Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

5 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If, you received a refund to your gift card, how long did it take for the funds to reload?  I am at the 90 day mark and still waiting. 

So we totally used gift cards for most of our cruise, except the original down payment on credit card.  Total of around $11K for 2 cabins, EZ-Air, & excursions.  At the 90-day mark we received the $3K for all excursions for both cabins back on the gift cards.  At the 116-day mark we received the cruise fare, taxes, & airfare back for around $3,700 back on the gift cards for one of our cabins.  Still waiting on deposit for that booking be put back on credit card.  Also they haven't processed the booking for my husband and I yet for cruise fare, airfare, taxes either.  So although they have done somethings on both bookings, they still haven't completed any booking as of yet.  It's such a mess trying to go through and figuring out which cards are re-loaded, which aren't, which ones were used for FCC.  Good Luck to you on receiving yours, all I can say is to hang-in there and keep checking daily.  I actually didn't look a couple of days and then all of a sudden they appeared.  I was so shocked when I saw the $500 balance instead of the $0.00 on the screen. 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

So we totally used gift cards for most of our cruise, except the original down payment on credit card.  Total of around $11K for 2 cabins, EZ-Air, & excursions.  At the 90-day mark we received the $3K for all excursions for both cabins back on the gift cards.  At the 116-day mark we received the cruise fare, taxes, & airfare back for around $3,700 back on the gift cards for one of our cabins.  Still waiting on deposit for that booking be put back on credit card.  Also they haven't processed the booking for my husband and I yet for cruise fare, airfare, taxes either.  So although they have done somethings on both bookings, they still haven't completed any booking as of yet.  It's such a mess trying to go through and figuring out which cards are re-loaded, which aren't, which ones were used for FCC.  Good Luck to you on receiving yours, all I can say is to hang-in there and keep checking daily.  I actually didn't look a couple of days and then all of a sudden they appeared.  I was so shocked when I saw the $500 balance instead of the $0.00 on the screen. 😂 

Thank you so much for your post --- at least I have some reference to go by. 

Did Princess reload your original gift card?  I have the information on my original and keep checking it --- so depressing to always see "$0" when the screen pops up.

7 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you so much for your post --- at least I have some reference to go by. 

Did Princess reload your original gift card?  I have the information on my original and keep checking it --- so depressing to always see "$0" when the screen pops up.

Yes so far everything has gone back to original cards whether they were physical or e-cards. I always hold on to all cards until after a cruise and keep them all together. However I never anticipated a situation like this happening and wish I had specified which card was used for every transaction. I think I have our daughters cabin figured out and it does seem to be correct with the total amount to be refunded and I am grateful for that!  Just hope they process the other cabin correctly also. I have learned a valuable lesson with this and will never buy anymore gift cards. Just hope I get to use these at some point in the future. Good Luck!

1 minute ago, 13cheermom said:

Yes so far everything has gone back to original cards whether they were physical or e-cards. I always hold on to all cards until after a cruise and keep them all together. However I never anticipated a situation like this happening and wish I had specified which card was used for every transaction. I think I have our daughters cabin figured out and it does seem to be correct with the total amount to be refunded and I am grateful for that!  Just hope they process the other cabin correctly also. I have learned a valuable lesson with this and will never buy anymore gift cards. Just hope I get to use these at some point in the future. Good Luck!

Thanks again for the gift card information.  Fortunately, I did save my original gift card information (thanks to my TAs advice) and I placed it with the reservation marking where the funds went. 

This is my first refund with Princess and I have learned a lot of what not to do in the future.  Once this May cruise if totally processed, I will have another go-around with a August cruise refund.  Best of luck to you.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pompeii said:

I still have the green live chat button all the way at the bottom of the screen next to contact us.  Maybe you need to log in?

The Live Chat seems to come and go. I have tried a few times logging in and it has disappeared, depending on staffing levels, I guess. I will try that route. Is there a way or secret to save the chat logs?

On 7/9/2020 at 8:20 PM, hpeabody said:

Me too, Susan.  This was all on Princess!   AFAIK Princess never contacted N regarding the World Cruise I was on. I never thought about dragging N into this mess.  After I got the FCC I did ask her to request that Princess not randomly apply it to an existing cruise, because I expect the 2 I had booked long ago will get cancelled too. I don't want to go through the worry and waiting for a refund again.  I will not book another cruise and will not pay Princess another dollar for the foreseeable future.

BTW,  I have now received travel expenses, FCC, cash refund to CC, OBC folio refund to CC (not a Bottomline check ?) All that took 104 days.   I have 3 shore excursions currently in dispute with Chase. (Chase has already given me the temporary credit have to wait 30 days for permanent credit)  I will likely appeal / re request the 1 item they denied on my travel expenses because it turns out a fellow passenger was reimbursed for same. 

I have received NOTHING for my Pause 2 cancelled Sept, 2020 Sky cruise.  I think that is now coming up on 60 days waiting.

Holly, I am glad that you are at least making some headway.  I hope the rest of it comes through very soon!   
Fingers crossed!🤞  Keep in touch!

6 hours ago, redtop101 said:

The Live Chat seems to come and go. I have tried a few times logging in and it has disappeared, depending on staffing levels, I guess. I will try that route. Is there a way or secret to save the chat logs?

Yes, the Live Chat does seem to come and go --- keep trying and you will get a connection --- I have used this function twice.  As for saving the chat, I just cut and paste the conversation into Word and keep a copy for myself --- I date the conversation so I know when contact was made.  In the chat, the representative always identified herself so I knew who I dealt with.  As for logging in, I never had to do that, I just went to the bottom of the Princess page where "Live Chat" appeared and clicked on that tab.  It took a minute or two before a representative came on and then I began to type my question.

