Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

Cancelled 2 May cruises on March 11th.   No FCCs have posted yet.  Chose Option #1 on one cruise--so that will be $$ we'll put toward cruise we booked for 2021.  For the 2nd cruise, which had sailing date after May 11,  have received refund to CC.

Am checking Captain's Circle Account every day, but understand it could take awhile.  

I cancelled my November 29th cruise on NCL ENCORE today 03/19/2020.  This is  255 days before the sailing date.  The final payment date is August 1st 2020.  The cruise line said that I will receive a cash refund within 14 days to my credit card.  I am waiting to see this happen.  I will keep you posted.  I do believe the cruise line is in trouble.

8 hours ago, LAS!!1414 said:

I have been checking my Captains Circle account daily and it just appeared yesterday !!!

I have tried and no luck on finding what you are talking about.

When I click on Captains circle all it shows are these choices.

Benefits

Membership FAQ

Standby Program

Terms & Conditions.

How do I access  Captains Circle Account?

I have signed in Personalizer and find nothing to click on.

5 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

my account

under profile drop down go to circle savings account

Here is what I get.

MY Account

My Profile and I click on it.

Here is what it shows.

All are for editing

Profile Info

Login Info

Travel Preferences

Passport details

and the very Next are pictures

recommended for you.

What am I doing wrong? This cannot be the correct page.

3 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

My account

under that go to home and then drop down under profile to circle savings account

3 minutes ago, trvlwrld said:

My account

under that go to home and then drop down under profile to circle savings account

Thank you Thank you. Whenever I clicked on Home all I saw was my next cruises. This time on that page I clicked on MyProfile and then there it was Circle Savings account. Again. Thank you so very much.

I've received some money and FCC back but hard to figure out how they determined the  amounts posted.  I cancelled a 15 March and 30 March cruise on 9 March through my TA.  That day had two credits posted back to our credit card.  The amounts credited back were less than the taxes, fees and port expenses listed on the Cancellation Notification.  

I finally figured out that I had to submit the form where I would choose Option 1 or Option 2.  On 17 March I submitted that form requesting Option 2.   Last night I checked my Captain Circle Account and had the FCC for the 15 March cruise.  Princess assigned it a Credit ID number, Description - Passenger Relations, Earned - 3/19/20, Expires - Book By - 12/31/21 and Sail By - 12/31/21 and the amount.  The FCC amount is slightly more than the cancellation fees listed on the Cancellation Notification. I won't swear to it but I think Princess along with the FCC gave back the FCD for the 15 March cruise as I now have an extra Active FCD.

Since Option 2 said 100% refund + 100% FCC,  so I am still waiting for the remaining dollars to be credited back to my credit card.  At least I hope this is the way it should work.

I wonder if they are refunding based on sail dates.

I canceled an April 18th cruise on March 6th. Previous to cancelling, I cancelled my shore excursions. To this date, I have only received my shore excursion refund.  Nothing else.

On March 16th, I chose Option 2. Nothing in my Captain Circle account though that is my least of my worries.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1

April 4 cruise cancelled via phone with Princess rep on 3/9 and they stated refund in 10 days time.  I then filed for same refund on line using Princess's form on 3/17.  Received confirmation of receipt of form from Princess on the same day.  No further response from Princess.  We chose lower value option (1?) for full refund.  Zip, zero, nada from Princess as of today.

11 minutes ago, Pzazzz said:

April 4 cruise cancelled via phone with Princess rep on 3/9 and they stated refund in 10 days time.  I then filed for same refund on line using Princess's form on 3/17.  Received confirmation of receipt of form from Princess on the same day.  No further response from Princess.  We chose lower value option (1?) for full refund.  Zip, zero, nada from Princess as of today.

as been posted on Princess website and too many times on various threads … 60 days for fare refunds

• Like 1

When it looked like my April 25 day TA on the Sky Princess might be cancelled I booked the return TA in August. Last week I emailed the form to transfer the booking to my travel agent. It was processed this morning. So, Princess is still working on other things while they struggle to process the refunds.

2 hours ago, Coral said:

I wonder if they are refunding based on sail dates.

I canceled an April 18th cruise on March 6th. Previous to cancelling, I cancelled my shore excursions. To this date, I have only received my shore excursion refund.  Nothing else.

On March 16th, I chose Option 2. Nothing in my Captain Circle account though that is my least of my worries.

That's possible. Even though I cancelled March 6th as well, my sail date was March 7th. I've started seeing refunds--taxes, fees, prepaid purchases and the 100% portion of Option #1 FCC.

• Like 1

We had to return to port 1 day early due to a noro outbreak (CB departed PE on 2/16, scheduled to return 3/1) so we were given a refund and FCC. FCC showed up in my CC account about 2 weeks later, yesterday we got  a check in the mail for the refund. No forms required, Princess just handled it.

• Like 2

Or never......

I cancelled our June 2 Alaska cruise on 3/16. Two days later I received my CC bill showing the final payment to Princess dated Feb 21. My CC payment is due 4/6. I kept thinking why should I pay over $5k and than just wait 60 days to get it back. I called CC company and explained my dilemma, the rep told me that if I have canceled cruise I should dispute the payment. By doing that I will not be responsible for the payment until Princess addresses my dispute. By doing this I will maintain control over that $5k during their 60 day delay.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

So to add to the weirdness...

My client and I were both due to sail on the same cruise on March 14th. I cancelled her booking online through Polar on March 9th. She received the taxes/port fees and EZ Air refundable portion back to her credit card on March 13th.

I called Princess to cancel my booking on March 10th (not able to do it through Polar as it was a special rate). No refund of anything for me yet, not even pre-paid shore excursion or gratuity.

Maybe it depends on the way it was cancelled?

• Kansas City, MissourI

Well good luck with that. I also was cancelled by the cruise line, and also attempted to re-book my Hawaii cruise, but was told that I would have to come up with additional 2-3K for the same cruise at a later date and time. To me this was not worth the value, and requested the option #2 (100% refund + 25% future cruise credit). My issues were that the system did not accept the submittal of the form, had to call back 4 different times with 4 different agents. Finally the last agent I spoke with was brutally honest and stated that they are having issues with the system, some of the submissions are going thru and others are not. 
in previous communication from Princess, it was stated that any shore excursions would be automatically returned, well after speaking with the agent yesterday, if a claim is not filed, then your money will be held in limbo according to the agent. She advised their system (Polar) which in normal situations would be able to reverse the charges immediately, but since this is not the normal, they have to enter each transaction individually. Thus will take up to 60 days or longer for any refund to be returned.

If you submitted the refund, make sure you received an e-mail from a Princess which states it has processing your refund. In some parts there is a glitch, in the system, and I guess I had to be one of the ones who never received an e-mail confirmation. After 60 days, if I have not heard back from Princess, then I will be re-contacting them.

Also you must file a separate form for independent air fare, hotel, or any other transportation you may have had booked, to be considered for a refund.

Just passing on this information for others who may be experiencing the same issues.

Edited by KcFanNindy