Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

5 hours ago, JRICHD said:

Is anyone else encountering difficulty in receiving a refund from Princess?  My Alaska cruise was cancelled on 4/15, I immediately requested a refund instead of a future cruise credit and received a confirmation email.  I called on June 3 and was informed there was an error, my request was coded as FCC instead of refund.  June 22, called again and was informed my refund was being processed.  I just called again today and the agent told me that on July 7 the status was changed back to FCC.  Now I wait 7-10 business days for that change to 'process' and then begin the waiting period all over again to receive my refund.  This is obviously not unintentional, I can forgive 1 mistake, but 3?  Never, ever, again.

I would also dispute the charges with your credit card. This is ridiculous!

The end might actually be in sight for my client...maybe! Called Princess yesterday as they had told me a week ago that this was being escalated and someone would be in touch. I spoke to a rep who said she could see the FCCs and was able to give me the numbers and amounts! She said they had just been created and would appear on the account within 10 days. The amounts were a little more than I had calculated for some reason, but not arguing about that at this point! The airfare refund still hadn't been processed, but she confirmed the amount and it was correct - told me she would escalate it. Lol. I think this booking has been escalated 6 times now - I think that term is Princess speak for "go to the back of the line"....

This was for a March 14th sailing...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Still no progress on my personal booking - truth be told, I don't even bother with Princess any more. I have temp credits on my cards so will get my money back one way or another! My FCCs got applied to my March sailing, that I don't think will actually sail....

42 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Still no progress on my personal booking - truth be told, I don't even bother with Princess any more. I have temp credits on my cards so will get my money back one way or another! My FCCs got applied to my March sailing, that I don't think will actually sail....

I've been following your odyssey and so sorry you have lost faith as have I

• Like 3

14 July at 1730 received an email from UK TA confirming refund amount (which is correct and inc Princess booked flights) will be refunded to my credit card - just waiting for it to show up online now.

14 April 2020 cruise cancelled by Princess (Crown Princess 23 May 2020, Europe).

I have not chased Princess or filed a CC dispute, just waited patiently. 🤨

Airfare cancellation costs of $800 refunded by cheque,  received today. Waited 5 months. My cruise was 15 March Diamond Princess. Passengers on this cancelled cruise only received 25% fcc and full refund which was received within 2 weeks of cancellation in February.

Good luck to all those still waiting for refunds. Cunard took 3 months to refund fares and out of pocket expenses for my cruise booked after Diamond Princess was cancelled. That cruise was cancelled the day before departure.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hooray!  Finally the day has come when we have our refund

Cash  Expenses  & Fccs   99% sure they have paid our  Fees & Tax in  FCCs which is not great  (wrong in my opinion) but  acceptable.

In no specific order thanks to   @Coral  @ceilidh1   @Italy52  @Ombud  @LDVinNC @dog     for  your company on this epic journey.    In hindsight  a  separate thread for each princess ship might have been a good plan.   I also wish I had kept a copy of all the stuff  posted on here and on Princess site as it  became available from Princess, it took a while  to realise that they were  amending  advisories  but keeping the same date  so impossible to tell what changed or exactly when.

Problem now is what to  do next if/when  we are allowed by Princess/ Insurance/ Doctors/Governments/ Port authorities.

Are people who book now doing so without insurance? & 

if with insurance what will it cover if your .Gov doesnt allow travel for leisure purposes.  ( I will ask this in the Ins board)

It doesnt exist in the UK but are princess still doing insurance  for their cruises in the US?

If you are over 65/70/75 /85 and your booking is accepted what happens if they decide it is too risky after you have booked flights  tours and hotels.

So pleased for you, there is hope for me yet with our refund think it's 153 days today Sapphire Princess 1st March, we received our FCC about 14 days ago, which I/m sure is not enough but as booked through a T/A hard to quantify, and as our T/A doesn't seem to be working can't check.