• Thanks 1

Thank Heavens For Cruise Critic

Have just successfully used the Live Chat option, to be told, YES, my previous request for Refund had gone to the default option of FCC. Princess Rep changed my request status whilst we "chatted" but could't tell me if I needed to start the waiting game from the bottom of the list again.. already been over 100 days. Thanks to the tip,  copied the chat onto a word document & will speak with the bank tomorrow to see if not too late to request a chargeback...

For any of you like me who had been patiently waiting you might like to read her statement quoted below:

17:16 [Cassandra] Yeah there was an issue where even if people had sent their requests but it never got received on our end.

12 hours ago, redtop101 said:

As others have said, copy and paste works fine.  I right click and save as to my desktop.  Mine say "Live Chat Transcript" and the date and time at the top, so I don't need to add that information.  You can also open up the chat box by using the "popout" button at the top, the square with the arrow.  Makes it a little easier to read.

Well, Live Chat was a waste of time! Agent could not confirm dollar amounts still to be refunded after waiting125 days. I was told I have to contact my TA as she could not access dollar amounts, even though Princess refunded all my FCC's to the penny on June 1st 2020 and my "simple" transactions paid by my TA to Princess at final payment all went from TA to Princess on my credit card, they cannot tell me the amounts I am missing to be returned back to cc for taxes/port fees, Princess Platinum Protection.

BTW I could not access Live Chat using Safari on my laptop, even though it was available on my iPad and voila, it appeared when I switch to MS Edge on the laptop.

22 hours ago, redtop101 said:

.... I was told I have to contact my TA as she could not access dollar amounts, ...

Yeah, they told me that last month too, and my very experienced TA could not believe that’s what they are telling people.  The TAs know what you paid, but have no way to know what the actual refund amounts are. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Yeah, they told me that last month too, and my very experienced TA could not believe that’s what they are telling people.  The TAs know what you paid, but have no way to know what the actual refund amounts are. 

So, climb aboard the amazing Princess Merry-go-Round. Fun for everyone as you get dizzy going around in circles between the Princess Circus and your very caught-in- between TA, with me getting squished like a gnat in the middle. 

• Like 1

Day 118 - been over 3 week since my credit card refund was issued (yeah), still waiting on FCC and the check from the credit card company (requested 9 days ago, said it would take up to 21 days to get the check).  Did chat with the agent online Friday.  Cut and pasted the "FFC standard statement".  Keep hoping this will be the week!  

5 hours ago, cherylandtk said:

I have used Chat twice before and got some answers.  Today, I was checking on our port taxes/fees and $50 gift card refund and was told the same thing --- check with TA and something had been refunded but could not tell me squat as I was working with a TA.  The items I was checking on are now 96 days since cancellation by Princess.  I guess I will be calling my TA and see if she knows anything as I see nothing for gift card or with my credit card.

Here’s what the chairman of Carnival Corp said yesterday about “everything” they are doing To protect their workers and how they “value” their cruisers:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/carnival-ceo-arnold-donald-we-are-doing-what-we-need-to-do-to-start-cruising-214553019.html

it’s almost funny if it weren’t for all the laid off workers, hopeless call center reps and these of us still waiting for refunds, fcc and shipboard credits. 

2 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

And here comes Pause Four.  Meanwhile, many others in prior Pauses and earlier are still awaiting their refunds.

I'm sure pause 4 will get their refund before I get mine from March...sigh

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

It’s just not right, or fair. 🙁

That's why I am tired of waiting patiently and being nice.  I will start calling them every few days and keep bugging them until they finish up the other cabin for my cancelled cruise.  I told the gift card department today, it's a nightmare trying to figure out which cards they decided to re-load, or use for FCC, since they never even notify you they are done processing your refund.  We had over 20 cards because of a large 2-cabin booking.  But it's ridiculous all of the posts I keep reading that everyone has to check everyday just to see if there is a glimmer of hope they are working on your refund.  I agree this additional pause is going to cause more delays for those of us that slipped through the cracks back in March. 🥵

Here we go again!!

Princess Cruises(from their FBook page)

3h · 

IMPORTANT UPDATE: Due to the continued progression of COVID-19 and related decisions of governments, health authorities, and airlines regarding travel restrictions, we are extending our pause in global ship operations. All cruises sailing in Australia are cancelled through October 31. All other sailings are cancelled through December 15. More details can be found on their Princess website.

Edited by EZ1

10 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

I'm sure pause 4 will get their refund before I get mine from March...sigh

Pause 4 people have until August 31 top decide if they want cash refund or double deposit FCC.

So I would not expect any Pause 4 refunds/FCCs to be issued before then.

Hopefully by August 31 they will have been able to process all Pause 1,2,3 refunds FCCs.

Update...at day 134---FINALLY received FCC for 2nd cancelled May, 2020 cruise!  Just logged in this AM and found posted to our accounts sometime later yesterday (I check at least twice daily).  Very relieved, especially now after another pause has been announced and was worried we'd get lost in the shuffle with the latest round of refunds/FCC's.

• Like 1

Cruise: May 17 2020 Sky Princess rt Copenhagen

We cancelled our reservation March 23

Princess Pause II cancelled voyage April 14

Received CC refunds earlier this month for 1 fare, and for all prepaid excursions 

Received FCC for 1 fare today July 24

So we are 100% whole, only took 123 days.    

• Like 1

WOO WHO!  Day 121 and the correct FFC has been deposited and the credit balance - refund check from the credit card is in the mail!  So about 90 days for the credit card credit, another 21 days after that for the refund check and 120 plus days for the FCC.

Thank you Princess, I know what this has been a tough road but your honesty with me helped me keep the faith.  Now, next steps. . .stay healthy, get the vaccine, plan a cruise for next year!

Happy Friday everyone!

• Like 3