Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

I have been reading all the above and hoping that I would have some good news soon, we were due to take Coral princess from Buenos Aires to Fort Lauderdale on 19th March, we heard whilst enjoying the sights to Buenos Aires that our cruise was cancelled, made our way back to the UK finally.  So far we have had an email from Princess accepting that they owe us for the extra for our return flights and taxi, £530+ and that we would be getting the cheque in due course, didn't mention weeks or days etc.  also had a FCC which is wrong, three different people at Princess admit that the amount is wrong and will get it sorted. Still waiting, over 100 days since we were cancelled. 

Perhaps we will get it sorted out before the new brochure comes out!!

Cruise date - 4th April 

Pacific Princess - World Cruise Sector - Cape Town to Fort Lauderdale

Cancelled by Princess 12th March - selected option 2 

FCC credited as goodwill - 22nd May 

OBC for unused credit from previous cruise ($88) credited approx 29th May

CC payment in full (except for FCD of £150) showed up today - this included cruise fare, business class EZ airfare, Princess + package.  Pre-paid excursions were booked using a debit card - not showing yet, but expect this will be next! 

We live in the UK and used a TA

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ttewoh said:

So far we have had an email from Princess accepting that they owe us for the extra for our return flights and taxi, £530+ and that we would be getting the cheque in due course,

When was the email - we heard from them  on  Wed 10 June and received a Chq on the 12 June - maybe we just hit lucky with a chq run. If the email has been some time back I would chase it up.  We were not on your cruise.

Edited by Aulanis

3 hours ago, Coral said:

Wow - September has been refunded and they are still working on March.

Congrats!

I researched this over lunch. I paid Big Box TA $1,304 and change after I transferred the cruise to BB TA, I paid Princess $100 deposit on credit card #1.

I received the $1,304 I paid on credit card #2, my $100 deposit is not here yet but I am guessing it will pop up in the next few days. the $100 is an older charge than the $1,304

A-

• Like 1

Well, the first step has finally happened ..........

This just now appeared in my Captains Circle account

Used For Goodwill Fccs 06/22/20 Book By 05/01/22 Active $$$$$$$$$ (USD)

They are finally getting to us "In-Transit" passengers.

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Cruise Official End March 1, 2020

Disembarked Fremantle, Australia March 21, 2020

Refund Choice Form Submitted Apr 5, 2020

Still awaiting cash $$$$$$$ refund to credit card and Bottomline check for "refundable" OBC from my folio

Edited by hpeabody
  • Like 5

Our long wait is finally over, we managed to speak to a supervisor 10 days ago  had our excursions refunded a week ago (day83) and were told the rest of our refund had been released last Friday, the money hit our accounts today (day 90). For those still waiting be persistent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, hpeabody said:

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Still awaiting cash $$$$$$$ refund to credit card and Bottomline check for "refundable" OBC from my folio

Congratulations, Holly! I received my FCC for this voyage today as well, and so have 2 others I've heard from. Still awaiting all forms of cash: cruise fare refund, OBC refund, and airfare reimbursement. Day 93 since we disembarked.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That is good new, I was also on that cruise. Did you select option 1 or 2?  I picked option 2, but now I don't remember what that actually meant I was supposed to get.  Anybody know What the options for the World Cruise mean?

Caribbean Princess sailing March 21

Cancelled by Princess March 12

Completed Refund request March 16---Option2

FCC's credited on my circle savings account over 6 weeks ago.

FCC's amount changed about 3 weeks ago at which point received e-mail from Princess stating they were available.

They  automatically applied some of the FCC's to a booking I have for March 2021 ( I neither requested nor expected this)and I have some additional FCC's listed as "active".  

The math for the FCC's does not compute and still nothing refunded to the credit card ( waiting for refund on taxes, port fees and pre-paid gratuities).

I also have a booking for a cruise sailing January 2, 2021.  Found it interesting that the FCC's they applied to a future cruise were for the March 2021 sailing and not the Jan 2021 one.  Are they perhaps thinking of extending the No- sailing date even further???Still hopeful this will be resolved soon, but thoroughly frustrated and dissatisfied with the process.

Like someone said earlier "crickets"!!!