20 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hooray!  Finally the day has come when we have our refund

Cash  Expenses  & Fccs   99% sure they have paid our  Fees & Tax in  FCCs which is not great  (wrong in my opinion) but  acceptable.

Woo Hoo!!!! Congrats!!!!!! Long journey. Relax now.....

19 hours ago, JRICHD said:

Is anyone else encountering difficulty in receiving a refund from Princess?  My Alaska cruise was cancelled on 4/15, I immediately requested a refund instead of a future cruise credit and received a confirmation email.  I called on June 3 and was informed there was an error, my request was coded as FCC instead of refund.  June 22, called again and was informed my refund was being processed.  I just called again today and the agent told me that on July 7 the status was changed back to FCC.  Now I wait 7-10 business days for that change to 'process' and then begin the waiting period all over again to receive my refund.  This is obviously not unintentional, I can forgive 1 mistake, but 3?  Never, ever, again.

Welcome to the club that no one wants to be in. Intentionally trying to (successfully) delay reimbursement. If you have a paper trail I would suggest sending a copy to your bank to dispute the charge

Edited by Ombud

2 hours ago, pines46 said:

So pleased for you, there is hope for me yet with our refund think it's 153 days today Sapphire Princess 1st March, we received our FCC about 14 days ago, which I/m sure is not enough but as booked through a T/A hard to quantify, and as our T/A doesn't seem to be working can't check.

Hi again - I have been looking at your old roll call  people were getting refunds

around the time  you should have sailed.  Not sure how you have been missed.

Can you give us a clue as to your TA?   Like mine sounds like an ice house

another I used to use  is 3 numbers   another cruisecountry.

Regards your FCCs looks like they should be 50% of your base cruise fare.

That is what you paid less the  Port fees and taxes, air fare ,transfers  ,hotel. Did your TA give you a breakdown when you booked.

The 50% is then divided equally between you and your partner  so in YOUR

captains circle you will only see 25%.

If you TA is not contactable I would email Princess and explain you are

getting no info from your TA and can they tell you where they are up to.

They probably wont want to give you numbers (our contact wouldnt)

but they might tell you if  anything has been sent to your TA. 

Quote your Princess booking number  and your cruise number.

the 21day grand adventure on 1 March cruise no looks to be H009A.

But is was also sold as  an 11 day +10 day separate cruises.

If you dont get  satisfaction from your first email to Princess just ask again

and copy in the   UK CEO  (vice president) -  when I did  that and suggested my next step would be  a small claims court  claim the CEOs office  rang within an hour!

Headed my email - Waiting xxx days since  (date) for our refund.

If they say they have sent the money to your TA I suggest you contact ABTA.    They too seem to be bombed out but if your

TA goes under  it will be ABTA who have to pay up. (I think)

Edited by Aulanis

JRICHD - I am in the same situation.  I have a confirmation from Princess of my refund request, but when I called they said oops, they had me scheduled for an FCC.  Have already filed a dispute with my credit card company.   This was also for an Alaska cruise tour, scheduled to begin on May 18th. 

15 hours ago, Aulanis said:

Hi again - I have been looking at your old roll call  people were getting refunds

around the time  you should have sailed.  Not sure how you have been missed.

Can you give us a clue as to your TA?   Like mine sounds like an ice house

another I used to use  is 3 numbers   another cruisecountry.

Regards your FCCs looks like they should be 50% of your base cruise fare.

That is what you paid less the  Port fees and taxes, air fare ,transfers  ,hotel. Did your TA give you a breakdown when you booked.

The 50% is then divided equally between you and your partner  so in YOUR

captains circle you will only see 25%.

If you TA is not contactable I would email Princess and explain you are

getting no info from your TA and can they tell you where they are up to.

They probably wont want to give you numbers (our contact wouldnt)

but they might tell you if  anything has been sent to your TA. 

Quote your Princess booking number  and your cruise number.

the 21day grand adventure on 1 March cruise no looks to be H009A.

But is was also sold as  an 11 day +10 day separate cruises.

