruise - April 18 
Cancelled - March 11 (and again on March 12) 
Cancellation Notice - May 18 
FCD’s - on or about May 18 
Refund - May 25 (dated May 21) 
FCC’s - June 1 

April 25 Cruise
Cancelled - March 11 (and again on March 12) 
FCD’s - Rec’d  June 9 
FCC’s - June 17
Refund  - June 17 (dated June 12)

Unfortunately they did not refund my FCDs.  I have now started that process. I hope it does not take another 3 months

• Like 1

Happy to report we got our refund today.

Our cruise was April 12 Regal Princess. We had two rooms under two separate booking numbers for our family group.

We cancelled two days before they announced Pause 1.

At the time we cancelled, we were happy to take the 50% refund and 50% FCC that was on offer so that we didn’t ‘lose’ any money. We were nervous about sailing because of the ages (young and old) of the members of our group. So we were glad to see this initial offer.

When the pause was announced, we immediately requested option 2 - full refund plus 25% FCC for both bookings. We received email confirmations for this selection for both bookings.

And then we waited, and waited, and waited. And then two weeks ago, we received the booking cancellation email that showed no penalty. We then proceeded to wait some more.

This morning, we now have the full refund on our credit card for both bookings.

And we each have our FCCs in our individual Captain’s Circle accounts. The ‘earned’ date is today’s date.

I noticed that we have until May 1, 2022 to book by and use by for the FCCs. I am happy to see that, as originally it was indicated 2021 for use. That gives us more time to see how this pandemic plays out and see what happens with cruising.

I was hopeful that we would eventually get our refund if we waited it out. But I was a little concerned seeing all the random Sail dates for refund processing. 

I’ve already requested the return of the credit card funds to the checking account, and hope that when that happens i can take advantage of currency exchange rates to come out ahead (I’m a Canadian who booked in USD using our US accounts). If the Canadian dollar gains on the USD, i will leave the funds in USD so I don’t lose money. I do wish we had been refunded when I could have taken advantage of the 1.40 exchange. It’s around 1.38 today so we will see what happens.

I hope others see their refunds soon!

• Like 1

Credit Card Refunds Fully Processed - Details Below

04/06/2020 -Coral Princess – Panama Canal Departure Date

12/30/2019 - Purchased iTraveledInsured (IMG) From Squaremouth

01/02/2020 - Final Payment Date

03/02/2020 - Excursions Reserved and Paid For

03/05/2020 – New Princess Cancellation Policy – FCC for 100% of Cancellation Amount

03/10/2020 – Cancelled Cruise (75% penalty phase)

03/10/2020 – RCVD credit card refunds for Excursions

03/10/2020 – RCVD credit card refund for 25% of cruise fare

03/12/2020 – Princess Announces Phase I cancellation with retroactive refunds

03/12/2020 – Filed Option 2 paperwork and received email receipt

03/19/2020 – IMG email for Travel Insurance Premium Refund if trip cancelled

03/24/2020 – Submitted Request for IMG Insurance Premium Refund

05/15/2020 – RCVD refund on travel insurance purchase on credit card

06/17/2020 – RCVD 75% refund to credit card (transaction actually dated 06/12/2020)

Awaiting FCD on Captain’s Circle Savings Account

• Like 2

On 6/12/2020 at 1:23 PM, CHB007 said:

OK, Called Citi again today and got a rep that was fantastic and filled me in on the real story about negative balance refunds back to checking accounts.  The original 3-5 days I was told was wrong.  That is the case if the amount is less than about $500 (his estimation), there is no review or approval, and it automatically happens in that 3-5 day timeframe.  For my amount (Almost $6k), it requires review and approval by a supervisory manager, two levels up.  I do not know the amount for the first level supervisor approval threshold, somewhere over the $500 estimate but obviously less than $6k.  Today is my 3rd day for the supervisory manager to approve, but as is the case with a lot of things, Covid-19 has impacted their workforce.  After I do get approved, which apparently is not always a certainty, it should then happen in 3-5 days, so my total timeframe might be 13-15 days from my initial request.

On the reward question, I looked at my account and that was deducted from my award balance as soon as it hit as a credit, so that is not the hold-up, the amount of the transfer is the only issue.

