Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Interesting to read all the responses, and thanks everyone.  It seems that there are a lot of differences, some of them possibly based on country of residence.  Those you in Australia seem to be in the same situation as me - no money refunded and no sign of FCC on my Princess Account.  I’ll keep waiting - if anyone in Aus actually gets anything back it would be great to know - I will also share.  Meanwhile wishing health and access to victuals to you all. 

Edited by lahore
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cowboyfan5 said:

Can someone walk me through the steps to see if my FCC have been added to my account. I have logged in on Princess to my account but I’m struggling to find where to look. Thanks 

Sign in

Click on my account>My account>Home>My Profile>Circle Savings account.

• Like 1

On February 5th we cancelled our Diamond Princess B2B April 2020 cruises.

We received a partial credit card refund on the first one, minus the cancellation fee that they said they would refund by check which we never got, and as of Friday still no refund at all on the second cruise. I have called and they said it would take time.

Some how we got the 25% future cruise credit for both which we applied to our 2 future cruises.

Very confusing.

Edited by gvre
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

I canceled last Monday and the Personalizer is still showing me as booked!  The deposit was a FCC so nothing needed to be refunded to credit card.

My May cruise is also still showing as booked but we just cancelled Thursday morning, looking forward to people positing when they start receiving refunds. Hopefully won’t be more than a week or two. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pzazzz said:

Submitted on line form for April 4 cruise refund on 3/9.... no response or confirmation yet.  

May want to resubmit the form.

Someone on the other thread about how long it takes to get the confirmation email, as he did not get it, was told to resubmit - then he got the confirmation almost immediately.

Reading on that thread it seems when submission is successful, i.e. being accepted by the system,  the confirmation email came within 5 minutes.  Longer than that, chances of the submission failed to get thru the system is very high - as any automatic response system should generate a no-reply email right away, or no more than 10-15 min, from the time the request is made.  Beyond that,  we can conclude the submission failed. 

I sent the request about 15 min ago.  The site just redirected me to Princess home page after I click the SUBMIT button.   Nothing has come.  I will resubmit if in the next hour there is still nothing coming back.

I dont much care when the FCC will show up.  But I very much want to get a confirmation email so I know Princess has received my request!

Edited by nho9504
added comment

38 minutes ago, nho9504 said:

I sent the request about 15 min ago.  The site just redirected me to Princess home page after I click the SUBMIT button.   Nothing has come.  I will resubmit if in the next hour there is still nothing coming back.

I dont much care when the FCC will show up.  But I very much want to get a confirmation email so I know Princess has received my request!

I submitted mine today and it did take awhile. I want to say 30-45 minutes.

2 hours ago, Pzazzz said:

Submitted on line form for April 4 cruise refund on 3/9.... no response or confirmation yet.  

Same here. Chose option 2 for our April 4th cruise and have not seen any confirmation or response. 

50 minutes ago, Coral said:

I submitted mine today and it did take awhile. I want to say 30-45 minutes.

Thanks Coral.

it did eventually come, about 40 min after submission.   This makes it easier for me to communicate to the loyalty travel booking service from our bank. 

Give it a few days then I will send the agent attachments of Princess policy, our chosen option (2), and Princess confirmation of receipt, together with the original booking confirmation sent by the loyalty travel service that shows the $ and the equivalent points used.  Just try to make things easier for the agent to work it through.   The less legwork they need to do, the quicker they can look for the $ refunded by Princess, thus in turn return the points to us.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 12:15 PM, PrincessLuver said:

Do people know if we took Option #2 for full cash refund if we are going to get our money back from Princess for buying Princess Vacation Package.  We were on a long cruise and it costs us over $800 and when I go to my cruise personalizer and pull up the canceled booking it looks like they are working on it and have it zeroed out and is not now included in part of the trip

the amount of money I paid.  

It seems like we should get it back if Princess canceled the cruise?

I agree ... 

21 hours ago, BigGuy25 said:

I canceled last Monday and the Personalizer is still showing me as booked!  The deposit was a FCC so nothing needed to be refunded to credit card.

And my personalized shows my Future cruise deposits were used in a cruise booking that no longer exists. It will take weeks I suspect for it all to sort out. 

• Like 1

On 3/14/2020 at 6:12 AM, dearinger said:

Forgive me if the answer to this is buried in one of those threads with a thousand replies..

Has anyone seen a refund for EZ-Air? I read the FAQ several times (granted maybe it has been updated?) but I didn’t see if Princess would auto refund that after I choose my preference via form. I didn’t submit a reimbursement request for it since it is tied to my cancelled cruise. 

Yes so far I got half my EZ air back on CC

I started process mar  6 Using PVP AON Insurance for other half then wheels fell off bus mar 12 with princess cancelling so I started again. 