If you dont get  satisfaction from your first email to Princess just ask again

and copy in the   UK CEO  (vice president) -  when I did  that and suggested my next step would be  a small claims court  claim the CEOs office  rang within an hour!

Headed my email - Waiting xxx days since  (date) for our refund.

If they say they have sent the money to your TA I suggest you contact ABTA.    They too seem to be bombed out but if your

TA goes under  it will be ABTA who have to pay up. (I think)

Hi

I have phoned Princess UK over the months and was told early June it had been escalated, I think that's how we had the FCC, I have now gone to our credit card, but as its over 90 days I don't know if we will be covered, waiting to hear on that. I am going to try phoning Princess again, but as booked through Cruise2 Princess will only tell me so much. Thanks for all your advice, I will email UK CEO

We are due to sail November booked with same T/A on Regal, Singapore to OZ so I am expecting that to be cancelled in the near future.

Do you know in the UK if we are able to transfer bookings  made to future years, which seems to be possible in USA, would love to do the November cruise in 2021 or 2022?

2 hours ago, pines46 said:

Hi

I have phoned Princess UK over the months and was told early June it had been escalated, I think that's how we had the FCC, I have now gone to our credit card, but as its over 90 days I don't know if we will be covered, waiting to hear on that. I am going to try phoning Princess again, but as booked through Cruise2 Princess will only tell me so much. Thanks for all your advice, I will email UK CEO

We are due to sail November booked with same T/A on Regal, Singapore to OZ so I am expecting that to be cancelled in the near future.

Do you know in the UK if we are able to transfer bookings  made to future years, which seems to be possible in USA, would love to do the November cruise in 2021 or 2022?

Credit card is probably the way to go BUT  it depends on if the payment was made to Princess or to the TA  - check on your statement. 

We couldnt do it as our TA stopped taking credit cards when  europe said  retailers could no longer make a charge. Debit card payment goes to TA then they pay Cruise line. 

ceo address I used was tonyroberts@princesscruises.co.uk    and whilst I dont know for sure he got it , at least it was not rejected.

I am pretty sure you cant transfer a booking  as they seem able to in the US.

I keep having a go at princess over  their "International Sales Initiative"   we never seem to get deals as good as in the US   (even allowing for their advertised prices not includung Port Fees)   Even the latest offer  where we can pay  £35  pp pd  and it includes drinks & grats   the daily charge in the US for the same thing is a few dollars PP PD less  at current exchange rates.

They also have  freephone number and even a chat line on the website.

So  normally you would have to cancel  a booking and lose the deposit and rebook in order to change a booking.  I tried it once when there was a  few hundred pound price drop  on a cruise but losing the deposit ( which doesnt usually happen in the US if before final payment)  made it not worth the effort.

So  In these abnormal times I would  wait and see if Princess cancel and see what offer they come up with.  

I recalled seeing on our TA site  something about more flexibility  and looks as though you could transfer  a cruise to  a year hence BUT that offer may have finished so when you next email Princess  I would mention you were wondering about

moving it forward and see what they say.  ( nothing to lose by asking) if you look HERE 

"   PRINCESS

New Cancellation Policy

Cruise with Confidence - For customers who have bookings sailing until 10th May 2020, you can rebook on an alternative sailing and receive a generous Future Cruise Credit as below.

• Sailings departing 12th March to 25th March - 225% FCC
  • Sailings departing 26th March to 8th April - 175% FCC
  • Sailings departing 9th April to 10th May - 150% FCC

Cancel up to 48 hours prior for cruises sailing between 11th May and 31st July 2020 to receive a 100% FCC

Cancel up to 30 days prior for cruises sailing between 1st August and 15th October 2020 to receive a 100% FCC

Beginning 16th October 2020, the final payment date returns to the published policy as before. "

you can see what  they were offering.

Whilst they say you could have transferred the cruise , price may have gone up BUT that would probably have been covered by the FCC they gave in addition.