• Like 1

We were booked on a 28-night cruise departing May 30. We cancelled on Mar 15, when our cancellation penalty was 50% that should have been refunded as FCC. We started the CC dispute process through Chase on May 1 for the final payment, which could be done online. That was resolved in about two weeks. We then disputed the deposit and two shore excursions, which required a call but no other documentation. The shore-ex resolved in a week, and the deposit resolved in about four weeks. We ended up with all of our money back and no FCC.

• Thanks 1

For those waiting for Princess to refund?  More power to ya.

I just got refunded for June 6 cruise on cc.  Turns out it was from my dispute & Not Princess

doing the refunding like we all hope for....

So today I mailed the dispute documentation to cc, to get refund going for Sept. cancelled cruise. 

I'm Not waiting for P for that one either....probably be Christmastime.....🤨

• Like 1

We had a great weekend, Princess Credit-wise. I'm not sure when the FCC's were deposited back into our account from our cancelled Alaska cruise, but they showed up Friday!! I had stopped doing my daily checks because it was too depressing. Then on Sunday, there was a credit pending for our pre-purchased items on the AMEX- our specialty dining and things for the room. Today they show as posted on Friday, but the credits were not pending Friday or Saturday. So that's weird.  I am happy they came through as I got worried when the cruise dropped off from my upcoming cruises and all I had was my printed Travel Summary. 

Now waiting on our cancelled September cruise. I know some people have a lot of cruises they are waiting on for credits. I just wanted to share that Princess is slowly moving through the refund process. 

• Like 2

Good to see that more cruisers are finally receiving refunds, FCC's, etc.  Congrats to those that have gotten their money back and hoping the rest of you waiting will soon see positive results coming your way.

We still await FCC's for our May 17th cruise, but at least received the bulk of our refunds/FCC's that we were expecting.

Everyone hang in there!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, hpeabody said:

Details:

Pacific Princess.

Embarked Jan 20, 2020

Previous FCCs posts have said sail by 5/1/22. Book by is a big improvement.

12 hours ago, Aulanis said:

When was the email - we heard from them  on  Wed 10 June and received a Chq on the 12 June - maybe we just hit lucky with a chq run. If the email has been some time back I would chase it up.  We were not on your cruise.

Glad to hear you have received your promised cheque, we had an email from Anna Barnes, Guest Services on 11th June, saying that the cheque has been requested and will be sent in due course.  I feel yet another telephone call coming on.... I would like this refund to be sorted as we have a cruise booked for November which I expect will be cancelled as its due to go to Australia. At the moment I am chasing two P &O cruises, one Hollandamerica cruise and this Princess one. 

On 6/12/2020 at 3:39 PM, Italy52 said:

Just got my refund for the cruise fare today 23 Jun.  

23 May Vancouver-Whittier and then the return 30 May.  Grand Princess

We submitted Option 2 the day after they were cancelled by princess.

Still waiting for refund of excursions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

From the frying pan into the fire...

Got most of our refund from Princess (missing about $350) back on 3 cards. We had filed disputes on all 3 cards.  It was a large amount and now we are having some trouble getting 2 of the cards to pay us back. 

One card (Bank of America) sent a check and it was received only 5 days after we asked for it.  Good for them, now my new favorite card. 

Citi Double Cash is waiting 3 more weeks before they issue a credit back to my checking account. 

Capital One, although they got the credit from Princess, will not issue my refund until Princess responds to the dispute.  Stupid - and it might result in a double credit for us since right now the account shows a double credit balance.  Wouldn't that be nice?

Anyone else have these issues?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, tpbrownec said:

That is good new, I was also on that cruise. Did you select option 1 or 2?  I picked option 2, but now I don't remember what that actually meant I was supposed to get.  Anybody know What the options for the World Cruise mean?

Here's the last of the 3 different letters they gave us onboard, which shows the final compensation offer.

Final Comp Offer from Princess 2020-03-19.pdf

Thanks! 

Looks like the FCCs has been credited to our accounts.  

Now to wait for the cash: 

- Refunds in amount equal to FCC

- Onboard account balance return ( which is quite large due to cancelled excursions)

- Travel expenses submitted in April for baggage and meals on way to US from Australia

1 hour ago, LDVinNC said:

Capital One, although they got the credit from Princess, will not issue my refund until Princess responds to the dispute.  Stupid - and it might result in a double credit for us since right now the account shows a double credit balance.  Wouldn't that be nice?

My double credit from Chase disappeared after about a week. I have not asked for a refund yet.