Update: Princess refund (13k+) was posted to account on June 4.  It showed on app on June 9 and I called Citi and requested full credit to my bank.  

Called today for progress report.  

Was approved yesterday. "Watch for it soon"

HOWEVER, they deducted my balance due (2K) from the the credit due as my due date was yesterday, which is what I asked them not to do so my paper trail for accounting was clear. (I pay off my card monthly).

Had nice lady trying to resolve, but was disconnected at the 16:30 minute as she talked to people.

Call back got me a guy who could do nothing and said nothing could be done. 

End story - I'm whole and have a 25% FCC to boot, but disappointed in Citi not handling it as I asked.  If you are in same position with CC, be aware.

BofA Rewards card keeps telling me they can beat Costco Citi - may have to check further.  Think the previous Costco Amex was a tad easier to deal with, in retrospect. 

• Thanks 1

Twice I requested refunds of FCDs I had paid for last August.  The first request for $600 took 80+ days.  My 2nd request for a $200 refund was placed on May 18th and I received the credit back to my credit card today.  Much improved service from Princess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jimmieg said:

It showed on app on June 9 and I called Citi and requested full credit to my bank.  

Called today for progress report.  

My update on this is similar, The money finally showed up this morning in my checking account, but it also was not the entire amount I requested on June 2 when it first appeared on my Costco Citi Card balance.  They deducted last month's payment and all credit card charges up to the date it was approved, which was supposed to be last Friday, the last day of the three day high level manager approval window.  Maybe that is the ploy, refund less if it takes longer and the negative balance is used up more.  Not really an issue, I would have had to pay the larger balance anyway, but a little irritating that they were not more forthright on the duration of the process.  Just glad this is finally all complete and I have the money in hand.  It took 70 days for Princess and another 14 days from Citi Card.  Pandemic = Patience Required

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, ccrain said:

Credit Card Refunds Fully Processed - Details Below

04/06/2020 -Coral Princess – Panama Canal Departure Date

12/30/2019 - Purchased iTraveledInsured (IMG) From Squaremouth

01/02/2020 - Final Payment Date

03/02/2020 - Excursions Reserved and Paid For

03/05/2020 – New Princess Cancellation Policy – FCC for 100% of Cancellation Amount

03/10/2020 – Cancelled Cruise (75% penalty phase)

03/10/2020 – RCVD credit card refunds for Excursions

03/10/2020 – RCVD credit card refund for 25% of cruise fare

03/12/2020 – Princess Announces Phase I cancellation with retroactive refunds

03/12/2020 – Filed Option 2 paperwork and received email receipt

03/19/2020 – IMG email for Travel Insurance Premium Refund if trip cancelled

03/24/2020 – Submitted Request for IMG Insurance Premium Refund

05/15/2020 – RCVD refund on travel insurance purchase on credit card

06/17/2020 – RCVD 75% refund to credit card (transaction actually dated 06/12/2020)

Awaiting FCD on Captain’s Circle Savings Account

UPDATE

06/17/2020 - FCDs deposited into Captain's Circle Savings Account

Everything promised has been delivered.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally, money is back in our credit card account.

We cancelled the March 21st cruise (Caribbean Princess, 14 days) on March 10th, one day before Princess started cancellations.  Since we cancelled the day before Princess started cancelling, the Princess insurance kicked in and we were refunded the next day for most of the airfare and taxes and port fees.  The following day we got the money back for excursions we had paid for. When Princess announced the cancellations, we initially chose Option 1 and a week later decided Option 2 made more sense as we had a lot of money sitting out there as we had upgraded to a Suite.  Last week I suddenly noticed the future cruise deposit suddenly showed up on the Personalize Page and yesterday the balance of our cruise fare was on our credit card and this afternoon 100% of our fare shows as a future cruise credit on our Personalizer Page.   

It does look and sound like Princess is finally starting to get refunds processed, but it has been a long wait.  Good Luck to everyone.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

They had said the refunds would be processed in the order of the cruise date. 

Our cruise date was June 27, but even though it was canceled in early April, & I asked for the refund then-probably will be waiting a long time.