For the first time in  6 years we  had no cruises booked  after our March one  as we couldnt decide where to go.  Then Covid decided for us  -nowhere !!   LOL.

Edited by Aulanis

I know Princess has given up on estimated timelines, and have completely given up on honoring prior timelines, but hope still springs eternal. Tomorrow is 90 days since they acknowledged my Option 2 choice, so it seems like a natural day to call them to check in. Not expecting much. I have not bugged them at all, but given what others have posted I should at least make sure I haven’t been “accidentally” put in the FCC group rather than the refund group.  I have received a few reimbursements for pre-paid purchases for some onboard services, but those were cancellations I made before Princess acted, when I saw the writing on the wall. 

We received a full cash refund of our deposit to our CC for a September '20 British Isles cruise exactly 60 days after we canceled over the phone with a Princess rep in April. We were pretty happy!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, lderochi said:

I know Princess has given up on estimated timelines, and have completely given up on honoring prior timelines, but hope still springs eternal. Tomorrow is 90 days since they acknowledged my Option 2 choice, so it seems like a natural day to call them to check in. Not expecting much. I have not bugged them at all, but given what others have posted I should at least make sure I haven’t been “accidentally” put in the FCC group rather than the refund group.  I have received a few reimbursements for pre-paid purchases for some onboard services, but those were cancellations I made before Princess acted, when I saw the writing on the wall. 

Definitely make contact with them and let them know you want your refund processed. I also sat back and waited patiently, however at the 90-day mark when I called, they claimed they didn't know my refund preference. So waiting patiently didn't work in my case 😡. We are now close to the 120-day mark. 

Our experience regarding the return of Future Cruise Deposits (FCD).  We had two cruises booked using FCDs, one for July 25 and the other late Oct 20.  These were cancelled by Princess May 6th.  We understood from their public messages that the FCDs would be returned to our CC accounts.  In late May the FCD's had still not been returned when we booked another cruise with our TA (a big box agent).  The TA was told by Princess that they would hold the booking without deposit for an extended period while awaiting the return of the FCDs.  Between then and now I contacted Princess several times to check on progress.  I received mixed messages including being told that one of the FCDs was being refunded as two times cash as I had requested.   I stated that I had made no such request. 

Within the last 10 days I booked another cruise for Oct 21.  Again the agent was told that the booking would be placed on extended hold while awaiting return of the FCDs.  I spoke again with Princess and got the same "please wait" response.

Yesterday I call the TA (big box store) and asked them to speak to Princess to see if they could move the FCDs to the new bookings.  The TA was on the phone for over two hours with Princess and was referred to several different "departments" each with a significant hold.   In the end she was told that someone had taken action (an email to another department) and the FCDs would be returned to our CC accounts within 48 hours  By PFM the FCDs appeared in our accounts this morning.

Today I again called the TA and had them call Princess to charge the now released FCDs against our new booking.  This was done.  In addition, without my request,  FCCs from a fully paid for cancelled March 21 cruise (2 1/2 X) were applied to the first new cruise resulting in a fully paid for cruise.  By my calculations we are still owed $260 cash refund (taxes & port fees) for the above March cruise.

This was a long and trying process which involved many hours waiting on the phone.

12 hours ago, lderochi said:

Thanks for the information. I too have sat back and waited. Have asked for confirmation that we are on refund list via their online support...too long on hold waiting to speak with a rep. We are 100 days plus since requesting refund..if on the wrong list, possibly 100 days more! My own fault for being patient because they offered the refund.We also had a RCCL cruise cancelled and that was a nightmare to get the refund. Fingers crossed for us all.

My hope may have sprung eternal, but I still have no cash. I called today, on the 90th day since I submitted my refund request (option 2). I was able to confirm that we were not accidentally placed in the FCC basket, so that’s good. And the rep patiently walked through the outstanding refund with me, and the numbers line up. But no, no money yet. The rep told me that based on my sailing date it will “hopefully” be within a few weeks. 🤷‍♂️