I cancelled 7 day on Sky on April 4.   Resubmitted my request this morning for a refund and finally got a confirmation that Princess received request.  Hopefully request will be processed sooner that later....

So i called Princess on the off chance I might get someone this morning and I was able to get through very quickly, which was a nice surprise. I explained to the agent that I filled out the form, read the FAQ, but haven't heard an exact answer on Ez-Air. She saw that I booked through a travel agent and immediately shut down and wouldn't answer a single question for me. She just kept saying "Call your travel agent". I didn't book Ez-Air through my travel agent, I booked it through Princess. I was incredibly polite and nice to this woman and she started yelling at me. I empathized with her situation but wanted to make sure I followed the process correctly...and she hung up on me. 

All I want to know is, should I go in and cancel my EZ-Air myself or should I let them do it. When I click the button it tells me there will be a $840 dollar fee if I do it. I am still within the 45 day window (actually 58 days) which is why I am concerned. I don't want it to go past that and I missed a step. 

I called my travel agent and they said I needed to call Princess (which was what I expected). So, I am kind of stuck and unsure what I need to do next. I filled out my form to cancel my cruise, ask for a refund for my hotel, ask for a refund for upgraded air seats, but never mentioned the flights. 

Suggestions? 

I cancelled my cruise on March 6th. I cancelled my shore excursions first and did receive that in a refund. I am still waiting for a refund on everything else.

I think we have to wait and be patient on refunds. They had a lot to do with Diamond and Sapphire, and now 60 days of people sailing.

14 minutes ago, dearinger said:

So i called Princess on the off chance I might get someone this morning and I was able to get through very quickly, which was a nice surprise. I explained to the agent that I filled out the form, read the FAQ, but haven't heard an exact answer on Ez-Air. She saw that I booked through a travel agent and immediately shut down and wouldn't answer a single question for me. She just kept saying "Call your travel agent". I didn't book Ez-Air through my travel agent, I booked it through Princess. I was incredibly polite and nice to this woman and she started yelling at me. I empathized with her situation but wanted to make sure I followed the process correctly...and she hung up on me. 

All I want to know is, should I go in and cancel my EZ-Air myself or should I let them do it. When I click the button it tells me there will be a $840 dollar fee if I do it. I am still within the 45 day window (actually 58 days) which is why I am concerned. I don't want it to go past that and I missed a step. 

I called my travel agent and they said I needed to call Princess (which was what I expected). So, I am kind of stuck and unsure what I need to do next. I filled out my form to cancel my cruise, ask for a refund for my hotel, ask for a refund for upgraded air seats, but never mentioned the flights. 

Suggestions? 

I am purely guessing but if you cancel your cruise, your EZ Air will be cancelled also. I am in the same "boat" also.

I noticed that my Future Cruise Deposit is still showing as applied to a cruise that I cancelled March 5th.I did receive my 50% back on my credit card. a couple of days after canceling. As per what Princess instructions was at that time was apply through AON for the balance. I did that.Waiting on that and was told could take at least 30 days. Not holding my breathe, whenever it happens , fine with me.

Usually when canceling the FCD goes back in our account as active and adds to the others we have, but ours hasn't. When I was trying to figure out the credit I got, I was short $200.00 and now I figured it was because the FCD was never credited back.

Again, not worrying, just thought it automatically happens.

I cancelled on the day last week when Princess announced the 60 day shutdown.

i purchased my cruise and air through Princess but later assigned it to my travel agent.  

I paid for the cruise/air via checking account but other stuff was paid via charge (excursions, spa stuff, soda, etc).  I’m hoping Princess refunds as paid and doesn’t refund it all to my credit card.

i also have not gotten any confirmation email since submitting the online form.

i contacted my TA to see if she has to cancel it (although the Princess online form did not indicate this).  Still haven’t heard back!

i wish they’d get this going... I want to apply the 25% future cruise credit!   

26 minutes ago, Cruising Forever! said:

I cancelled on the day last week when Princess announced the 60 day shutdown.

i purchased my cruise and air through Princess but later assigned it to my travel agent.  

I paid for the cruise/air via checking account but other stuff was paid via charge (excursions, spa stuff, soda, etc).  I’m hoping Princess refunds as paid and doesn’t refund it all to my credit card.

i also have not gotten any confirmation email since submitting the online form.

i contacted my TA to see if she has to cancel it (although the Princess online form did not indicate this).  Still haven’t heard back!

i wish they’d get this going... I want to apply the 25% future cruise credit!   

Cancellations have to be manually entered. They said to expect 30 days. I would be surprised and pleased if they achieve this. I have no doubt they are working around the clock. 

I doubt they will refund the cruise to your charge card considering how you paid.

• Like 1